Im going to get stuck in ELO Hell and its pissing me off

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

exo521

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2011

Im relatively new to ranked play, but im a good player who has a pretty well rounded understanding of the game. Ive been lvl 30 for awhile but was scared to play ranked bc of all the elo hell horror stories, and im sad to say that they are all true, so far in ranked im 8-8 which is bull**** because in my 8 losses, 6 had an AFK and 2 had troll feeders who died 15-20times and spamed "hue hue jaja i lost at a free game" all game. Only 1 of my first 16 games that had full 5v5 teams with players actually trying to win resulted in a legit loss, every other one had either an afk, a intentional feeder, or both. I hate the fact that my playing ability is rated off whether or not i can single handedly carry a team to victory and make up for troll/noob feeders and afk's.

/rant

As this has been an ongoing problem for ranked games since this games creation, i really think its time riot looked at the rank system and try to address this.

Girlpants

12-29-2011

Here's the deal man. You're just not going to do super well right off the bat in ranked. 8-8 isn't really terrible honestly. I think when I started I went like 3-10 or something like that. Until you get to the point where you can lead your team via chat, help everyone win their lane, and utterly dominate yours no matter what, then you won't be rising that much in elo. You have to be able to influence a game so much that you make the difference of winning and losing. Being just a good player, or having a good knowledge of the game is not enough. You need to be a ****ing monster 100% of the time.

CcKratosCc

12-29-2011

I agree with girlpants, and it helps to duo with another monster. I sent you a friend request.

KarlHeinrichMarx

12-29-2011

I'm in a similar situation. Just recently started playing ranked again and I've dropped to 5-8 with something like 1060 Elo. I know I'm a decent player because when I play with my regular team I do well. My problem is that my weakest role is the one required to win in ranked (carries).

Feelsbadman.jpg and I feel your pain.

exo521

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2011

I do win my lane 99% of the time, the problem is while im doing it, the other lanes are feeding, or someone afk's, or it comes time to team fight and my team is spread all over the place and the other team is grouped as 5, i just cant over come that, and i ping, type ect trying to get people to listen, and when i have players who want to win that works, but you cant make an afk or a troll do what you want with a ping. My last game i played vayne bot with a soraka, i had to fight her for cs because she was farming like mad and i had to buy pots because she refused to heal me. I *****ed at her and she she was like "supports need farm too noob" are you freaking kidding me. The players in this elo are clueless and it makes me mad to be rated among them. While this was happening i had an Arhi who fed mid like crazy ending the game with 18 deaths.

Edit: i finished that game 10-6-9 despite being in a lane with a non healing farm stealing soraka and a super feeder in mid. what more can i do?

Shashakiko

12-29-2011

Hey what elo are you? Maybe I could duo with you. Add me in-game my ign is Shashakiko.

exo521

12-29-2011

~1200 right now.

PoofiePanda

12-29-2011

ELO hell sucks man. I'm there atm. The biggest problem with random people is the lack of communication. In order to do well you NEED to be talking with your team.

Chogull

12-29-2011

Getting wins and loses because of people disconnecting happens. You cant prevent that or do anything about it.
All you can do is take care of the things you DO have control over.
Most people in ranked have a good idea of what is going on. You shouldnt have to do other peoples jobs for them. If thats what youre trying to do...then youre probably spreading yourself waaay tooo thin. Do your job. Win your lane. Help your jungle. Dont take others farm. Help coordinate ganks/dragon/nashor/tower pushes. Map awarness, Ward. etc etc.
As long as youre doing your job in ranked solo queue the results will follow. Also, 16 games is such a small sample size. play 50 games and see how it is.

Harries

12-29-2011

your only 1200? and your complaining? Are you aware of how easy it is to get to get out of your hole?