black background

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

solusalt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2011

i was playing league as usual, 5 min into game, i get a bugsplat. i reconnect entire client, making sure to ctrl alt delete end all related programs to lol. i get back into game with black background only showing minions and heroes, no walls, no trees, no paths, unplayable. i reconnect fully at least a dozen times, no fix. i try playing with black bg and eventually the entire screen goes black other than the hud. i KNOW the drivers are fine because it was working fine minutes earlier. both teams report me and qq me.

now a restart of the entire comp usually fixes the problem. EVERY game that this happens is a 4v5 so i lose every time it happens. over the months, it has stolen 100s and 100s of elo from me because i simply cant predict when it will happen and when it does theres nothing i can do.

i tried the nvidia control panel anti aliasing, drivers, assorted reconnects, lowering and reupping my vid settings, windowed mode, diff lol account.

im not begging for the hundreds of elo i have been robbed of nor asking for pity for the hours of frustration and wasted time that this problem has caused me. i only ask for a red to legit tackle the problem. ive seen hundreds of threads with the same problem and most end with "bump", waiting for a reply. the few threads that have possible fixes i have tried. fix this. i have spent money and time on this game and i really enjoy it. but getting my account tribunal suspended over and over because of reports due to a problem out of my control is too much. if there isnt a working fix, reds, please let me know, so i can move on from this game. its not worth the frustration.

/rant end

Solaris Shadow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

12-26-2011

When the ground is black it is usually caused by a few things first is that antialiasing is forced on or an issue with fast terrain see
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/234286-graphics-crashes-and-troubleshooting
For more information;

The only other cause I can think of is that the client has a corrupted graphic file which running the repair function in the launcher usually fixes.

PoonCoon

12-26-2011

I know you're probably going to get frustrated at my answer but have you tried CHANGING the drivers to a newer version, or even past that, an older version if you tried the newer? Beyond that the only thing I can imagine causing it is directx. But try the drivers pretty please?

solusalt

12-26-2011

ive tried toggling fast terrain on and off, and as i said toggling the anti aliasing in nvidia (trying both on and off).

it really shouldnt be drivers because not only was the game working fine minutes before on the same driver setup, this problem has recurred every once in awhile for months, through many driver version revisions