Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best Solo Top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS18a91d7ad2488507ec964

12-31-2011

Urgot LOL

RAGEQQuittt

12-31-2011

Tryndamere :3 Even if your team suck you can carry your team mid/late game.

XoXeLo

12-31-2011

It's like nobody read what the OP said.. "I have all the ones i didnt mention.." .. Why does everyones keeps replying GP, Garen.. or other champs that are not on the OP's list.

Choose Yorick, he does way too much damage right now.

Infection1998

01-01-2012

i think you should go with riven, she is real good

Kazfiel

01-01-2012

Quote:
Intsikandy:
Mordekaiser is a great mid atm with his ability to farm and deny neutral camps and sheer sustain, so I wouldn't put him top lane from this unless you're running double AP, in which case in which would be beneficial since WoTA is core on him anyway. Safe bets are always Garen, Udyr, GP and Cho Gath since they have so much natural sustain. Garen can guaruntee early game dominance and counters many stealth champions and gankers that are dependant on slows, but he falls off mid and late-game if not dominating his lane, and falls off completely mid game as a DPS. The best champs to play with just no truly off-putting counters would be Udyr, GP, and Cho Gath. Riven is a great sustainy, escape, chasing champion, and the lack of the need of mana and good base stats and a lot of utility make her a great pick top, but you really need to count your cooldowns and plan out your plays with her, so hse's one of the champions that snowball very well with farm, but she will fall off painfully if you just don't know her mechanics very well. Wukong is falry weak in sustain, but has good damage and survivability, he can go toe to toe with most non-sustaining top laners, but he falls short until he can get his mana and sustain items like a sheen or philo stone, or wriggles. Renekton is a good choice, with lots of utility, sustain, and AoE burst damage, and is pretty well-rounded, but a lot of terribad players give him a bad reputation. Nasus is also a fairly weak top laner that never really truly dominates his lane, but you just sit there, make sure your tower doesn't die and farm your Q for 45 minutes so you can rush your tank items and triforce. Shyvana is okay in every way, she doesn't really have a good escape or CC, her sustain comes from her stupidly high base stats, and the fact she does tons of damage. She can definitely hold lane though, which is pretty much the overall goal of most top laners: hold your lane, and farm.Yorick is, very poor in the sustain, you pretty much can't play him without mana items until late game, and even then, he's forced to spam spells like a maniac, and runs short of mana all the time, he's a very iffy pick top in that his sustain is bad to mediocre, and his mana usage is ungodly, but he makes up for it with his late-game damage and utility, he's pretty much forced to build mana and sustain items, otherwise his lane will pay for it.

Stopped reading at mordekaiser is a great mid.

He's ridiculously easy to outfarm and poke. All he is is a countermid against vlad.

Morde es #0

MattSlick

01-05-2012

just a rule of thumb i found is a good hybrid fighter always solo's top the best. I wouldnt go top with a carry or assasin or a mage or support for that matter. Also it sounds silly but the most difficult champs to use are always the best once you get fed. Personally I would go renekton, fury over mana can help you keep in top lane until you really need to buy buy an item or 2 and recall can get you back farming in seconds. Just throw up a ward in the river to watch for jungle gank and you will rape and pillage.

hurry stickitin

01-06-2012

wukong, riven malphite

rofl pls stop

01-09-2012

Isn't teemo supposedly a good counter vs melee bruisers? Just keep up the blind & harass?

Queen Sejuani

01-09-2012

Quote:
RAGEQQuittt:
Tryndamere :3 Even if your team suck you can carry your team mid/late game.

No.

Just no.

Reverend Zeratul

01-09-2012

No love for Jarvan IV as a solo top?

In response to OP: Renekton or Riven would get my vote. Yorick has a really strong laning phase though.