Summoner Icons

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lanille

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2011

Hello there Summoners and Rioters, I am posting here today to suggest more summoner icons. There aren't very many to choose from and most of them look strange, or irrelevant to people's interests. (No offense to Riot's creativity, of course.)

I personally, would like to have my summoner icon of my favorite champion.
We could either buy sets of icons with RP or IP.
But I was thinking along the lines of earning the icons. For example, the more you win battles with your favorite champ, you eventually unlock their picture for using as your summoner icon. Further battles won will unlock bonus pictures from their skins, or skill set.

How I think this would also help Riot is that summoners would have more to look forward to and play/buy more. Summoners who've already unlocked their desired champions and skins don't really have much to do after that. (Unless you're crazy for all of the champions and runes. ;D)

Hopefully other summoners and Riot think this idea is worthy of implementing into their wonderful game, I've no idea if this idea has already been proposed so I apologize if there's a similar thread.

Edit: This could also be used for summoner's icons in the Forums as well. :3

Cactii

12-26-2011

I like this idea, and agree that the current icons (with the exception of the minion icons) don't seem to be that LoL themed. I would definitely like to see some more diverse selection of icons available.

I like the idea of having unlockable icons through certain in game achievements, such as OP's suggestion of unlocking portraits of your favourite champions if you have played them in a certain number of matches. You could also include achievements related to certain statistics in game, such as "Get a Pentakill" or "X number of double kills". Minion slaying, dragon and baron killing, and turret razing icons could be unlocked as well.

Monoream

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2011

This idea is good!

Strit

01-04-2012

Bump we need some more attention to Summoner Icons.