Negative attitudes and how they ruin the game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mandosm

12-29-2011

A potential solution that might be worth talking over.

Assigning game slots not just on the ELO but also the volume of reports the player has gained over a period of time. Presumably this would help group negative players together more.

Could be taken one step further and group based on the types of reports against them. If 10 players who frequently get reported for going AFK get on a team together they might start to get pissed off with their own behaviour reflected.

WayneKingftw

12-30-2011

I hate negative attitudes.

tF Mastermind

12-30-2011

Lol, I guess you have never played dota. This kind of game creates elitists. Get a team of 5 or learn how to play/handle trolls.

Narastus

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceGaia View Post
When I first played League of Legends, it was of course a new experience. I didn't have a clue about how different champions worked, or counter items, or where to place wards, etc. Now I have learned a lot more about the game over the course of several weeks, and enjoy the game thoroughly. Its impact as what I would consider a blooming, or new, game genre is a fresh experience that I don't normally encounter. Since I have always enjoyed games that require a substantial amount of team effort to win, the game-play suited me perfectly. I've never really been the lone wolf type.

But despite all these wonderful aspects of League, the experience that would otherwise be enjoyable is often ruined by negative players on your team. If you are like me and can't always play a 5v5 premade, then you know what I'm talking about when you get in the queue and see two, sometimes three, players auto lock an AD carry. That right there is a self-centered act in regard to the team. It's essentially saying: I'm going to be the champion I want to play and do not care if it hinders the team. I understand there is a gravitation to those champions because they have the capability to dish out monstrous damage late game, but that's why certain players gravitate to them; they want to get all the kills. That is just self-centered, inconsiderate behavior that does not belong in a team based game.

However, they are just as important as any other role that needs to be filled. But, to auto lock it and refuse to communicate with the rest of the team is just selfish and inconsiderate of the team which you are a part of. You don't need three AD carries on a team. Games are not won single-handedly by an AD carry, unless the opposing team is outright garbage. It takes all the necessary roles in order to win.

The problem is, in random teammate games, too often people do not care or maybe even notice that the team is becoming unbalanced. By this I mean too much AD or too much AP along with an assortment of other problems, such as no tank or no support. It's like people want to win the match, but think they can do it by themselves. Or everyone can just pull their own lane and magically overcome the base at the end. This is not how games are won. I've seen where a team has lost all three lanes against a mostly AD team, but by end game when all the gold is adding up, they will make a huge comeback. All it takes sometimes is winning one 5v5 team fight in mid lane and you can push all the way to their inhibitor before they can even respawn.

Now, what really burns me is when players refuse to communicate and/or insist on blaming the entire team for their death or loss of the match, when the team composition was three AD carries and no AP. How can anyone expect to win against a team that is at least somewhat balanced when you have no CC? Unfortunately, I have not unlocked or learned any AP champions yet, and the only one I could afford is Ryze. I actually am considering getting him, just so I can hope to win when I get in the que and see two players auto lock an AD carry.

The negative attitude these players have is extremely distasteful and a blatant failure to uphold the Summoner's Code. These types of players should just learn to accept defeat, because you are not always the better team, and move on in hopes of winning the next match. Blaming defeat and the entire reason for losing on one single player, or the rest of the team, when you failed to check or didn't care if there were two AD carries already is preposterous. If you are losing, just gracefully lose and be sportsmanlike about it. There is no need to rage and tell the rest of the team they suck, as if you are the only skilled player on the team.

I have grown sick and tired of the negative attitude of some players in League and I never fail to report them. These people don't belong in the game. They need to be removed, and I'm going to do everything in my power to remove them. The Summoner's Code was established for a reason. Riot wanted to keep the game pure of rude and inconsiderate players, and they constituted The Tribunal for this purpose. It should be the duty of every Summoner to report negative players that ruin the experience for everyone else.

Thanks for reading.
You don't have to accept the summoners code, some people find fun in watching other people rage. (A person can just make a level one account to troll if riot banns them, and that makes newer players have a bad time getting into the game. What I suggest is joining a gaming community, PC Potatoes (http://pcpotatoes.com/) for example. So oyu have less of a chance of finding the bad players, The less you ahve to solo que the better.

Lightstrike

12-31-2011

judjing that you arent even lvl 30 u shud stfu cause u havent learned **** kid
go QQ to some brs

Shishiku

12-31-2011

IMHO, sometimes it's a matter of language barrier.
I usually play ranged supports (Lux, Zilean, Soraka... but I hate Sona (?)). When I see 3 ranged players I try to balance with a melee one, usually tank, but i'm really unskilled with those chars. Then, game starts, I manage to say "I'm used to ranged", but nobody cares. I try to explain my gameplay, but I type too slow, so I stay quiet. Then, if I start loosing, trolling starts, "U feeder!" "lol, galio fed tryn", etc .
I know that sometimes I play really bad, even with my fav champions, but did someone ask me something? If X champion seems to be better than me, why don't you ask for a swap? It isn't my fault, it's the team fault, but don't complain, it's just a game! It's supposed to be something fun, it's like "OK, they shattered the nexus, life goes on".
I wish I could speak more fluently to teammates, instead of a "yes" "no" "i want this" "i don't want that", but keep in mind that communication is needs cooperation from both sides.

PD: too much english... I might get a headache :P

talisman202

12-31-2011

I have been playing the game for only a few weeks level 27. So I am not a newbie but I'm not a pro either. I have trouble playing sometimes and get really upset when I tell my team I'm having trouble or its my first time with a champ and all they do is call me down and tell everyone to report me. Yes I have lashed back at people a few times saying* have you never been a newbie* usual answer is * go play bots or go play with yourself*. Not a very nice thing to say to someone who is probably old enough to be your mother.
On another note I have found some very nice and helpful players they are on my friends list and I play with them as much as possible. But yes I think there should be a way to punish the rude ones harder and more sever. Thanks for listening to my rant.

DevilHorn

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerifane View Post
I completely agree but you must remember: Whatever your're doing, whether is be going to the mall, playing a game of pick-up basket ball, playing any online video game or even taking your dog for a walk, you'll always come across uncooperative, rude peoples. What makes you a good person is that you either ignore, help or politely work with them. They will never realize it, but to others, you'll be the better person and you'll earn respect in your community. In this game, the best thing to do would be either to mute them or kindly talk to them, and when the game is over simply report them.

It may seem like this game consists mainly of these negative players, but really, there are not many of them. They just stick out in the bunch of polite, well mannered people. If you take a look at the in-game chat, you'll notice these people take up a good 75%+ of the chat, and the text from the positive, cooperative people is hidden in their. The negative players have nothing better to do and gain pleasure off your disappointment. Ignore them, promote your team to do so, and let the poorly behaved players feel their isolation. Nothing worse than feeding the beast.

I think the penalty for these players need to be higher, and the rewards for the good players also need to be higher. Good job riot on the 450 bonus IP. Keep it up
They musta hated you if they gave you ip.... I got RP. O.O

OG Commissioner

12-31-2011

add players who aren't ******rs and start getting them on a VOIP service and just make premades. It's what I did and I have alot more fun, not to mention when you do have a bad game (and they do happen) they don't rage and hate, they try to help catch you up to be a team asset.

IceGaia

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstrike View Post
judjing that you arent even lvl 30 u shud stfu cause u havent learned **** kid
go QQ to some brs
Lightstrike, please try to contribute something more relevant and/or intelligent next time.

Everyone else who understands the frustration behind this, thank you for your replies and advice on how to better the experience. I can't always play with premades, unfortunately, and it leads to a lot of games with trolls. I also don't have a mic that works for my computer, which makes it difficult to communicate even with a premade team. However, premade teams are still leagues better than solo que. I hope everyone's game experience improves and good luck everybody!