Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

6300 IP worth the grind?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

12-30-2011

The IP cost of a champion has nothing to do with how powerful they are. If you see a 6300 champ that sufficiently interests you, then definately save up. If you see cheaper costing champs that also interest you, you might just want to buy them first.

Legeril

12-30-2011

Shaco I have seen do very well when played correctly. Even the 450IP champions have a lot of counters to the 6300.

Although I have yet to play with a Shen that did anything worthwhile.

Nexus Crawler

12-30-2011

Quote:
Legeril:
Shaco I have seen do very well when played correctly. Even the 450IP champions have a lot of counters to the 6300.

Although I have yet to play with a Shen that did anything worthwhile.

Shen is sorely in need of a bit more work. mostly in the base stat area like actually getting MR/Level for being a Melee Tank/Support. Other than that he actually takes map awareness and some reflexes to play well which is why he's generally fail.

MrToasty

12-30-2011

Cait is definitely not worth it. Don't get her for 6300 IP.

Fiddelstacks

12-30-2011

Quote:
Sír Pouncealot:
Yes i know what you mean, i'm debating between getting akali + shen + kennen [The ninja team] or malzahar + kog'mow + cho'gath [The void team] and well RP not an option so... : ( i cant really decide...

Pssst, go for Malzahar.

NicoliTheCat

12-30-2011

Kennen is worth the 6300, IMO. He's a blast to play.

Dranide

12-30-2011

Quote:
Degato:
Urgot is REALLY good for 3150. Kennen is my favorite champion in the entire game. I bought him when he was 25% off last month and he is my go-to champ. I love playing him in mid or solo top. He is just a TON of fun to play. Is he worth saving up 6300 IP for? I'm not sure any champ is, id use the points for a new rune page. \

There are plenty of fun and competitive champs for less IP. I'd probably stick with those for awhile until you know there is a champ you HAVE TO HAVE for 6300. I wouldn't buy Akali right now, she is just perma-banned in Dominion most of the time and in SR sometimes too. If you don't know what champ you want next, sounds like you shouldn't spend your points. Play the champs during the free week (at least 8-10 games), then make your choice.

Also, check out your current stable and find what you are lacking. That should be the biggest thing that directs your purchases. I'm lacking a tanky AD champ, so I've been playing tanky AD types when they are free. Eventually I'll know the one I want and buy him/her. I've been testing champs for this purchase for over a month. Sion, not a fan and better AP imo. Jarvan, not good enough imo, needs a small buff (he might have got one, I need to check patch notes). Volibear, now he is a blast, probably the leader of the pack for this purchase. We will see!.

kennen was the first champion I ever bought, I loved him, after I bought him, I used him maybe 5 times then I played xih zhou and fell in love. Now I own over 40 champs and I play ad the most :-)

Bioooootch

12-30-2011

I personally save only use IP to buy runes and lower level champions (450 and 1350) and use RP during the usual weekly sales to buy the expensive 6300/4850?/3150 champs.

If you try to use only IP to buy champions it would take a really long time to fill up a rune page, and have a variety of champions.

Dreadgoat54321

12-30-2011

Well its all taste is subjective, so if you enjoy the champ enough its worth it.

Sír Pouncealot

01-01-2012

Ok everyone tyvm for the replies, i think i'm going with akali for now since its very easy to get newbs with her till i get my runes up then i'll do some champ buying : ) or should i do the champ buying b4? D: .... >,< lol never mind me c yawl on the field's of justice!