6300 IP worth the grind?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sír Pouncealot

12-29-2011

Should i wait for 6.3k IP to get a champion like Yorick/Irelia/Graves/Vayne/Nocturne/etc?

Or should i just go with 3.1k ip like Akali/Udyr/GP/Gragas/etc?

Are the 6.3k ip champs actually better or its just the IP cost or is everything situational?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2011

everything is situational, every champion have their own unique skill kit.

For example, Shaco is one of the very unique 3150

djcz

12-30-2011

Id recommend you save up for a 6300 If you really want 'em, otherwise get the cheaper ones.

Ask Lux

12-30-2011

I buy 6300 with RP and the rest with IP. Just because I find it takes way too long to get 6300 IP, and its not worth the RP for a 3150 champ (in my opinion).

Even then I usually just save my RP for 50% sales on the 6300 IP champs, since I want the most I can get with my money.

ChloeSurfing

12-30-2011

overall 6300 champs are not better than 3150 ones
but there are just some champs you feel like you must have like BRAND
I just think hes super hot

Sír Pouncealot

12-30-2011

Yes i know what you mean, i'm debating between getting akali + shen + kennen [The ninja team] or malzahar + kog'mow + cho'gath [The void team] and well RP not an option so... : ( i cant really decide...

Nexus Crawler

12-30-2011

Try them out during a free week (if you haven't already) if you find one that you really just love playing then yeah save up the IP for it (if you can't get RP. Used IP for my first 50 or so champions so I feel your pain) and pick them up. Even if you only play around 2-3 games a day you can probably get the IP for a 6.3k in around a week and a half. Not great but not so bad that it'll kill you.

@ChloeSurfing

Quote:
I just think hes super hot
bad joke, bad!

KrystalSundancer

12-30-2011

If its a sound investment, yes. If not, you should buy a champ at a lower price range and focus on filling out the runes needed to play that champion well.

InglouriousCobb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2011

Grab Urgot, he is completely awesome, and only 3150.

Degato

12-30-2011

Urgot is REALLY good for 3150. Kennen is my favorite champion in the entire game. I bought him when he was 25% off last month and he is my go-to champ. I love playing him in mid or solo top. He is just a TON of fun to play. Is he worth saving up 6300 IP for? I'm not sure any champ is, id use the points for a new rune page. \

There are plenty of fun and competitive champs for less IP. I'd probably stick with those for awhile until you know there is a champ you HAVE TO HAVE for 6300. I wouldn't buy Akali right now, she is just perma-banned in Dominion most of the time and in SR sometimes too. If you don't know what champ you want next, sounds like you shouldn't spend your points. Play the champs during the free week (at least 8-10 games), then make your choice.

Also, check out your current stable and find what you are lacking. That should be the biggest thing that directs your purchases. I'm lacking a tanky AD champ, so I've been playing tanky AD types when they are free. Eventually I'll know the one I want and buy him/her. I've been testing champs for this purchase for over a month. Sion, not a fan and better AP imo. Jarvan, not good enough imo, needs a small buff (he might have got one, I need to check patch notes). Volibear, now he is a blast, probably the leader of the pack for this purchase. We will see!.