Tips for Trundle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necrohaul

12-27-2011

Does anyone have any tips on how to play Trundle. Ive searched up guides on Solomid and they were useful but would anyone recommend laning with Trundle or is he best for jungling? I usually play 3s a lot as well though Im assuming more people play 5s with Trundle. But if anyone does strangely like to play 3s as much as me I'd love some input on that too. Thanks once again everyone

Queen Sejuani

12-27-2011

I don't really play ranked 3s so I don't know... do they use junglers in 3s?

As for 5v5s, he is better for jungling, but there is times where he goes top, for certain picks (he does well against Yorick I heard, for example)

But in most generic cases, he is alot better in the jungle.

Intsikandy

12-27-2011

Junglers in 3s usually make up their own paths, and they need good 2v1 champs like Galio, Maokai, Cho Gath, anyone like that. It's a lot more dynamic than in Summoner's rift, but Trundle is also a very good and scary top laner, but he's a bit more mana intensive in top lane, but has good HP sustain. He's a very good anti-bruiser considering his debuffs. Trundle is also realy versatile depending how he's built, he can build things like triforce atmogs to be a bruiser debuff tank, or he can build things like shurelia, randuin, and aegis of the legion to be an aura/debuff tank.

1davidj

12-27-2011

I started jungling trundle recently and i usually come out of blue at almost full health, even if i decide to not take smite (and take something like ignite or flash or TP instead) and just kill it with Q. I normally go blue -> wolves -> wraiths -> golems -> red -> gank, getting Q then W then E (W helps clear camps a bit faster) and i can often get or help cause 1st blood.

thenwhat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2011

Jungle in 3s, grab smite if you want more dragon/jungle control
- grab a vampiric sceptor and jungle and gank both lanes
Jungle in 5s, grab smite if you want (good for counter jungling) since trundle still clears the jungle pretty fast with/without smite.

Fawkes

12-27-2011

His sustain is insane so I suppose he would do fairly well in lane... I feel as if he just contributes more to the team if he's jungling, and I feel the same way about Lanewick (with the exception of solotop... sometimes)