The Void Master | Part 1: Jax's Dilemna

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raventook

12-28-2011

The Void Master
A Novella by Raventook

-------------------------------
Part 1: Jax's Dilemna
-------------------------------

Jax squatted on a large boulder, watching through the twisted trees of the Plague Forest. He was being followed.

Earlier he had run into a Piltover tinker who had gotten himself lost in the jungle labyrinth. He had guided the tinker in the right direction, for a few coins, of course. Now he regretted ever revealing himself to the old man, because it was very likely he had tipped off his pursuers. Greed was his bane.

The Plague Forest was full of sound, unkown creatures and rushing water nearby, though he couldn't see the source. With all the commotion, his ears were useless. He had to rely on his eyes and instinct.

"Pursuers," he said to himself. His instinct told him there was not a single pursuer, even though his eyes told him there was only one. He had been watching the approach from a far distance, until the figure disappeared behind a hill. They must have been walking in single file, as to hide their numbers--they were good. He could only guess how many there actually were.

This worried him. There was more going on than the Demacians would reveal. Hired for a simple scouting mission? I think not. At least he wasn't alone.

Where was that strange Yordle anyways? Despite his disdain for being paired with Teemo, he was glad for the help now. Usually, he could trust the fact that he could face a single opponent and defeat them, but outnumbered - not always. Teemo would be a great asset, and he had to admit he was the real scout.

I'm just a bodyguard; that's what I am.

There was a rustling sound behind him and Jax readied himself. How could they already be upon him? Suddenly Teemo appeared, he hadn't even been cloaked even and Jax never sensed his approach.

"Hello Jax," Teemo said, smiling. He was always smiling. "Morgana and Sion are headed this way."

"Sion, huh?." He said, trying to hide his concern. He stroked his chin with his two fingers and contemplated the situation. "It's those shields, and binding abilities, that I'm worried about," he said, turning to Teemo, who just smiled back. "They'll be a deadly combo."

Jax jumped deftly down from the boulder and looked down the trail. "How long Teemo?"

"Oh, I'd say about five minutes. I got here much quicker than they ever could." Teemo looked down at his custom boots that were a orange-yellow color. "Mobility boots," he said.

"Smart, great for scouting" Jax said. With Teemo's speed boost ability and cloaking powers, he could just lay traps all day and evade them. Not a luxury I have.

"We face them now. Well, I will. We can't afford to lead them to what we are seeking."

"We don't even know what we're seeking," Teemo said.

"We'll know it when we see it."

"I'm going back aren't I?" Teemo asked.

"You're much quicker, and we need to warn Lux's brigade that we have," he paused, searching for the right word, "company."

Teemo just nodded.

"How long will it take you?"

"Well," Teemo said, "The Demacian camp is five miles away, appoximately, so it'll be fifteen minutes to reach them, thirty for them to get back here...maybe an hour before you hear from us. We won't get here in time Jax." Teemo was smiling, despite the concern in his voice.

"I'm not planning on defeating them. My goal is to delay them."

Teemo nodded, and just as quickly as he arrived he disappeared in the underbrush, taking his own route back to the camp.

Jax was alone, and so he began to think. If I take one of them by surprise, the other would certainly stun me.

He unsheathed his lantern, which had been strapped to his back.

Minutes passed, and there was just silence and the sounds of the nearby stream. The creatures had quieted down, signaling his enemies' approach.

Were there more? Did they have Evelyn or Twitch with them? If so, he was certainly done for. Just then there was a crashing noise as branches were breaking, and the loud, exuberant yell.

Sion! His mind clicked and he was ready for action.

Jax did a backflip high in the air, right as Sion appeared and went beneath him, slashing his giant axe. His shield was activated so it would be senseless to attack. He had to avoid his gaze.

A second shield appeared over Sion, making him all but invincible. Where was Morgana hiding?

He landed behind Sion, whose shield exploded suddenly, throwing Jax backwards through the air and knocking the air out of him as he slammed into a tree. He had experienced that before, at Summoner's Rift, but it had been awhile. He noticed Sion was also wearing belt of full of empty ability power potions. That could explain things. How many did he drink?

We can't afford to let them find what we're looking for, he reminded himself, as he stood up with as much strength he could muster. He brandished his lantern, instantly leapstriking at Sion and activating Empower at the same moment.

Just as he was about to come crashing down on the brutish green-skinned warrior, a force overcame him and he felt himself unable to move. Instead of finishing his leapstrike, Jax fell to the ground, landing awkwardly on one leg--he was sure he sprained it--and lay there frozen in place. Sion turned and raised his enormous axe above Jax, ready to finish him off.

"No luck for you," Sion said. His voice was gruff and human, but somehow otherworldly at the same time. He was a being that had lived beyond the grave.

Jax closed his eyes but instead of being greeted with death, he heard Sion yell in pain.

He opened his eyes. Morgana stepped out into the open, looking around wildly, ready to pounce. Sion was writhing in pain.

"Who's there? Show yourself," the dark angel hissed.

"Teemo, at your service!" came the cheery voice of the Yordle.

Morgana stepped back into the shadows, but as she did so there was a popping sound. Jax noticed a broken shroom below her feet, green with yellow poke-a-dots, and Morgana started wrenching in pain.

Teemo appeared out of nowhere; he had been cloaked, and launched a dart into her arm. She grabbed it in pain and scowled at him, pulling it out.

Dark, purple energy suddenly shot out from her, slamming into Teemo and pinning him to the ground. Teemo gasped in pain, and as he struggled to stand he moved very slowly. He had dropped his dart gun and as he reached to grab it Jax noticed movement nearby.

Sion was upon him, swinging his axe wildly. Jax dodge left, then ducked, avoiding the deadly blows, and each time swinging or jabbing his lantern into Sion who grunted each time. Sion suddenly began to glow green. He had activated his healing ability, and began swinging at Jax with increased speed.

Jax took this opportunity to leapstrike, but not at Sion. Now was the time to avoid him. Instead, he launched at Morgana who was laughing at poor Teemo, waiting for the second round of her Dark Binding.

Jax slammed into her, throwing her back into a tree. Morgana fell to the ground unconscious and Teemo was free from her influence.

"Thanks," Teemo said.

Jax realized the smile had never left his face, even under Morgana's influence.

Teemo, with surprising speed, grabbed his dart gun suddenly and rolled to the side. A giant axe slammed into the ground where he had been, cutting several feet deep. Teemo began launching darts behind Jax who turned to see Sion with about a dozen darts sticking out of his chest and arms already.

"You fool. You don't know what is happening here do you?" Sion said, as more darts stuck into him. Jax could see his life draining from him.

"Teemo, stop." Jax demanded.

Teemo put away his dart launcher and faded into the shadows, unseen. A good idea, Jax realized. They didn't know who else could be with the Noxian pair.

"What did you say?" Jax said.

"You don't..." Sion gasped, the poison still etching away his life,"...even realize what you're getting into. This is far..." he coughed, "...beyond our world or the Fields of Justice. Hasn't Nasus shared his secret with you yet?"

"What secret?" Jax asked.

"Hah! He hasn't told you. Well, his brother has revealed all."

"Why did you attack me?" Jax said. "If this is beyond us all, why do I matter?"

"Because I wanted to make sure I'd strike first, before you did anything foolish. Morgana tried holding me back. She even said we might need you." Sion seemed to have a hard time uttering those words, not out of pain but due to pride. "All of us are in danger," Sion said, as he grunted, and dropped to one knee. He began coughing convulsively and looked as if he was about to topple over. "For someone so small, he is very...very...annoying." Sion said.

"Teemo, get your rope. Let's tie them up," Jax said. "We'll wait for Lux before interrogating them."

"Interrogating? I'll leave that to the diplomats," Teemo said, rummaging through his knapsack.

Raventook

01-13-2012

Thanks for the upvotes.

Silver Trinity

01-14-2012

Well done, mate.

Jax used to be my favourite character until I found out he was considered OP.

This, however, was great writing that enticed my from the title.

Also(coincidentally, perhaps?) I think we both dislike Sion, somehow. Check my Jaximus Maximus story(which, by the way, was my first writing in my entire life.) I'd appreciate some replies/opinions. Thanks ^.^

Raventook

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belothan View Post
Well done, mate.

Jax used to be my favourite character until I found out he was considered OP.

This, however, was great writing that enticed my from the title.

Also(coincidentally, perhaps?) I think we both dislike Sion, somehow. Check my Jaximus Maximus story(which, by the way, was my first writing in my entire life.) I'd appreciate some replies/opinions. Thanks ^.^
Thanks, I'll have to check it out. Jax is a very interesting character isn't he?

Riven is another well developed character. Thinking of adding her in.

Felza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raventook View Post
Thanks, I'll have to check it out. Jax is a very interesting character isn't he?

Riven is another well developed character. Thinking of adding her in.
If YOU ADD RIVEN in I will te...Check this Thread every 5 minutes

Raventook

01-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felza View Post
If YOU ADD RIVEN in I will te...Check this Thread every 5 minutes
Guess I'll have to now

Raventook

02-01-2012

Been thinking of adding some Riven backstory or Teemo.

Why does that Yordle always smile?

Felza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

good question, I don't know....
probably cause he tries to keep a *positive* attitude ( Until He meets Master Yi)

Raventook

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felza View Post
good question, I don't know....
probably cause he tries to keep a *positive* attitude ( Until He meets Master Yi)
I think its deeper than that, much deeper.

Raventook

03-07-2013

Found my old story!