I used to jungle...Now trying carries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brozan

12-30-2011

This is not a ***** thread. Simply put, I used to jungle and support in season 1 and the changes in season 2 along with my wanting to go up in ELO a bit have urged me to change my playstyle from jungle to lane.

I play in the 1400s, usually, and I stay pretty consistently there if I play support or jungle. Lately, though, I've been practicing normals because I don't want to lose ranked elo for my team while I'm re-learning.

So, the question is this: As someone who primarily jungled, what would you suggest working on to get into the AP or AD carry mindset? I know last hitting - I'm fair at it. However, I find that if I start focusing I tend to open myself to ganks and aggression.

So, what would you suggest to someone who is used to Jungling (emphasis on gank jungler) who wants to move to AP or AD? Champion suggestions? Common ideas?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThatSriLankanKid

12-30-2011

I play mostly support and ad carry so I'll give you some advice. I'm not 30 yet so it would be fair to take everything I play with a grain of salt.

Laning Phase:
-Your job in this phase of the game is solely to farm and protect/take dragon (if necessary). Do so by lh, harrassing, zoning etc. The extent to which you harrass or zone (how aggressive or passive you will be) will depend on your lane matchup. In general, try and keep the creep wave in the middle lane. Also, make sure that your support is keeping the river bush, dragon, and even tribrush warded to prevent ganks. Let your support know that you sometimes have difficulty with map awareness so that he can do more watching and you can do more lhing. Ill spare you the details about stuff related to what your jungle will be doing during this phase because I'm sure you know it better than I do.

Mid Game:
- I usually try and continue to farm as much as possible, but I try and stick with my team as we complete objectives and small team fights break out. Mid game is really dependent on how early game went.

Late Game: Stick with your team and be the insane dpser that you are. Stay out of the fray and try and gun people down from the outside. If you are sure that a teamfight is a lost cause, feel free to hightail it to saftey. You're more valuable to your team alive.

As far as champion selection goes I think that Graves, Kog, Vayne, Cait, Tristana, and to a lesser extent Ashe are considered viable. I only have played with Tristana and Ashe,but I like both of them. The utility that ashe brings to the team is amazing, even if she has a poor laning phase compared to the other carries.
- Having a built in CV is great for checking brush, scouting baron/dragon, buffs etc and the extra gp is nice. The uses for hawkshot are infinite. Her ult is also the best IMO out of any of the carries because its global, and is a great way to initiate a fight. No other carry has the initiation powers of ashe. He slow is of course bonkers;however, ashe does have come pretty critical cons. She has low mobility with no built in escape, and she has the lowest damage output of any of the carries. Her farm phase is pretty weak, as she gets outranged by cait, kog, and bullied by graves and vayne. If you are going to invest in a carry, i would suggest Vayne, Graves, Kog or Cait.