Aegis of the Legion #'s

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IdkiPickedaName

12-26-2011

I like Aegis and was wondering what the #'s behind the item were, so I compared buying Aegis to buying Neg. Cloak + Chain Vest (wondering if the later would be more efficient).
-----------------------------------------------______________----------------------------------------------------------
Cloth + Neg. Cloak
700g
18 armor, 24 mr
+
Ruby Crystal
475g
180 hp
=
Aegis of the Legion
1925g
30 armor, 270 hp, 39 mr

^^^^^^^^^^^ As lvl 18 Udyr Aegis gives 1,313 effective hp ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-----------------------------------------------______________----------------------------------------------------------

Chain Vest
700g
45 armr
+
Neg Cloak
740g
48 mr
=
Pure Res.
1440g
45 armor/48 mr

^^^^^^^^^^^ As lvl 18 Udyr gives 1,027 effective hp ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aegis vs Pure Res.
1925g 1440g = 485g <-- Res is 485g less allowing for a Ruby Crystal perhaps.

^^^^ As lvl 18 Udyr Pure Res + Ruby Crystal gives 1,416 effective hp^^^^

-----------------------------------------------_______________---------------------------------------------------------

Aegis of the Legion includes a buff for your allies and minions also

Aura cost
1925g-1175g = 750g

Aura
12 armor, 15 mr, 8 ad
^self^
12 armor, 15 mr, 8 ad
^Team/minions^

*Don't know how to calculate actual price efficiency on the aura -_-*

-----------------------------------------------_______________---------------------------------------------------------

While I believe Aegis's aura is definitely worth the purchase, building items from "Pure Res. + Ruby Crystal" is by far more cost efficient. Turning your Chain Vest into Wardens Mail, your Neg. Cloak into a QSS, and your Ruby Crystal into a Heart of gold gives you *1727 effective hp*. Building WM and HoG allow you to build up for the entire game as they are both components to Randuin's Omen.
^^^ Randuin's gives 1,553 effective hp alone^^^

All in all Aegis is a good item w/a good aura that shouldn't be over looked by supports and struggling players looking to beef up in all areas early/mid game.

--Thanks for reading, and I hope the info was helpful
--All effective hp #'s were pulled while using www.leaguecraft.com/builder/Udyr
--Also if anyone know how to put items side by side in posts please let me know (spaces don't create an indent like I'd wished they would)

SlamDunkMyJunk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2011

potato

RagingStormX

12-26-2011

That's why i usually grab it as a support for the team so they can build more solid.

Not LiteKerosene

12-26-2011

Best item in the game by far, I get it on pretty much anybody if nobody else is getting it, unless im a carry.

Kvoth3

12-26-2011

I wouldn't say pure res is more cost efficient BY FAR, but a by a small amount. Plus, chainvest and negatron cloak can turn into better items late in the game, while Aegis is stuck as aegis. Oh, and, I'm not sure it gives 8 damage to minions anymore, I know it didn't last I had one.

trancepticom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2011

Yep your math is right, the pure resistance items are slightly more cost efficient, but aegis purchasers often buy it because it's a great all around health item, and gives a very helpful aura for their teammates.

If you would like an item with more resistance, Guardian Angel is a great pick. It's passive is incredibly useful as well as often being a threat deterrent in some situations, but unfortunately this doesn't help your team the same way that an Aegis will. For example, who's going to bother hitting Anivia when she has 2 second lives?