LF High ELO Singed Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Big Humps

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2010

Could some mid/high ELO players post their builds for Singed as the ones on the forums are from 2009 (at least the ones in the Guides thread) and Leaguecraft's server is veeeeeeery slow; if working at all.

My current build is:

Rod of Ages
Boots of Swiftness
Banshee's Veil
Rylai's Sceptre
Force of Nature
Spirit Visage

Thoughts / comments please.

Thanks.

Sykomyke

07-14-2010

Play singed yourself and learn how to play him? You think reading some "High Elo's singed guide" is going to make you better? Reading doesn't make you better, practicing makes you better.

NefariousRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykomyke View Post
Play singed yourself and learn how to play him? You think reading some "High Elo's singed guide" is going to make you better? Reading doesn't make you better, practicing makes you better.
Eh, not entirely true, reading can make you a little better :P

Well, that's what the Kama Sutra tries to prove at least....

Mystfyre

07-14-2010

That is a solid build, although its a bit heavy on the MR side, which is just fine if that is the kind of team you're playing. As a tank and an able farmer, you probably shouldn't use the exact same build every game - if the opposing team is highly based on physical dps, substituting a thornmail or frozen heart for the banshee's veil or spirit visage may be in order, for example. But thats me just nitpicking about flexibility.

Aside from that, most guides from 2009 have aged well, as I think Singed hasn't changed much despite the new items. Chances are you pretty much know what you need to do by now, and a newer guide won't be all that helpful.

Incendax

07-14-2010

Reading helps you make leaps of logic it might take you a while to make on your own. It also stops you from making leaps of logic you might make on your own. Only you know how worthwhile a given guide is going to be. Still, it's always better to have the option of reading a guide than to never have the option of reading a guide.

Big Humps

07-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykomyke View Post
Was looking for an item build and/or an opinion on my item build. Not how to play him.

LMAOcopter

07-14-2010

Spirit Visage isn't good to get that late, esp since it doesn't build into anything. Here's how my singed games go:

RoA + Boots then

If heavy AD team -> Ninja tabi, sunfire, thornmail, GA (no order implied). With this build, you can tower dive, I've dove past two towers and picked up a kill right next to their nexus with insanity potion, but I wouldn't recomment it. Be careful of magic dmg in team fights... try to fling the AP carry.

If heavy AP team -> Usually Merc treads (get QS if they have a lot of stuns) FoN (I like the regen and speed, but with ignite being more popular, might switch to BV first), BV, Rylai or GA. With this build, I can toss goo, run into the enemy team, and toss one of their squishies to my team. Depending on health at that point, I either kite around the perimeter tossing goo or head back in with poison.

If dominating kills -> swiftness, Abyssal, Rylai's, FoN (I really like the extra speed)

I used to run Cleanse Ghost, but since they nerfed cleanse with respect to ignite, I've been trying heal... not really liking the results yet.

Big Humps

07-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMAOcopter View Post
I used to run Cleanse Ghost, but since they nerfed cleanse with respect to ignite, I've been trying heal... not really liking the results yet.
What I've been using since Cleanse got nerfed is Ghost + Ignite. The poison and Ignite go REALLY well together early mid AND late game as finishers. Especially early game you could probably get a first blood easily by:

Ghosting from river > Poison > Ignite

Thoughts?

Sykomyke

07-14-2010

I always build into a Rod of Ages ASAP. If you don't build the rod by the 15-20 minute mark it's not really worth building.

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

07-14-2010

@OP is this for 5v5 or 3v3 because I play them very differently.
edit: nvm saw "ghost from river".
Catalyst
bootz 1
RoA
Bootz3
If you're poor/cant farm -> Haunting Guise
If you're farming like mad -> Mog's
Rylai's
=Win

Personally I dont see me changing from Cleanse. Singe's biggest weakness is getting stun'd/slowed and damage output isnt really his specialty, survival is.
IMO at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by NefariousRaven View Post
Well, that's what the Kama Sutra tries to prove at least....
You are indeed a wise man.