Is the reporting System Fair ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FierceWolfo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-28-2011

Well .. i don't say it is unfair I rather say it may need some improvements
in fact i didn't Report anyone yet .. when i Asked some guy about how to report someone for some reasons he told me the way .
my point is .. will it be better if the reporting system Requires A "Video Proof" before taking any Action ?
For Example : what if 2 teammates had an argument and they got mad at each other
will it be fair if the guy (1) gathered his friends to report the guy (2) for no reason just because he is mad at him ? (i hope u got the point ) .. well i know that if someone got reported 1 time it isn't a prob .. it is a prob when he get reported several times (that's why i said "gathered his friends" in the example ) .
the whole point of that Thread is to talk about "Hate Reports " and why not making the "Video proof " in the Report system .
P.S. If a i said something Wrong About the Reporting system you r welcomed to correct

thanks for reading the post . Feel free to say anything. (Respectfully)
And if u got an Extra Information about that system Feel free to say .

HKnux5112

12-28-2011

Reporting does nothing. It never does. The only way people get banned is by the new system, as if you leave the game and don't come back, that adds a point. Have enough points and you get warned/banned.

FierceWolfo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKnux5112 View Post
Reporting does nothing. It never does. The only way people get banned is by the new system, as if you leave the game and don't come back, that adds a point. Have enough points and you get warned/banned.
So the reporting System Does nothing ? Lol
Okay but i got a question as u mentioned the points
If u Spent A while not leaving Games ... the points that have been added to u before for leaving games starts to go ? and the penalty level decreases ?

HKnux5112

12-28-2011

I don't know man. It's 5:00 a.m. and I don't care.

FierceWolfo

Recruiter

12-28-2011

Quote:
I don't know man. It's 5:00 a.m. and I don't care.
Haha Lol

Keeperofstars

12-28-2011

Quote:
um actually ive had a few people I know that never leave / go afk, but run mouth off that have been banned before, also seen a guy who was trolling a bunch get banned. So yes the tribunal does add up and you do get warned / banned. Might not see like it but it does happen.

Now for the reporting system, the only thing I think needs changed is an item history list. Right now it just shows the last items they had and sometimes people troll at end and sell stuff off and put wards down etc. Just cause it's over by that point.

Key with the reporting system is when you are reported by I think 5 people during same game, which usually means you need a vote from enemy team as well. you can come up in the tribunal, where like 5 people read all the text messages from the game, on both sides meaning you see the enemy side as well. You see their typical stat recap, and you see the general team scores etc. So you have a pretty good idea, what goes on / went on in the game. From there you say punish or approve.

Most people can quickly tell if someone being a total jerk, or if it was just a bad game, / heated discussion. There is a difference and its pretty easy to tell.

But for me only tweak I would like to see is item history list, oh he had all the correct gear, just in last minute or so he did blah blah. Or wow he was trolling from moment one. That or they start off trolling, like 8 hp to start, and in the end quickly buy items, to make it look like they did well / correct.

Switched

12-28-2011

I have seen major trolls never get banned its strange..Many just like to read the chat like me xD

Gjorven

12-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeperofstars View Post
um actually ive had a few people I know that never leave / go afk, but run mouth off that have been banned before, also seen a guy who was trolling a bunch get banned. So yes the tribunal does add up and you do get warned / banned. Might not see like it but it does happen.

Now for the reporting system, the only thing I think needs changed is an item history list. Right now it just shows the last items they had and sometimes people troll at end and sell stuff off and put wards down etc. Just cause it's over by that point.

Key with the reporting system is when you are reported by I think 5 people during same game, which usually means you need a vote from enemy team as well. you can come up in the tribunal, where like 5 people read all the text messages from the game, on both sides meaning you see the enemy side as well. You see their typical stat recap, and you see the general team scores etc. So you have a pretty good idea, what goes on / went on in the game. From there you say punish or approve.

Most people can quickly tell if someone being a total jerk, or if it was just a bad game, / heated discussion. There is a difference and its pretty easy to tell.

But for me only tweak I would like to see is item history list, oh he had all the correct gear, just in last minute or so he did blah blah. Or wow he was trolling from moment one. That or they start off trolling, like 8 hp to start, and in the end quickly buy items, to make it look like they did well / correct.
Well said, but the only other thing I'd like to add for informational reasons is that when you get a case, you can see all the games they are reported in. When I judge a case and see like 10-15 games to reveiw, I'll often just look at the reasons he was reported to see if he's just consistantly an ass. If the summoner is reported that often, he's probably doing something wrong.

argonKK

12-29-2011

It's only fair to the extent that you have more people on your side, than against you.

Anecdotal evidence - I was trolled by a duo in ranked tonight, and asked the team to report these guys. Apparently no one else felt strongly enough to report them, because after the game everyone immediately left the match summary except for me and them. I ended up getting two reports against me, they each only one.

Good stuff... now I expect to be banned soon by the auto-punish tribunal folks.

HKnux5112

12-29-2011

I say things to piss you people off. Makes my day to get down-voted.