Character Stops dead in Tracks!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lugia978

12-26-2011

Hey, there. Over the holiday break, I have been playing Lol with my cousins, however their laptops started having issues playing.

Quote:
I'm still connected, but I can no longer move or do anything
Disconnect and reconnect to the game, you may have to shut down the client
The issue is frequent, and its always random (and inopportune) Restarting helps, but also takes a bit to get in, and it consistently happens two to three times a game!

The internet can't be the problem however, for when he disconnects, I am still fine.
I run a decent gaming computer, hardwired into the network.
My cousin runs a upper range laptop, connected via wireless.

The computer doesn't drop from the network, we still recieve champion locations spells, and arrows to the face, however he can't "send" anything. Mouse clicks and messages don't have any effect (but the minimap shows the pathing line, he simply doesn't follow it.)

This sadly leaves the blame in mysterious forces. Attached are both of our DxDiag reports to help aid in whoever may be working on this. Hope this is helpful in someway.

Just remembered... If you wait for 30 seconds or so, the problem will sometimes disappear, allowing you to reconnect/play with out actually closing the client itself.

Xytrigius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-26-2011

Have you checked your ping or packet loss? Use pingtest.net to check for packet loss, it could be a problem with your internet.

Lugia978

12-26-2011

But would we BOTH disconnect if this was the issue?
We'll try to monitor this next game.

The incoming stream isn't jittery at all, and the already observed latency doesn't spike... so this probably isn't our issue. We'll be sure to update it later.

Xytrigius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-26-2011

It's a possibility, have you tested your ping yet? Is it low or very high? It could be an internet problem, also scan your PC for any common viruses which can be causing the situation.

Lugia978

12-26-2011

ingame we are at 90 on mine and 115 on his

Lugia978

12-26-2011

remember he's on a laptop so that can cause those kinds of discrepancies.

Danilo40

12-26-2011

im having that problem too, but only happens on SR! at dominion its normal O.o heeeeeellpp

Xytrigius

Recruiter

12-26-2011

Is that your latency? It could be a bug, if you think it is than submit a query following this threads steps.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=3

If the problem continues than its something to submit, but if it stops than it may be just the LoL server being busy, alot of people are home this holiday season!

Lugia978

12-26-2011

this has been happening for the whole week 2 to 3 times a game... his ping is normal and isn't spiking. It stays around 100ms which is average for his laptop.

Xytrigius

Recruiter

12-26-2011

Did the issue just appear again in your game?