How the *@#& do you counter...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PlagueFather

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2011

I've noticed a LOT of people have been playing a LOT of these champs lately, due to them being overpowered or just insanely crafty...I just want to know how to counter:
Poppy
Morgana
Dr. Mundo
Lux
Katarina
Kassadin
and Riven.

If anybody could provide me with any strategies to countering these champs or to not get two shot by them at lvl 18, PLEASE let me know.

Redenbacher

12-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlagueFather View Post
I've noticed a LOT of people have been playing a LOT of these champs lately, due to them being overpowered or just insanely crafty...I just want to know how to counter:
Poppy
Morgana
Dr. Mundo
Lux
Katarina
Kassadin
and Riven.

If anybody could provide me with any strategies to countering these champs or to not get two shot by them at lvl 18, PLEASE let me know.
1) Don't feed them. All of these champions have strong early-mid games, and you need to play your game intelligently. Last-hit, and don't push your lane. Choose your harassment opportunities wisely to deny them farm and HP, without taking excessive damage in the process. A good way to do this is to take advantage of cooldowns. For example, beating up a Katarina after she shun-po's in for a last-hit.

2) For Poppy, Morgana, Tank Mundo, Lux, Katarina, and Kassadin, build MR and HP to soak their damage. BVeil works well specifically for Morgana, Lux, and Poppy to mitigate their CC abilities. Early boots help dodge Morgana & Lux skill shots. Save stuns for Katarina's ultimate and Kassadin's escape.

3) For AD Mundo, Riven, and AD Poppy, build Armor and HP to soak their damage.

If you're getting two-shot by any champion, ever, you're built glass cannon. Against assassins like Kassadin and Poppy specifically, this is a huge mistake. Use defensive items that synergize with your champions' abilities, while granting the defense bonuses you need. For example, if you're playing Swain and need armor against someone like Riven, pick up Zhonya's Ring as it gives you armor, AP, and an active ability that works very well with your ultimate.

PlagueFather

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2011

Quote:
1) Don't feed them. All of these champions have strong early-mid games, and you need to play your game intelligently. Last-hit, and don't push your lane. Choose your harassment opportunities wisely to deny them farm and HP, without taking excessive damage in the process. A good way to do this is to take advantage of cooldowns. For example, beating up a Katarina after she shun-po's in for a last-hit.

2) For Poppy, Morgana, Tank Mundo, Lux, Katarina, and Kassadin, build MR and HP to soak their damage. BVeil works well specifically for Morgana, Lux, and Poppy to mitigate their CC abilities. Early boots help dodge Morgana & Lux skill shots. Save stuns for Katarina's ultimate and Kassadin's escape.

3) For AD Mundo, Riven, and AD Poppy, build Armor and HP to soak their damage.

If you're getting two-shot by any champion, ever, you're built glass cannon. Against assassins like Kassadin and Poppy specifically, this is a huge mistake. Use defensive items that synergize with your champions' abilities, while granting the defense bonuses you need. For example, if you're playing Swain and need armor against someone like Riven, pick up Zhonya's Ring as it gives you armor, AP, and an active ability that works very well with your ultimate.
Problem is I never know when Poppy is going AD or AP until it's too late. I was playing Heimerdinger with a sunfire, thornmail, and zhonyas (with a void staff) and she was still just stunning me into a wall, auto attacking, then doing some other move and taadaa i'm dead. But thank you otherwise for the advice.

AMonkeyCourier

12-29-2011

Vs Kass, put an ADC or tanky DPS mid. Watch as he sucks balls because the only laning situation he's actually good in is vs a squishy that can't deal with silence. For some reason, spastics who don't understand what a metagame actually is think you have to put an AP mid. This is precisely what Kassa counters so by putting an AP vs him, you're counterpicking yourself.

Redenbacher

12-29-2011

Quote:
Problem is I never know when Poppy is going AD or AP until it's too late. I was playing Heimerdinger with a sunfire, thornmail, and zhonyas (with a void staff) and she was still just stunning me into a wall, auto attacking, then doing some other move and taadaa i'm dead. But thank you otherwise for the advice.
Well if it helps at all, any Poppy will do a large sum of magic damage for the majority of the game. The AD one will lean more towards physical damage only late game... so you're safe with magic resistance no matter how you slice it. I would have strongly recommended a BVeil, so she can't hit you with her stun, assuming her teammates didn't poke the bubble off of you.

Wafer

12-29-2011

Poppy: BV
Morgana: BV
Dr. Mundo: Ignite
Lux: Dodge skillshots, BV
Katarina: Stuns/Silences/Fears
Kassadin: BV

larkhill

12-29-2011

~ Morgana - flash for her ult, BV and dodging skillshots. if ur laning against her, start with boots
~ Dr. Mundo - ignite
~ Lux - see morgana
~ Katarina - stuns
~ Kassadin - silence/stuns
~ Riven - ranged dps. riven is melee. she should be dead or very injured before she gets into a teamfight

Silent Reaper

12-29-2011

Quote:
Poppy
Morgana
Dr. Mundo
Lux
Katarina
Kassadin
and Riven.

Malzahar, Cassiopeia, Udyr (any champions with DoT damage) counters Poppy.
Morgana is countered by anyone who has a built in stun or Blink ability.
Dr. Mundo is countered by Ignite and Blink Abilities.
Lux is countered by tankier champions OR burst champions.
Katarina is countered by CC
Kassadin is countered by Poppy, Talon, Tanky Champions with Regen or champions which have a very long range such as Cassiopeia.
Riven is countered by Udyr pretty well or any champion with a built in CC or Silence such as Garen.

Ask Lux

12-29-2011

Summoner PlagueFather,
I have taken it upon myself to help you in countering myself specifically.

Should I miscalculate any of my magical skills in precision or timing, it is extremely detrimental to myself. The best thing you can do is to move your chosen champion out of the way of my skills and to avoid my wonderful death rainbow lazer.

Also take note that it takes a while for me to regain my magical powers to re-use some abilities. Take note of this and attack me in between these, as they say "cooldowns", when I'm most vulnerable.
-Lux

Metodex

12-29-2011

Poppy----- A combo of crowd control and ranged. You got Vayne with bot, but i suggest you and a teammate

Morgana-----I still don't know, just dodge her skillshots with superior mobility and try and kill creep waves fast. Ganks help

Dr. Mundo----Im barely a 2-3 month player and he is so underused right now. I don't know. Madred's bloodrazor and Crowd Control can't go wrong.

Lux-------Silence, stun, powerful bursts like Wukong or a post lvl6 Kassadin. Mobility helps a lot.

Katarina------Don't be afraid to harass her and attack her when she also attacks you,she has a high burst but is vulnerable afterwards. Also, a stun when she ults is a shutdown for her.

Kassadin-------Don't be a slow AP early game like Kassadin himself. The key is to harass a lot and outfarm him early game. hes not ranged so he can be poked easily. Don't let him last hit and deny his XP.

Riven-----Stun,Fear,Silence,Slow, any CC should work, specially silence and stun since she can't use skills.

As i said,im still kinda new so feel free to correct me.