The Fall of Runeterra: The Fight and Plight of Ezreal and Lux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tox1cpolkadot

12-26-2011

Hey guys!

I'm new to writing but I am a huge fan of the Ezreal/Lux ship. Since Riot has not released any possibility of future lore of the two, I decided to write my own story. This is the Prologue; Enjoy!

P.S. I was unable to make indentions before each paragraph, so I do apologize.

Prologue: Welcome to the League

“Ezreal, you are being summoned. Please make your way to the assembly room.”
He sighed; his long blonde eye lashes fluttered open, crawling out of his deep slumber. He sat up, rubbing crust from the corners of his eyes and patting down his thick hair. He gazed at the ceiling, having distaste in his mouth towards the Godlike voice from above.

“Ezreal, you are being sum-“

“I heard you!” he raised his voice. He had developed a grumpy demeanor in the morning since he was sworn into the League of Legends. The league was designed to solve conflicts in this world called Runeterra. Runeterra contains neighboring city-states such as Ionia, Demacia, Noxus and Zaun; He had come from Piltover, a city-state towards the north-east. Plenty of champions have joined the League since he has been a member, all of them were “hell-bent” to fight for their country or to gain unimaginable power. To Ezreal, the whole idea of helping others solve their problems wasn’t ideal but it was a small sacrifice for him in order to keep his artifact. His glove, two sizes too big, was able to help him hone his magical powers. He would feel lost without it, he was too attached with the honor of finding such a rare trinket.

Jumping out of bed, he dressed quickly and rushed from his dorm. He jumped down each flight of stairs, politely waving at other champions enjoying their Tuesday morning. He burst the double doors open and breathed in the cold October air. He wrapped his arms across his chest as he trotted to a tall, regal building just a short walk from his dorm. He opened the door and entered a large open room. He appeared to be late because his four other teammates were sitting in the expensive, luxury chairs in the grand marbled space. He always saw this room as looking empty; there was nothing to explore, nothing exciting to it. His thoughts were interrupted by a beautiful, exotic woman, “Good morning, Ezreal.”

“Hey there, Nid. How have your matches been lately?” He breathed heavily at the sight of her

“Oh, very good,” she soothed with her heavy accent.

Nidalee was a female champion who Ezreal had always had an affinity for. She was taller then he, her skin was a light olive color and her dark eyes could make any man stop in his tracks. Her black tresses twisted and curled down to her waist then greeted each other in a soft curl above her toned behind. Nidalee had the power to transform into a cougar. It was even evident now as she stood with a spear in hand, she averted her eyes around wildly. She reached down to fix a tangled fiber hanging from her black skirt. His eyes drank her in and he felt a heat creeping up his thighs and resting in his loins.

Trying to keep himself from getting too excited, Ezreal waved at his other teammates Shen, Akali and Master Yi. The trio were all from the city-state, Ionia. They all sat comfortably together, returning his greeting. They all exchanged battle strategies and tactics before they saw the lights dim. It was time for the battle to begin. He tried to relax as neon blue lights descended down upon him and his teammates. He felt an odd sensation as the blue light seeped into his skin, illuminating his veins. He closed his eyes and tried to ignore the unpleasant pressure of his body becoming tiny blue particles and rising up towards the ceiling, until there was nothing left and it went dark.

When he opened his eyes, he looked in front of him to see the enemy team before him. It looked like your normal team composition consisting of a Tank; a champion designed to soak up damage and hinder weaker opponents, an Assassin ; someone who was meant to do a lot a damage for a short duration, a Mage; a weaker champion that mainly used spells and does quite a lot of damage, and a Carry; this is what Ezreal’s job was. Carries do the most damage in the game and are normally the ones that are meant to kill and achieve their overall objective, which was to destroy the enemy teams’ nexus.
He took his time, determining how he would adjust to this team composition. He finally decided to see who their support champion was; a champion meant to slow, stun, shield and/or heal. He was surprised to see it was a young girl he had never seen before. It took him a moment to realize that she was the Leagues’ newest champion. This would be a problem; he did not know any of her abilities. He scowled towards the girl, who looked around apprehensively, her tall wand shaking in her tiny hands.

A moment later both teams were beamed down onto their separate platforms. He landed next to the shop keeper, Doran, selling weapons and other items of utility. He turned, shooting him a charming grin and tried to haggle him for a price reduction on boots.

“Not today, Ez. You think I was born yesterday? Every game you try to hassle me and Imma tell ya the same thing ev’ry time. Get lost!” the strange, pink goblin laughed at him, spit flying on Ezreal’s face from the goblins’ dirty, unkempt mouth.

“Heh, okay old man, just give me the boots and three health potions,” he dropped the entire bad of gold in front of his porky fingers.

“Yeah, yeah. You’re a rotten little ingrate, ya know that,Ez!” he yelled to Ezreal’s retreating back as he sprinted into the middle lane. He barely heard the wheezing of Doran anymore for his head was filled with too many thoughts.

‘Ugh, I just want to get this over with. I’m really not in the mood today.’

‘Maybe I should start slacking so summoners won’t choose me. ‘

‘Oh man, Nidalee looked so hot in that French maid outfit.’

He reached the lanes’ turret in record time and tapped his heavy boot as he waited for his minions to arrive. It wasn’t long before he heard tons of tiny little feet stomping behind him. He turned to see the hooded dwarfs marching in a straight line.

“Time to get this over with,” he muttered.

“Let’s do this boys!” he bellowed, encouraging his minions onward. They shuffled quickly and crashed into another group of minions with purple hoods instead of the neon blue his wore. He charged in, his blood pumping, he started tearing the minions to pieces even though the game had just started. He laughed joyously as he banged the heads of two minions together; He then slid under one minion, his arm jutted outward and scooped his stocky legs from under him. His head hit the ground with a thud and tried to scramble to his feet, but Ezreal was faster, he shot him in the face with a bolt of electricity. Then he picked up another minion and body slammed him to the ground, one shotting him again and gathering the gold they dropped.

‘This game may not be so bad!’

Ding…

The sound of bells clicking together sounded in his ears, disrupting his fun. He was surrounded by what looked like rainbow yarn, shuffling his feet; he realized that he was unable to move. He looked up angrily into the face of the young girl, the new champion. His thoughts raced, ‘They sent the new girl mid? A support?!’ There she stood, looking at him stupidly but then she beamed, it seemed as if the light was playing with her; bouncing off of her hair and cheeks.

He laughed and pointed a finger towards her as the bind unwound, “Alright, you asked for it. Time to strike!”

He held his glove up, and bright blue bow appeared, emitting from the topaz crystal upon it. Without hesitation he struck her once, twice and then auto attacked her until she was laying close to her turret looking helpless. She tried to catch him with her weird yarn but he used his signature move, Arcane shift, summersaulting through the air before her wide, innocent eyes. He was currently taking damage from her purple turret, a structure to guard her and the nexus. However, he was brief in his attack as he looked down on her pitiful face, which was still sparkling. He snapped his fingers and ignited her before abandoning her frightful screams.

“First Blood…” the female announcer acknowledged.

Chuckling at how easy it was to bring her down, he returned to the base and plopped a bigger bag of gold in front of Doran. He looked into the disapproving eyes of the shopkeeper, “What?” he said rather rudely, taking his vials of health potions and a small dagger and clipping them on his belt.

“C’mon Ez, give the girl a break! For cryin’ out loud she’s just a kid.” He looked at him seriously with his ugly, yellow eyes.

“Oh no, no, no, Doran. You think they call me ruthless for nothing?! I don’t show anyone mercy, not even some stupid little girl.” He grabbed his new purchases and headed back to the middle lane.

Doran bellowed at Ezreal’ retreating back, “At this rate, you’ll never get some! Aha ha ha ha!”

Ezreal cursed him under his breath and kept moving. The battles raged on, with his team in the lead; thanks to the new champion dying a lot. His team gathered in mid lane and headed toward the enemy nexus when suddenly they were flanked by Udyr, a powerful champion with the ability to change into many different animals. Udyr attacked Nidalee, stunning her to the ground and Cho’ Gath, a huge and hideous monster roared in his face. They were stunned and helpless as the other team jumped on them, using all of their abilities.

“GET BACK! Akali, go! Yi, go!” he barked his orders to his team and they obeyed. Just as he was ready to ghost; a spell to give him incredible speed, he was bond again by the stupid rainbow yarn, he screamed out in frustration and a pool of light burst below him, setting his boots on fire.

‘I have never felt pain like this from a support!’

He turned and only caught a glimpse of her alluring face before she rose up into the heavens, gathering all the light in the sky.

“FOR DEMACIA!!!”

Then all the lights went out.

Decagon

12-26-2011

This is great. I want to read more of it ! I'll be coming here to check on this everyday so be sure to update

-The first paragraph of the story and there is already an obvious mistake. It's Summoned not Summonded.

Tox1cpolkadot

12-26-2011

Thank you!

Gah! Thanks for the edit. I will surely fix it. <3

Cerubois

12-26-2011

I'm not exactly sure about the lore, but isn't Ezreal actually only summoned to the League by coincidence? I seem to remember feeling that he wasn't a real champion... But don't let that stop you. :P

Your writing is great for a beginner. Please keep it up!

Jaykoboy

12-26-2011

Yeah, it's not bad. I used to write for Ez/Lux ships. But, right now I'm writing Jayko/Riven ships.

[Jayko isn't a champion, Jayko. He's you.]

Shut up. You're supposed to be on off topic and Lore only.

[Yessir, right away. /sarcasm]

Not the time, man.

-Jaykoboy-

Tox1cpolkadot

12-26-2011

Ezreal is not summoned to battle very often in this story. I did make sure to read everyone's lore very carefully, along with the Journal of Justice.

Cerubois

12-26-2011

No, I didn't mean that he wasn't summoned often... I meant that he didn't actually become a champion in the League, and he doesn't actually stay there... I rechecked the lore, because it was bugging me. The only reason he gets summoned is because the artifact that gives him his abilities is affected by summoning magic. Thus, he gets dragged in without his consent, but he figures it's worth it in order to keep the artifact.
But like I said, you seem to have a plot in place, so keep at it. I'm just a stickler for details. :S

Tox1cpolkadot

12-26-2011

I see. Well, I think that Lore is vague enough so that it could go either way. In my story, he comes and goes as he pleases, he is just housed there.

Jaykoboy

12-26-2011

I need moar Master Yi.

Decagon

12-26-2011

It doesn't matter if you follow the lore or not. I just wanna see some Ezreal and Lux relationship <3