Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best Solo Top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

likeomgitsadam

Recruiter

01-21-2012

Hey all , There's this great commentator streaming right now , He'll be analyzing mid play and lane concepts over at http://www.own3d.tv/phrank !

0mnip0tent

01-22-2012

No one, because everyone is Jungling.

Sam Is Whoa

01-22-2012

I main rumble and he is very good solo top. Yorick is also very good. I believe Ahri to be very good solo top as she is almost impossible to gank if you take cleanse flash.

InglouriousCobb

Recruiter

01-22-2012

Urgot, if you dont own him. He owns in any of the lanes. A lot of people see him as a carry and only think of him for bot. With his early harass you can easily zone the enemy or push them out of the lane.

AzureSaber

01-23-2012

Quote:
JuventusX:
I would say Riven is my favorite solo top.

My build for her is included, in case you want to use it.

Starting item-----Long Sword (Health Pots)

Transition your Long Sword into a Wriggle's, picking up Berserkers Greaves as well.

Next item is a Phage, which obviously transitions into a Frozen Mallet.

Since you have a lot of health by then, get an Atma's Impaler. You don't have to, but I always do.

Now get a Infinity Edge for crit and damage.

The last item I get is always decided on their team make-up. Once I got a Phantom Dancer, and it worked pretty good. Another time I was squishy, so I picked up a Warmogs, and it worked well with my Atma's. Experiement.

JuventusX

Atmog's is for those who have no idea how to use Riven. Just saying. Build her as pure AD and you'll see the difference. BT>IE, PD is ****, Wriggles' is optional, FM is a meh choice.

Build Doran's Blade at start, when you back get boots OR if you got enough farm, a BF Sword. If you got boots but can't afford a BF, build a Brutalizer. Then get a bloodthirster. Start stacking that, and grab a Last Whisper or a Frozen Mallet, depending on your needs. Guardian Angel, Quicksilver Sash, and Thornmail are all good choices for your defensive item, and from there feel free to build whatever you need, such as another Bloodthirster, a Frozen Mallet if you didn't get it earlier, and sell your Brutalizer for another defensive item/CDR item.

@OP: Riven.

OAKSHIS

01-24-2012

I would say Jax is a top tier solo champion. He can harass any champion and now that he was reworked. I feel when I play him I can 1v1 any champ with because of the new stun.

TheLordLeung

Recruiter

01-24-2012

Ive been playing ad nidalee for the past week and beat everyone in lane except for one riven because I changed my build. If you build her early wriggles with warmogs, atmas and triforce, you can farm like crazy, push towers with her attack speed buff, cant get ganked with movement speed passive and a small blink, and has a crazy early game burst once she hits 6, she has a heal, and a freaking ward! wtf more can you want!?

7Kratos7

01-24-2012

I agree I believe mord is a great mid. Also as a solo top in my opinion I think he would do alright but if your looking for a good solo on top i would suggest GP or Yorick.

I0N

01-24-2012

irelia

DemonicMike

01-24-2012

If the other team has a competent jungler that ganks a lot you will die over and over and over and over and over as Morde. He just isn't a viable champion anymore...in fact he never really was, people were just too noob to counter him early game, and they let him farm 200+ cs. I know many people say that he is okay now but he isn't. For example, just yesterday I jungled Udyr and I kept ganking Morde and he ended up going 3/13. Same thing happens to me when I play Morde. RIP Morde.

As for Renekton, he is extremely fun to play, and has insane damage early game, but his damage drops off hard late game. I probably play him the most out of the champs you listed.

Riven and Shyvana I always jungle so idk how good they are in top lane.

As for Yorick, I always say he is the best solo top in the game. I think I've probably told my friends that 100+ times. I don't remember ever losing top lane as Yorick. He just has so much sustain and harass that I don't know anyone that can beat him. The only thing holding him back is mana problems, but that can be easily solved with a Manamune.