[Jaykoboy Fanfic] Down for Maintenance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

12-26-2011

This idea was given to me by a thread, which supports Fanfic ideas. Here's the basic idea:

Quote:
Down for maintenance:
The Nexuses at Summoner's Rift malfunction, but there's a situation at boiling point that just can't wait. Solution? Chess. With actual champions.
Sounds interesting, doesn't it? And guess who loves to play chess?

Moi.
Summoners Jayko and Belthazor were walking on the fields of justice after a more vigorous than usual battle. There had been some complaints about the Nexus starting to give feedback, which was generally a bad thing. And with a large battle between Noxus and Demacia today, there was no time to lose. So, of course, Belthazor and Jayko took their time as they made their way towards the blue Nexus.

"...and so I said, 'Honestly, you know I don't want to, honey!' and she just threatened me with her sword until I took off my shirt...and then it went dowhill from there."

Belthazor nodded knowingly. "I warned you, these relationships with champions can get out of hand."

Jayko laughed. "You're telling me. You're with Kat, right? How is it, sleeping with a sadist like her?"

"Don't bring it up."

They'd finally arrived at the Nexus, which was crackling in a way it hadn't since Nocturne was formed. Jayko stood back, while Belthazor took a closer look.

"Hmm...looks like trouble. Don't worry, Jayko, it's not going to explode, and even if it did, it's designed to not hurt anyone when it explodes."

Jayko inched forwards, taking a closer look at the Nexus. It was covered in scratches, even though the rest of the base wasn't harmed. "Seems like sabotage. Does it work?"

Belthazor cracked his knuckles. "Well, it's worth a shot to see. Mind if I summon Riven?"

Jayko shrugged. "Not at all."

Belthazor called forth the controlling sphere that allows each summoner to call their favorite champions forth. It started to glow blue, reflecting the shimmering sheen of the Nexus. Inside of it, the distorted image of Riven started to appear. Belthazor frowned.

"What's wrong?"

Belthazor turned to Jayko. "I know you're still a noob, but the image isn't supposed to be distorted. It's supposed to be as clear as if you were standing next to them."

Continuing, Belthazor started to pull through the Nexus, trying to bring Riven there. But instead, there was a large yellow spark inside of the core of the Nexus. It shattered, falling down around Belthazor and Jayko. The connection was lost, and Belthazor's orb dissappeared.

Jayko whistled. "Wow. No wonder they were having problems."

Belthazor picked up one of the shards. "Guess we'd better start putting this back together."

Jayko pulled out some duct tape. "Sweet!"

"No duct tape."

"Aw..."

Belthazor pointed down to the exit. "But it doesn't really matter. You have to go tell them the match is off for now."

Jayko shivered. "But...but Swain's going to be there. He's almost certain to kill me."

"Deal with it. Go."

Jayko hurried off down the lane, going to find the participating champions.
"...and that's why the match is cancelled."

He'd quickly gathered all the champions, from both sides. Lux, Garen, and Jarvan IV were teamed up with the Ionians Master Yi and Lee Sin. Katarina has gathered together Sion and Swain for her team, and had drafted Gangplank and Mordekaiser for their fourth and fifth.

Jayko had chosen a really bad crowd to break the news to.

Garen stood up, enraged. "Aw, c'mon! This is a very important match! We need to do it now!"

Swain also stood up, but no one could tell how he felt about it. At least, until he spoke. "Jayko, you are a disgrace to Summoners. Breaking the Nexus, just so you could turn off our match? This is a very important dispute!"

Jayko leaned back and tapped his foot waitingly. "And what is this dispute, again?"

Katarina took out one of her daggers and started toying with it. "Whether I have to go out with Garen or Belthazor. Honestly, I hope it's Belthazor."

Garen facepalmed. "See...this is what I have to deal with."

Jayko sighed. "Look, I know I'm not the highest-ranking summoner in the League, but I'll do all I can to fix this up for you, okay? I'm going to find some help."
A few hours later, the Noxians and Demacians, as well as their assistants, stood in a huge room with black-and-white tiling, with Summoners Jayko and a newcomer for the Demacians, AwayAway. AwayAway was cat-calling Jayko, saying he'd never win Belthazor's date with Kat, while Jayko brushed up on his chess skills.

Jayko thought for a moment, trying to decide which champions would go where. The blue minions were already set up as pawns...now he just had to figure out where the champions would go.

"Alright, uh...Katarina, would you mind being the queen? And Swain, you can be king."

Those two champions made their way to their individual spots, wearing bright-white clothing. Jayko fistpumped. He was getting first move.

AwayAway looked down. "Hm...Lux, you get queen, and Jarvan, you get king. Master Yi, you get knight."

Jayko looked at the placement of the black pieces. "Hm...alrighty then, Sion, you can take rook, and Gangplank, you be a knight."

AwayAway was starting to get dismayed at the positioning of the White team. "Who do I have left...? Ah, yes, Garen will be a rook, while Lee Sin is a bishop."

Jayko looked at Mordekaiser. "Mordekaiser, I need you to be a bishop."

Mordekaiser grumbled, but said nothing. He made his way to his position, his armor turning white.

AwayAway looked over the field. "Looks like we don't have a full set."

Jayko thought for a moment. "Well, I'll call in a couple more champions and then we'll set up."

Jayko went away, coming back in a couple minutes with the Rook, Bishop, and Knight for his team. Riven went to the knight's spot, while Urgot waddled over to the rook's placement. The bishop was none other than Vladimir.

Vlad and Katarina gave each other a quick, friendly hug. "So, Garen's insisting again?"

"Yep."

Vlad stood up sharply. "Well, I'm certainly helping Belthazor."

Riven saluted Jayko. "Yo, Jayk, how are you?"

Jayko smiled. "I'm fine, thanks. Urgot, how are you over there?"

Urgot rumbled for a moment. "Eternal suffering..."

"Glad to hear you're doing well. AwayAway, do you have your three?"

Walking towards the Rook position was the infamous Udyr. Taking seats next to each other, Teemo was the bishop, while Tristana was cuddling her gun close in the Knight's spot.

Jayko shrugged. "Alright, guess we're ready to start then. On with the match!"
Jayko and AwayAway went to a raised glass platform floating above the entire field. Jayko took his seat, as did AwayAway.

The announcer spoke accross the field. "Jayko has First Move!"

Jayko looked down. He pointed to one of his blue minions. "You. Move to that square."

The minion obliged, moving to the lower right corner of the center. (Look at pictures below for all moves from now on. I re-did it with a digital chess set. I'll continue working on it later; until then, I'll be back soon.)

Magister Gir

12-28-2011

uhh..... It's.......... *turns on her heels and walks away not even going to bother with this one*

Zabii

12-28-2011

Chess... Freaking... chess...

Oh lord...

belthazor3457

12-29-2011

You... could have asked me first before writing me into something >.>

Magister Gir

12-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazor3457 View Post
You... could have asked me first before writing me into something >.>
wow he didn't even ask you? I honestly gave him too much credit here

Decagon

12-29-2011

I really took an arrow to the knee.

Magister Gir

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
I really took an arrow to the knee.
NUUUU NOT YOU TO DECA!! *curls into a ball crying but then see's a kog'maw plushie with a string attached to it and instantly pounces it which then a larger cat pounced upon me and then another one larger pounced upon that cat and then a giant Kog'Maw plushie fell on that cat and then I picked that Plushie up it was so small it fit the palm of my hand and then saw a strand of hair attached to it and shooed it away* SHOO SHOOO evil hair begone!