Elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saul

12-26-2011

So, this season I have done nothing but get leavers, new players who xp boosted through the leveling process and don't know the basics of the game.. So, I get stuck in this place called ELO hell with pretty much all bad players and I am completely stuck. This system really needs to get fixed.. Or just make rated strictly teams.. I dunno what else to say. The game loses its appeal during the seaon when you get a string of Leavers and troll at 1200-1300 range..

Yes, I AM QQ'in. Im tired of this.

Minare

12-26-2011

You are not alone.

I read thousands of Post of peoples asking about this elo system.

But its how its work, so better live with it.

Ch3cksum

12-26-2011

You may read thousands of posts about ELO hell, but that's just because of how huge the player base for league of legends is.

ELO does not exist. Yes, in the lower ELO's there will be feeders / leavers. But at the same time, the chances of the other team having someone like that are exactly equal to yours. So if you continue to play the ELO system does work and will balance itself out over time.

I think the first thing you need to do is step back and re-evaluate your play style, no offense meant. If you cannot bring yourself out of the 12-1300 ELO then it is quite possible that you yourself are not yet playing at a 15-1600 ELO level.

For instance, you have a feeder on your team, OK. The chances of them having a feeder also is very high, so prey on their weaker players, get some kills, remember to constantly CS and out farm them and continue on to carry your team.

No, I am not implying you can win every game in the manner, but as long as your wins are continually more than your losses your ELO will go up. Slowly, but it will increase.

Also, try duo queing. It makes it easier if you have a friend so you can play roles / hero match ups that compliment each other.

Deathmare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2011

I've seen so many of these same posts. If you don't want to deal with ELO hell, don't play ranked without a 5man. Simple as that. That way you know you can actually rely on your teamates instead of having to guess. Once you learn the game better (as most elo-hell residents could afford to do) you can solo queue and carry yourself out of it.

Rillain

12-26-2011

i just made it to elo hell after last placement match

that match 1st pick banned yorick, leblanc, and twitch
our team was warwick, ezreal, graves, malzahar, brand. lol

so other team shaco leaves 1st half of the game and i thought it was guaranteed win... until rest of the team goes 0-12

meh