Something with Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsychoKuroiPower

10-18-2011

Hi everyone wasup?? I've got a question with Nasus: is htere a way to play him mor DPS instead of tanky or it doesn't worth it?? I kind of like Nasus but I'm not a tanky person. But who knwos mybe there is a way of makng him Tanky-DPS.

And one more thing, I read, don't remember where though, that you can charge Riot Points with SMS. Is that true. And if it is how do I do it and Can I do it from any country??

Thanks a lot people, as always.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2011

Nasus IS tankydps.

Trinity force + Aegis + frozen heart + FoN + ...

If you want more dps, you last hit more with Q.

Rrbhaunoch

10-18-2011

Nasus is mostly played as tanky DPS. I usually start with Philo Stone, HoG, boots(either boots 3 or ninja tabi depending on opponents), sheen, Aegis, chainmail and/or negatron depending on who is carrying for opponents, finish trinity. A lot of people finish trinity earlier and do not get the gold/5 items. Do a google search for Hyfe's guide to Nasus, it has been the go to Nasus guide for ages

Yo0Baxterhimself

10-18-2011

I usually start with philo stone then boots usually mercs then get sheen....then I go mainly tank bc you don't need to run damage items bc if you know how to farm good with your Q and sheen is enough damage you'll need until you build staple tank items like frozen heart FoN maybe warmogs

TakinTheHeat

10-18-2011

You can do any generic dps build on any champion you want.

However, because nasus's ult does damage per second and the longer you are dealing damage the more damage you get(up to 300 bonus Ad from you ult as WELL as the % hp damage.) you need to be tanky.

GoodShepperd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2011

My dream build:

Merc Tread's
Trinity Force
Infinity Edge
Warmog's
Atma's
Ghostblade

you will literally one shot people late fame and I have really defensive runes and masteries to make up for the lack of tank items. I run this all the time, It works really well for me right now

It's Hella expensive tho

MeditationError

10-18-2011

Nasus doesn't have any way to close on a target and is a melee champion, so if you're doing well and become a major threat, you can expect to wear the entire enemy team's damage and CC as you walk up to your target, which is huge amount of pain.

It doesn't matter how much damage you could theoretically do if you're dead before you get in range to actually hit someone, so you're pretty much forced to build survivability on him, and you generally end up with a tanky dps build because he's not disruptive enough to be a true tank.

Nasus generally wants a tri-force, because the sheen procs make feeding his Q so easy, and the standard tank dps followup is either warmogs or frozen mallet + atma's.

Some people build him with aura's so he's more useful during the midgame and some people just keep building tank on him, because his Q just keeps getting stronger and guarantees him decent damage scaling into the endgame.

Either way, the key thing to understand about Nasus is that he's a late-game focused character. He rewards spending a serious amount of time farming his Q, and he just keeps getting stronger the longer the game goes.

Also, Hyfe's written an amazing Nasus guide that will answer a whole bunch of questions you didn't even realize you should ask - http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...ve-nasus.xhtml

General Sassycat

10-18-2011

I start with regrowth and a health pot. Sometimes a build chalice in there 2 because it means you can farm your q and not worry about being too oom to use w when someone tower dives you, if they do at all. Depending on how im going or how early i think the lane stage will end i will get an aegis and a sheen in whatever order is necessarry. Aura items are amazing on nasus, and aegis is well budgeted and makes you really tanky early on. After those two ill usually build whatever boots are needed for the enemy team comp, Triforce, atmogs and another defencive item, something like frozen heart, guardian angel, sunfire cape, banshees veil, anything that will counter the enemy team comp.

Basically with Nasus, its all about building items that help out your team and/or counter the enemy team. Unlike, say, a caster, who gets all there dmg out in one burst, Nasus puts out his full dmg over the course of his ult, usually. You need to be that thing that hits like a brick ****house at the same time as being built like a tank.

Encrypter

11-24-2011

Guys... you make it seem so hard. use your runes to make him tank... marks get armor pen. harass with spit fire. my build every game past 25 min

Chalise of Harmony
boots of speed (i sell these after i run out of room)
trinity force
Phantom dancer
Infenity edge
Phantom dancer
then sell boots and get Blood thirster or another PD

It works. cause his q is amazing harass is easy with his e keeps him in lane. he can 1 shot annie, vayne, leblanc (if you can catch her)
he does great cause he has life steal as a passive, and crits with his Q
i always do so good with this build and can take 4 people with half health. and tornmail hurts but your ult and MR should make up for it.

Dakkas

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encrypter View Post
Guys... you make it seem so hard. use your runes to make him tank... marks get armor pen. harass with spit fire. my build every game past 25 min

Chalise of Harmony
boots of speed (i sell these after i run out of room)
trinity force
Phantom dancer
Infenity edge
Phantom dancer
then sell boots and get Blood thirster or another PD

It works. cause his q is amazing harass is easy with his e keeps him in lane. he can 1 shot annie, vayne, leblanc (if you can catch her)
he does great cause he has life steal as a passive, and crits with his Q
i always do so good with this build and can take 4 people with half health. and tornmail hurts but your ult and MR should make up for it.
This is delicious