[Guide]Xin Zhao - How I play him.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pathen

07-14-2010

DPS Xin breaks down in Mid/high ELO about as quickly as Garen, though. His Ult and charge slow are going to make people want to focus him once people develop a healthy fear of him. If you don't mix in some survivability you're going to get nuked by organized teams.

I'm still personally favoring the Tank Xin. He's got 2 forms of CC and an ult that scales independent of AP or AD.

He's going to be another nice Tank/OffTank Switch the way Mordekeiser is. Build tank items on him until you hit level 14 or so (his ability scaling will give you enough DPS to stay on par), and after 14 swap over to attack speed items to keep your DPS ramping up, unless people are focusing you.

obsidiankatana

07-14-2010

Agree with the above. My build usually consists of Dorans + HP pot -> Merc treads -> Wriggles -> Phage -> Mallet -> Madreds -> **Optional**

I'm in the habit of tossing a Banshee's in the sixth for late game focus hits, but it's fairly simple later in the game to charge, ult, Three-Talon, Battle Cry. Burst is nice, ult gives you more survivability, someone's up in the air and everything's recharging. Flash is my panic button if I get focused.

Ghostilocks

07-14-2010

I personally have found going for last whisper first very effective, with the active increase in attack speed and movement speed fantastic, and I don't know why you're getting rageblade at all, the AP only affects his e and he should have plenty of attack speed between a last whisper active and starks or whatever AS item you're getting.

Crs Stvicious

Recruiter

07-14-2010

Guinsoos rage blade.... he has 0 ap scaling

and why get his w over his q lvl 1 fights happen often and that stun is going get you the kill not the attack speed.

Elixer of agility 5 health potions start at golem camp with ghost and smite for summoner skills

Rank Q first and pot the second you take damage from the golem. Clear all camps up to red lizard then gank top lane.

Build dorans blade>madreds>banshees veil or frozen mallet pending team comp>last whisper game should never last past this point.

Always open every fight with crescent blade if it is up as your first move.

PatrickStar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2010

Why are people suggesting AS when his Battle Cry is enough?

Atalvez

07-14-2010

horrible build im sorry but attack speed is a common yet mediocre build for him

Khornes Avatar

05-05-2011

So this is how i play him I have varying success but for the most part I do really great with him.

Items (in order throughout game)
-Berserker Boots
-Stinger
-Black Cleaver
-Stark's Fervor
-Blood Thirster
-Infinity Edge

Why these items?
Most people I see like to build a Phantoms Dancer right after the berserker boots. But I, being the thrifty person I am...go straight for the Stinger instead. It's 40% attack speed for less than half the price of a PD. It also allows me to save up for a Cleaver which has an armor decreasing debuff, more attack speed, and good AD. After the cleaver..I go with a starks for more Attack Speed and some Life steal..it really improves survivability by a lot! It also compliments the Blood Thirster that i buy next. BT does good but on its own it really depends on getting some kills in for the extra lifesteal...combined with a Starks it greatly increases your survivability. Finally..if the game lasts long enough I get an infinity edge...Its pretty much God Mode for xin. If you feel like it..you could later switch out the Stinger with a Phantom Dancer, or maybe even a Guinsoo's Rageblade.

What is my skilling sequence?
1. Q Three Talon Strike
2. E Audacious Charge
3. Q
4. W Battlecry
5. Q
6. R Crescent Sweep
< Pretty much after this you want to Prioritize R>Q>E>W

Q- Does three strikes, the third upon which knocks your enemy into the air
W- Increases your attack speed passively, doubles that increase when active
E- Pretty much jumps to your target...kind of like Jax does
R- Takes away 20% of enemy hp in a circular sweep around Xin

Combo- Start w/ W buff, Move in with E jump, hit Q, and then R (ult) if it is up...some people like to ult before they use Q..but it may result in your target getting away. Your target can't run if they are 20 feet in the air. =)

Summoner Abilities
I usually go with Exhaust and Ignite
Exhaust is usually good for chasing..no need to say much there, Ignite is what gets you fed...maybe not in ranked matches but its good to have. I have gotten many first bloods with a competent lane mate and my q ability + summoner abilities

Masteries
21/0/9
Improved Exhaust is a must

Runes
Red- Armor Pen
Yellow- Attack Speed
Blue- CD reduction
Quints- Armor Pen, Attack Speed, whatever floats your boat

Summary
Xin is a beast. You may see a lot of expensive items in my build but once you get the hang of xin ganking isnt even a problem...gold should be coming in like crazy. He is after all a carry. Just remember...no one is perfect and even some of the best players have bad games...so if you lose...pick yourself out of the dust and give xin another try. =)

If you are playing against stealthers...like Twitch or Eve..i would suggest an oracle pot after you get your cleaver..or even after your starks depending on your chances of getting ganked.

I hope you guys like my build >.<

Glorious Bird

05-05-2011

1. He doesn't need mana regen at all. Get armor seals.
2. His W lowers his CDs per hit - and he hits fast. Replace CDR with MR.

Desert Bandit

05-05-2011

I am not a pro, but I like getting Doran's shield> Boots> HoG>berserker greaves for opening up. I agree Panthen and even at my level (currently 28) people love to focus me. Randuin's is fantastic for killing AD carries, and HoG makes Xin very beefy mid game. I personally level up charge to level three, and then leave it at that until the end of the game. 30% slow is nice for others to catch up if your ganking, and they can't run out of your range (without flash) before popping them up either.

If the team is AP heavy, I tend to get a hp regrowth pendant and an hp pot>boots+negatron or (hp pendant if doing poorly)>zerker>FoN. This should be done fairly early if you are fairly decent at farming and can get a kill or two. My personal issue is that I usually end up being focused even after the tank initiates, if only to keep me from cleaning up the carries quickly.

Dakkas

05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khornes Avatar View Post
So this is how i play him I have varying success but for the most part I do really great with him.

Items (in order throughout game)
-Berserker Boots
-Stinger
-Black Cleaver
-Stark's Fervor
-Blood Thirster
-Infinity Edge

Why these items?
Most people I see like to build a Phantoms Dancer right after the berserker boots. But I, being the thrifty person I am...go straight for the Stinger instead. It's 40% attack speed for less than half the price of a PD. It also allows me to save up for a Cleaver which has an armor decreasing debuff, more attack speed, and good AD. After the cleaver..I go with a starks for more Attack Speed and some Life steal..it really improves survivability by a lot! It also compliments the Blood Thirster that i buy next. BT does good but on its own it really depends on getting some kills in for the extra lifesteal...combined with a Starks it greatly increases your survivability. Finally..if the game lasts long enough I get an infinity edge...Its pretty much God Mode for xin. If you feel like it..you could later switch out the Stinger with a Phantom Dancer, or maybe even a Guinsoo's Rageblade.

What is my skilling sequence?
1. Q Three Talon Strike
2. E Audacious Charge
3. Q
4. W Battlecry
5. Q
6. R Crescent Sweep
< Pretty much after this you want to Prioritize R>Q>E>W

Q- Does three strikes, the third upon which knocks your enemy into the air
W- Increases your attack speed passively, doubles that increase when active
E- Pretty much jumps to your target...kind of like Jax does
R- Takes away 20% of enemy hp in a circular sweep around Xin

Combo- Start w/ W buff, Move in with E jump, hit Q, and then R (ult) if it is up...some people like to ult before they use Q..but it may result in your target getting away. Your target can't run if they are 20 feet in the air. =)

Summoner Abilities
I usually go with Exhaust and Ignite
Exhaust is usually good for chasing..no need to say much there, Ignite is what gets you fed...maybe not in ranked matches but its good to have. I have gotten many first bloods with a competent lane mate and my q ability + summoner abilities

Masteries
21/0/9
Improved Exhaust is a must

Runes
Red- Armor Pen
Yellow- Attack Speed
Blue- CD reduction
Quints- Armor Pen, Attack Speed, whatever floats your boat

Summary
Xin is a beast. You may see a lot of expensive items in my build but once you get the hang of xin ganking isnt even a problem...gold should be coming in like crazy. He is after all a carry. Just remember...no one is perfect and even some of the best players have bad games...so if you lose...pick yourself out of the dust and give xin another try. =)

If you are playing against stealthers...like Twitch or Eve..i would suggest an oracle pot after you get your cleaver..or even after your starks depending on your chances of getting ganked.

I hope you guys like my build >.<
I'll be blunt, your build is pretty bad