Fix elo system plzz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Llorexion

12-28-2011

Hello,

I am a summoner that is descently hardcore into getting high up in the rankings through the use of solo que ranked and i have a few questions about the elo system. Can i please get an explanation on how the system (if there is one) works cause it seems completely illogical on how it works at the moment. There are several flaws that i want to ask about. Why is it cause some other *insert whatever deragatory name you like* gets mad and decides to leave or purposely not help you or another teammate like they should and it ends up cause you to lose 5 ranked games in a row cause there are different people doing it each game, and i know that i am in elo hell but as of right now from my perspective there is no escapeing and honestly it is extremely disheartening, im not even mad or frustrated anymore im just sad and dissapointed. I have played this game for over a year now and i absolutely love the game and passionate about it but i dont enjoy losing cause of other lower than average IQ players that get mad and leave or troll as hard as possible.
Thanks for listening/reading if your stayed through my QQ
P.S. can i get a Red answer this please

Juicytwins

12-28-2011

feel your pain, just went 26-6-10 with annie and my team still got aced because none of them wanted to build magic resist to counter there entire team that was AP -__-

Eckzial

Recruiter

12-28-2011

Yeah, I tried so hard last season to get past 1300 rating but couldn't quite make it. I would lose more rating from a loss then I gained from a win. This season how ever started out 9-0 and got to about 1500 rating, loved it... great teammates and everything. Then decided to dual que with a buddy down in the 1200's rating and ended up loosing 4 or so... brought me down to 1300's. Now I think I'm at like 1200's because a buddy in game wanted me to get him out of elo hell... 800's rating. The team mates where horrible!!! Lost 50 rating for that loss and never doing that again lol. (A win in my elo now will grant me like 18 rating)

Basically, I don't agree with loosing more than you gain, especially when it goes on other people for the loss. And bottom line, I don't think solo-que rating's mark how good someone is. It's all about luck in getting teamed up with like-minded, good attitude people.

Also, a side-note, I would just que dodge last season if I felt a loss was coming during character selection. Kept me from going back down past 1100 rating.

I don't really complain for going down past 1300 elo anymore because I just stomp the people below that, I do however still lose sometimes due to my team mates.

Llorexion

12-29-2011

I am glad that i am not the only person seeing issues with the solo que Elo system and wish that at the very least tweak it or something or open something on PTR to try and figure something out cause i see many other threads with the same issues.

Dopinwe

12-29-2011

there is other problems whit elo too

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1644982&highlight=pls