Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilverSoultaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

07-25-2009

Rune testing is currently very hard for the beta testers. For runes to be effective at all you need to mass one kind of rune, or else the bonouses are to small to be noticed. If you do spend the 3-4 hours per rune page you get a large bonous over the other players who don't.

How the system currently works, the random get runes button actually prevents players from properly testing runes. Getting the specific runes that you want takes far to long and it takes the most dedicated of players to actually get even one rune page fully set. I have two (total of 8.5 hours to get them) currently, and tried to start on a third. After another 5 hours of work on this and only getting 4 runes that I wanted, I say enough.

Spending over 12.5 hours and not even being able to finish the rune book is pointless and detracts from the game. The bonouses from runes are now big enough that it is a major detrament to a player if they don't have any but because of how long it takes you can't easily get the pages. The current rune system prevents people from playing the game and are put in a mini-game of sorts to check you luck with the runes.

If you could give a player a get runes page, with an option for teir 1, 2 and 3 runes then another option for the type (quintesence, seal, etc.) and finally let us select the specific runes that we want. Also adding in a delete runes option so we can quickly respec would be needed, or at least very helpful. If you use these ideas please don't add in a graphic that takes a good 3-5 seconds so that we can quickly change the runes around without having to wait. Doing this it will speed up the rune process, letting us test the game more while at the same time easily being able to test exactly how powerful each kind of rune is.

iPredicted

Adjudicator

07-25-2009

Jokenotfunny.
I agree.
Will post more on the subject when im done doing ****ing runes.

ihatehumans

Adjudicator

07-25-2009

I think everyone knows my views on the rune system.

If you don't here is a quick summary:

1) Time based, the more time the better you can make your runes.

2) Luck based, you might not have to spend 3 hours, maybe only 1, maybe 10.

3) Pointless, it has no correlation with the plans for live.

There's more, but my doctor says if I talk about runes too much again I will probably die this time!

Paralakz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-25-2009

Been trying to finsh a PAGE for two weeks. How about the part where I discovered a new rune... TODAY...

ihatehumans

Adjudicator

07-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predicted View Post
Jokenotfunny.
I agree.
Will post more on the subject when im done doing ****ing runes.
Soooo, never right

RoarMan

Adjudicator

07-25-2009

I am doing this of my own free will and power.

I agree.

eXes

07-25-2009

I agree, i spend like 3 hours yesterday between matchs and have not even 1 full rune build like i wanted to get it.

Also i think the amount of runes is more confusing than helpfull, if we could reduce the overall amount or add more quintessence runes, that would be far easier for most of us.

Karnij

Adjudicator

07-25-2009

aye, random grab bag sucks ass, too me way too many hours, although I did finally get the 3 books that I want for now, but if I change my mind and want to try something else, I am afraid how long it will take.

cwatz

Adjudicator

07-25-2009

Been saying this for a while now too. Definitely on board.

Argyle

Adjudicator

07-25-2009

I've been wondering this, as I've only done one page... and I don't even know how long that actually took me.
Must agree.