How come no one plays Swain?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrMundungu

01-07-2012

There is not a single champion that goes entirely unplayed.
You're welcome.

Queen Sejuani

01-07-2012

Because he is hard as hell to play. Is ridiculously farm dependant (while also getting outplayed easily by other AP carries) has bad ratios, is incredibly mana hungry, and once he gets ignited or Executioners call'd he is done for.

Illusionism

01-09-2012

He's just a difficult champ to play, Like Urgot who is never used But I use them both O: .

InflectiousGroov

01-11-2012

Swain is awesome .. I went 29/7/19 with him last week in a 5v5 solo queue game.

I like to go mid and build for sustain early on .... mana can be an issue but his passive takes care of that most of the time if you concentrate on getting last hit and your mana pool will replenish itself ... be selective about when to use your combos.

here's how I generally build him:
* Doran's Shield (not a standard for an AP champ but the + health, armor and regen make great sustain)
* Boots
* Hextech Revolver -> Will of the Ancients (spell vamp isnt huge on DoT spells but his ult deals damage on hit so in addition to the heal of the ult you also get spell vamp ... great for times when you have 2 or 3 enemy trying to chase you down and you just keep sucking their life)
* Sorc Shoes
* RoA or Rylai's (depending on how the game is progressing I'll choose one or the other first .... prefer Rylai's to give me the slow on spells but if I'm taking dmg then I'll go RoA first)
* Rabadon's

After that you can pick what you want ... your team will prob be dominating anyway and you can tank alot of dmg in team fights if you get in the middle with your ult and Nevermove.

Levelling I go E, W, E, Q, E, R then max E by lvl 9, R when available then W then Q.

Summoner spells: Ignite, Flash

Combo: W, E, Q, Ignite and run beside them with your ult on ...... early game I harrass with W, E, Q and it generally gets 30-40% of their hp each time ... adding Ignite after E increases its effectiveness too.

Moist Coitus

01-11-2012

swain is popular