Earth Citizen in Valoran

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anrel

12-27-2011

So this was inspired mainly by Belthazor3457's Champions on Earth thread located here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=765848

and later Jaykoboy's Champion's in Real Life thread located here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1579593

I'm hoping it holds some of the similarities that appear in both of these, but I decided to change the mock up and make it so me (Anrel) was actually living in Valoran. It will contain similar themes, humour (I hope), love and apperances from other champions, although these will probably come at a slower rate. Much like the two other threads, certain things will be based off actual events, while others will be done just for the lols, also the deduction thing has been very much inspired by Sherlock Holmes xD. (This is out of my usual writing style by a long way, so I apologise if it is bad, but I'm trying to get myself writing again and this is a small step towards that ) Anyway, enjoy!

-----

<A time has come where some Earth citizens have been given the honour of becoming responsible for some Valorans while they visit. However the summoners at the league have now decided they are allowing citizens from Earth to visit Valoran in a similar exchange. However this means they have ďemployedĒ some of their champions to become responsible for these Earth citizens. This is one such case, where Anrel from earth has been sent to Valoran to learn about the different societies and cultures.>

<Anrel currently sleeps, tucked up nice and warm in a double bed by himself. Sunlight begins to glow through the closed curtains of his Piltover rented room>

Anrel: <Yawns and rubs face. He looks at the empty space next to him, but quickly turns his attention to the sounds of boots coming up the stairs>

Anrel: What the...

<SMASH. The door is forced open when the boots reach it. Stood in the doorway is none other than the Sheriff of Piltover, Caitlyn, weapon shouldered and aimed at Anrel>

Caitlyn: Stay where you are... <She begins reaching for a pair of handcuffs easily holding the weight of the gun with her one arm>

<Anrel glances towards the window>

Caitlyn: <Smirks> I love a good chase.

<Anrel dives towards the window, but feints and grabs a pillow off the bed throwing it at her face. She fires hitting the pillow causing feathers to explode everywhere>

Anrel: Youíll never take me alive!

<Anrel pushes her to the ground using the confusion of the feathers and runs past her heading towards the stairs>

Caitlyn: Hah!

<Caitlyn springs to her feet and pulls the trigger. The shot flies through the air hitting the banister, right where Anrelís hand was reaching. Anrel halts on the spot>

Caitlyn: I told you not to move. Now come back here.

<Anrel walks over with a smirk on his face>

Anrel: You owe me a new pillow.

Caitlyn: <Smirking> Get in there.

<She gestures for Anrelís room with her head>

<Later that morning Ė Caitlyn rests her head upon Anrel, who gently snoozes>

Caitlyn: Come on lazy bones. Get up.

Anrel: Uh.. wha...Yeah ok. Iím up. Iím guessing we have to finish planning that capture, right?

Caitlyn: That and you have to make me breakfast.

Anrel: Toast and tea?

Caitlyn: Pot of-

Anrel: Jam, I know. <Smiles>

<Caitlyn nods and rolls over allowing Anrel to get up and head to the kitchen>

<5 minutes later Anrel returns with a tray of tea, toast and jam and places it on the bed>

Anrel: <Scoffs a piece of toast> Not that I donít appreciate your visits, but every time it gets somewhat more destructive.

Caitlyn: <Sips her tea> Canít say I have noticed...

Anrel: Thatís odd, you usually donít miss a thing. You do realize I no longer have a lamp in here right?

Caitlyn: <Ignores the comment and continues to sip her tea>

Anrel: <Drinks his tea> Iím still not used to this Piltover tea. Not as good as the tea back home.

Caitlyn: <Laughs> I beg to differ, Iíve tried your tea, itís... ok. You always used to go on about how great English tea was.

Anrel: It is great!

Caitlyn: <Smiles at him> Well youíll have to stop your complaining and get used to Piltover tea. Since the league has suspended all interdimension summoning for a brief period.

Anrel: Donít remind me... Worst news of yesterday.

Caitlyn: Is being stuck with me that bad?

Anrel: Yeah...

<Caitlyn slaps Anrel around the head playfully. Anrel grins back at her.>

Caitlyn: Do you remember our first meeting?

Anrel: Yeah. Sure do.

------

<Ah yes... some first meetings are truly too beautiful to be lost with time>

<Cue flashback of Anrel falling out of a bright white light, into a league summoning chamber, and he begins to vomit profusely >

<Others not so much>

Anrel: Unpleasant...

Caitlyn: Quite.

<Anrel looks up to see Caitlyn looking down upon him, apparently unaffected by his vomiting. He stands up and brushes himself off>

Anrel: Is it always going to be that rough?

Caitlyn: You will get used to it... eventually. So youíre Anrel from Earth correct?

Anrel: Correct. And you... are?

<Caitlyn face drops in disbelief>

Caitlyn: You honestly do not know who I am?

Anrel: Of course I know, you must be Caitlyn. Youíre the only one whoís pretty enough to get away with wearing a hat like that.

Caitlyn: <Smirks> Hmm, with those charming words and accent, I would say you were from Piltover. Youíre quite different from the usual ones that come through... shorter too.

Anrel: Yeah, well the United Kingdom has finally decided to get involved with this, so youíll probably be seeing a few more of us.

Caitlyn: A united kingdom of what?

Anrel: Uh... People?

Caitlyn: So you have a united kingdom... called THE United Kingdom?

Anrel: Yeah pretty much... Weíre British so itís allowed, for Queen and Country and all that.

Caitlyn: <Looks confused> So your Queen is the Queen of this united kingdom?

Anrel: Well technically she is the Queen of England.

Caitlyn: And where is England?

Anrel: In the United Kingdom.

Caitlyn: ... Right. So, I have been given the... Iím the one who is going to be showing you around Valoran.

Anrel: The word you were looking for was privilege. Youíve been given the privilege of showing me around. <Grins and Winks>

Caitlyn: <Sighs. Closes her eyes> This wasnít through my choice. I am the one who is best matched for you... apparently. Itís not like I have better things to do.

Anrel: Itís ok. My choice would have been Akali. <Stretches>

Caitlyn: <Flashes a glare before walking out of the summoning chamber>

-----

<Back in the present where the tray is now empty apart from a mostly empty pot of jam>

Anrel: Why do you ask Cait?

Caitlyn: That was exactly one year ago.

Anrel: <Faking surprise> Really?! I had no idea.

Caitlyn: <Turns to face him. Eyebrow raised> Youíre not a very good actor. Donít worry I didnít expect you to get me anything.

Anrel: Well I guess I should take this nicely wrapped gift back then. <Pulls out a wrapped box from his bedside cabinet>

Caitlyn: <Slightly surprised> You actually got me something?

Anrel: Of course. It was very difficult to actually obtain. Was easier getting it to Valoran than it was into England. Now do that thing you do.

Caitlyn: But we just-

Anrel: Not that! Figure out what it is. <Grins>

Caitlyn: Ok, hand that over. Letís see.

<Anrel hands her the present, Caitlyn sits up and starts checking over every detail>

Caitlyn: Judging by the rough wrapping, it was done in a rush, meaning either you wrapped it while I was around, or you wrapped it recently because you only just remembered we met a year ago?

Anrel: <Laughs> Both are correct actually! Keep going.

Caitlyn: No surprise there. Since you have admitted to it being wrapped recently, I can deduce that the possibility of it being purchased close by is quite high.

Anrel: Ahah! That is where-

Caitlyn: Iím not done! I was going to say however since I do not recognise this wrapping paper from anywhere near or in Piltover, it must have come from somewhere else... Therefore the bad wrapping is a ruse.

Anrel: Clever. I canít fool you obviously.

<Presses her tongue against the paper>

Caitlyn: Also the material is different; the paper is not even from Valoran it seems. Which probably means the present itself isnít either.

Anrel: Youíre doing good. Keep going.

Caitlyn: Now the box, which it clearly is. The weight of it is presented more in the centre. So whatever is inside is made of metal or other heavy substance. My guess from the rest of the weight positioning that the object is a bent L shape.

Anrel: Mhmm... Interesting.

Caitlyn: Iím going to deduce itís an Earth constructed pistol.

Anrel: Well, letís see if you are right. Open it.

<Caitlyn begins tearing at the paper, revealing a box with an image of a pistol on the front.>

Anrel: Thatís the Colt 1911. My favourite pistol.

Caitlyn: <Looks intrigued> I see. 1911? It was made then? I thought you said the year on earth was 2011? So this an ancient relic? <Looks even more intrigued>

Anrel: Not exactly, no. It was first produced in America in 1911, and lasted as their primarily sidearm until the early 90s I think it was. So it saw 80 years of service.

Caitlyn: Interesting. I hate to break it to you though. I already have a gun.

Anrel: <Rolls eyes.> Iím aware of that. But everyone needs a side arm, just in case.

Caitlyn: I think you underestimate the Sheriff of Piltover!

Anrel: Your overconfidence is your weakness. <Grins>

Caitlyn: Oh! <Pauses for a moment> Your... faith in your friends is yours!

Anrel: <Laughs> Itís surprising how you remembered that.

Caitlyn: Iím pretty quick. Earth humour is quite easy to grasp. Just remembering certain lines at certain points.

Anrel: Thatís not really Earth humour. More of quoting well known things when it seems fun. Plus I think thatís probably just me and my old friends being weird.

<Loading sound. Anrel looks shocked as Caitlyn has managed to rip open the box and load the pistol>

Anrel: You figured that out quick.

Caitlyn: Seemed pretty straight forward.

Anrel: So...

Caitlyn: So what? <Turning to Anrel, pointing the gun at him> Oh. That was a ďWhat have you got me ĎsoíĒ right?

Anrel: My answer depends on whether youíre pistol is still aimed at me or not.

Caitlyn: <Lowers pistol> Well it just so happens, I did get you something.

<Pulls out a smallish box, smaller than her hand, but fairly thin>

Caitlyn: Now itís your turn. <Smirks>

Anrel: <Takes present carefully and begins to examine> Ok, well the first thing I notice is the weight. It is clearly metal or something similar, but the wrapping isnít cold. Which either means it isnít metal, or the metal is in a box.

Caitlyn: <Checks over her new pistol> Good deduction. Continue.

Anrel: A slight amount of pressure will indicate this. <Anrel lightly squeezes the gift> Yes. Whatever is inside is indeed inside a box, although I would liken it to a jewellery box like we have on earth.

Caitlyn: Iím not sure I should consider that cheating or not. I suppose youíre not as experienced as me. So Iíll allow it for now.

<Anrel pokes tongue out at her. She turns to face him with a stern look, and he immediately presses his tongue against the box. She nods and turns back to her pistol>

Anrel: Definitely from Valoran. One thing I must point out is that it is beautifully wrapped.

Caitlyn: Thank you.

Anrel: However, you are a self confessed awful wrapper! Which leads me to believe to you did not wrap it yourself.

Caitlyn: How very shrewd. That is one point for you.

Anrel: Which means wherever you got this from, also wraps gifts. I know of several places in Piltover that would do this, but only one of them a jeweller.

Caitlyn: Still assuming itís jewellery I see?

Anrel: Yes I believe it is, and your tricks wonít work on me! The box would indicate necklace or bracelet sized jewellery. Or...

Caitlyn: Yes?

Anrel: A watch! A watch from Piltover!

Caitlyn: Is that your guess?

Anrel: This is no guess! This is logic!

<Anrel rips open the present revealing a box similar to how he described. He gives a smug look towards Caitlyn who smirks back at him. He opens the box revealing a golden badge, with the words ĎPiltover Officialí written across the top and the insignia of Piltover in the centre>

Caitlyn: Clearly you have a lot to learn. Maybe I should take it back? <Still smirking>

Anrel: What is it? I donít understand.

Caitlyn: Well from what I understand from your Earth talks of that place the ďWild WestĒ every sheriff needs a deputy.

<Anrel looks up at her and she smiles at him>

Anrel: <Smiles back> Thanks Caitlyn. This is a terrific gift.

Caitlyn: No problem. If Iím honest this is my first gift to someone outside my family. Was a bit of a struggle.

Anrel: I suppose itís only another 4 months until a year since something else happened... <Grins>

Caitlyn: Luckily I already have my gift picked out for that. <Smirks>

Anrel: Oh yeah?

Caitlyn: Letís just say... I have the tools for the job.

Anrel: Iím not sure whether to be intrigued or scared...

Caitlyn: Guess you will have to wait to find out. Anyway. Now that we have resolved that, itís time to continue with the case.

Anrel: Agreed.

-----

End of Part 1.

More to come, hopefully

Cpt Shiba

12-28-2011

I certainly did enjoy this. +1 for you

Magister Gir

12-28-2011

I'm.... a bit dissapointed. When I came to this thread I was expecting something.....a bit different and something happening currently like the summoner just arriving and not already being in a relationship with a popular champion. If you wish to write stories like these you should come up with a different title than "Earth citizen in Valoran" because my first thought is going to be a citizen comes to Valoran through a summoning portal and is scared not sure what is happening, or a gamer summoned to Valoran something like that. It was a nice twist with the whole earth and Valoran connection though I will say that but you skipped a whole year where we only get the first visit of the two, you and Caitlyn, which hardly states anything.

I won't say your story is terribly bad but will say.... it could of been a lot better if it was thought out more

*Edit* nice touch with the Sherlock Holmes reference though that was very clever of you.

Zabii

12-28-2011

A champ... with a relationship with the author of a story?...

You just lost a reader...

Jaykoboy

12-29-2011

Hey, at least you haven't been hit with downvote bombers!

/upvote

Honestly, I support you. I want to see at least one of these threads go through. You saw mine, right? Yeah...closed down. I've only had one good piece of fanfic. But, ah well.

I'm looking forwards to the next chapter!

-Jaykoboy-

Anrel

12-29-2011

In all honesty this was just a bit of fun, not serious in any form of, I really like Belth's and Jayko's version of things like these and got tempted to do my own Like I said, way out of my normal writing style, I'm actually surprised it's a 50/50 like/dislike at the moment! Either way, Chapter 2 will be somewhat a distance away as I focus on trying to get back on my other LoL fanfics that need to be rebirthed since I haven't updated them in quite a while. Thanks for the support Jayko + Cpt Shiba, and I did notice yours was closed down. Shame really. : /

Magister Gir

12-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anrel View Post
In all honesty this was just a bit of fun, not serious in any form of, I really like Belth's and Jayko's version of things like these and got tempted to do my own Like I said, way out of my normal writing style, I'm actually surprised it's a 50/50 like/dislike at the moment! Either way, Chapter 2 will be somewhat a distance away as I focus on trying to get back on my other LoL fanfics that need to be rebirthed since I haven't updated them in quite a while. Thanks for the support Jayko + Cpt Shiba, and I did notice yours was closed down. Shame really. : /
not really a shame in my honest opinion especially when he basically blew me and other authors off who were here to help him. I do like the concept like I stated before but I hate the fact that people will put themselves in the story and make themselves either a powerful summoner who does what ever they feel like anytime or in a relationship with a champion right off the bat. Both of those show poor writing and planned out skills in my opinion. Even if it's for fun you should at least try and make it..... not so...... eh gonna use an RP term here, Mary Joe like.

Anrel

12-30-2011

Yes I did read the... "conversation" afterwards, I prefer to stay out of things like that if I'm honest, but I always try and respond to criticism, its just in this case, this is not my normal writing style, nor is it a style I will be continuing any time soon, so I'm hoping people don't judge me based on this fic anyway

I've seen your name pop up quite a few times now Magister, are you just a reader? Or also a writer? Any links to your stuff if so?

Magister Gir

12-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anrel View Post
Yes I did read the... "conversation" afterwards, I prefer to stay out of things like that if I'm honest, but I always try and respond to criticism, its just in this case, this is not my normal writing style, nor is it a style I will be continuing any time soon, so I'm hoping people don't judge me based on this fic anyway

I've seen your name pop up quite a few times now Magister, are you just a reader? Or also a writer? Any links to your stuff if so?
mostly reader but I do have a story I'm writing right now, no it's not LoL related or anything like that. My story is based around RP and it's rather sad one at that as well.

belthazor3457

12-30-2011

Slight correction - the M1911's entered it's 100th year of service to the United States. Our military doesn't use it as the standard service weapon, but several police departments and branches of our government still use it as a standard, and certain members of the military still retain the M1911.

Though the military replaced the standard with a pistol that could well do with being replaced again... (I have a bit of a bias against the M9, but that's a different subject entirely).