Was attack speed nerfed too hard?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RandomSummoner37

01-23-2013

Riot nerfed attack speed and buffed damage in the item rework. Phantom Dancer was hit particularly hard. This severely hurt AD carries dependent on auto attacks while simply changing up the build for the already popular ADs.

You never see Ashe and Trist anymore, Kog and Vayne, when picked, generally perform poorly and are very dependent on Nunu for BB (which is getting nerfed). Cait is an exception due to her range but she benefits a lot from Nunu as well.

The strongest AD carries at the moment all scale well on AD and/or have an AA reset or pseudo auto attack. These would be Ezreal, Sivir, Graves, Draven, and Miss Fortune. I believe Varus and Twitch are also fairly strong but are still overshadowed by the aforementioned carries.

Through watching the tournament many pro AD players were simply forgoing attack speed as a whole and simply stacking AD. Attack speed is simply not worth it if you have AD scaling or an AA-like ability. I saw Ezreal and Graves in the tournament go BT, LW, IE, and sometimes even multiple BTs. Static Shiv was rare, especially on Ezreal. PD was nonexistent

I really feel like nerfing AS was the wrong direction to go about nerfing AD carries, as this hurt only a handful and solidified AD carries that have burst as king when they were the problem already

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Romdeau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Graves does not scale well with AD, but he has one of the dumbest zone moves in the game on his W. That's what makes him good imo, that and his E steroid.

Graves doesn't scale with AD as in, he doesn't have a MF ult type of scaling.