black background

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

solusalt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2011

i was playing league as usual, 5 min into game, i get a bugsplat. i reconnect entire client, making sure to ctrl alt delete end all related programs to lol. i get back into game with black background only showing minions and heroes, no walls, no trees, no paths, unplayable. i reconnect fully at least a dozen times, no fix. i try playing with black bg and eventually the entire screen goes black other than the hud. i KNOW the drivers are fine because it was working fine minutes earlier. both teams report me and qq me.

now a restart of the entire comp usually fixes the problem. EVERY game that this happens is a 4v5 so i lose every time it happens. over the months, it has stolen 100s and 100s of elo from me because i simply cant predict when it will happen and when it does theres nothing i can do.

i tried the nvidia control panel anti aliasing, drivers, assorted reconnects, lowering and reupping my vid settings, windowed mode, diff lol account.

im not begging for the hundreds of elo i have been robbed of nor asking for pity for the hours of frustration and wasted time that this problem has caused me. i only ask for a red to legit tackle the problem. ive seen hundreds of threads with the same problem and most end with "bump", waiting for a reply. the few threads that have possible fixes i have tried. fix this. i have spent money and time on this game and i really enjoy it. but getting my account tribunal suspended over and over because of reports due to a problem out of my control is too much. if there isnt a working fix, reds, please let me know, so i can move on from this game. its not worth the frustration.

/rant end

Enosense

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2011

I had this problem a while ago. Look for League of Legends' setup.exe file and run it. It'll reinstall the missing portions of the map.

solusalt

12-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enosense View Post
I had this problem a while ago. Look for League of Legends' setup.exe file and run it. It'll reinstall the missing portions of the map.
is this to be done during a game? like i close the prog and try to run the setup? (if i still have setup files) and then rejoin the same game?