Let's talk solo top & support bot champs...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoneyJr

12-28-2011

I know the title was a bit convoluted but I have two separate questions and am putting them in to one post; feel free to answer both or either one.

1) I generally play solo top champs ( Cho, Malph, Nasus, Ren, Rumble, Singed & Trundle) & have been considering learning WW & Maokai but have a few questions first.
Which, of the two, is more viable solo top? Why are they not seen more often (Elo bracket 1100-1200)

WW: I know he has great sustain but does that translate to high CS? I assume you AA to last hit & harass with his Q?

Mao: What is he like solo top? I know he can harass well, but can he farm well? Who does he beat solo top?

2) I find the current state of support (0 cs) to be boring, but nevertheless, someone needs to do it. I used to main Taric but hate all of the changes he has gone through. Iíll play Janna if needed, but feel like she is a bit weak compared to Sona or Soraka. Has anyone had success playing as Maokai or Blitz support? I checked solomid and didnít find any guides for them as support so maybe it wonít workÖ. I know Blitz is feast or famine, but assuming all things being equal & I ran some combination of Flash/CV/Heal could either champ be a legit support?

(I posted this in general & got no response because the forum was moving so quickly).

IDrunkenOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2011

Play wukong, win top every time, thank me later

Ortus2

12-28-2011

wukong is very strong indeed his w is pretty op combined with a gap closer that means free harras.
I would suggest gangplank or cdr warwick in top lane.
You need to adapt to their top aswell if they chose garen pick phant and own him ;p

lastchancexi

12-28-2011

I think Blitz and Maokai both work as supports, but you have to play them way different, and Janna's just so easy to play well (best champion in the game right now, btw).

Acolarh

12-28-2011

Blitz is good for support. Mao I'm not sure about, he seems like he would need some CS for items to me, but it's worth a try I think.

MoneyJr

12-28-2011

Thanks. Anyone else?