Best mage?

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DX Dougl3r

Recruiter

01-15-2012

Excellent nobody mentions Kennen, muahahaha

Ecclesian

01-16-2012

Like all of them lol

Aetherion1234567

01-16-2012

Anivia may be my favorite for the sheer utility she brings to the team, as well as some of the crazy things she can pull off due to her wall and passive.

However, I honestly think Ryze is one of the best mages in the game. His snare is on a ridiculously low cd if you chain your spells correctly, so he can shut down bruisers that want to close the gap. Also, he builds tanky and can still nuke people's faces off while reducing their mr in teamsfights. Despite the fact that he's played more now than he used to be, I still think he's underpreciated, especially in lower elo.

Thommi

01-17-2012

I know Swain isn't the best by any means but come one... he turns into a giant bird monster! He's my favorite for sure. Lets just morph and eat them!

zombielegit

01-22-2012

i say anivia, such an op champion. if you try to run from it it justs blocks you off and finishes you off.also good aoe.

Poét

02-07-2012

Ziggs. Insane range with his 'Q' with a short CD. Decent escape/chase with well placed/timed 'W' and 'E' is freakishly insane if some1 runs through it. His ult is just icing on the cake. Get a Lich's Bane with decent AP and just pull a Q>AA>E>AA>lol at dead ppl. I use his 'W' alot for extra damage, LB proc and passive proc. He's a bit squishy but his range helps him stay in fights from a good distance and tanks should keep enemies away anyway xP

Hyosun

02-07-2012

Ahri is my new Kassadin. Her farming is better, her range is higher, and once she's got to level 6 her kill potential is higher. She can also dash in for aggressive plays and dash out immediately, something Kassadin can't do, even with 40% cdr. So she's mobile and aggressive and has got that WICKED cc. Don't get me wrong I love my kass wassy but there are things i can do with ahri that I can't with kassadin.

Xerath may not be the number one 1 v 1 mage out there but it's his ability to lay down tons of aoe dmg at safe range that makes him indispensable for winning teamfights. Mofo just unloads on multiple targets and if your team can't kill them then they're just bad as hell.

Swain just goes into beast mode mid-game. Two forms of cc, wicked sustain, aoe damage, and that tanky teamfight presence goes a long way. If you have good initiation it's super simple to completely screw over multiple people with your slow, snare, and scary as hell dot. That and he won't die. That psychological aspect is underappreciated and highly valuable in solo que imo.

Karthus is a beast man. Dat ult. Dat wall, dat incrediWTF aoe dmg from defile... every game I play against a good karthus I feel there's no way to engage him unless you've got firepower and some burst damage. You'll get slowed, you'll eat a ton of damage and even if he dies it seems that teamfights end up heavily in his favor. God if there's anything I hate more than free gp week it's free karthus week.

Oh and how about that Sion? Fed sion is fed is all I can say. ****ing rips into your entire team with shield and completely screws over a single target. If you're facing a mid sion with mobillity boots you better hope your teammates know how to ****ing ward cuz he's gonna get fed.
And his farming... oh man. All you need is 2 dorans and you have all it takes to have some of the highest cs in the game. KABOOM! MONEY.... GANK!!

Kennen... wow. Kennen's ult is a ****ing ****storm and wins fights on it's own. Couple that with excellent kiting, mobility, and powerful cc and you have yourself a strong caster that can do everything well. Just look up Ego Ignaxio ( 3300 games with Kennen ) on youtube and you'll see why this champion is popular again.

JxC

02-07-2012

cass, kennen, morg, ahri
janna, soraka, sona

in no particular order

fabooloove

02-07-2012

Really depends of the team composition or the role you need to full fill.

I just LOVE lux, her range is awsome, she can burst, she can support and poke as hell. Roaming from mid to top to help with a lasser is always wellcome, but you should only pick her if u need a little support, if u can afford a squishy mage and if need cc.

Anivia is similar, she cant support as lux, but provides an awsome AoE damage and area control.

Then Morgana, awsome sustain, awsome damage, cant support as lux, but she can do pretty good, but if u miss your snare, thats it. If u cant catch them with your snare, you cant do anything.

I prefer Swain, AoE snare, slow, damage increaser and with blue, endless sustain, endless torture.
If the enemy team is not stupid, they will ignite you... shutting you down, but that happens with a lot of champions.
He's tanky, he can sustain, gank, 1vs1, sometimes even backdoor. But he needs blue sooo much.

Kronos701

02-07-2012

Shen mid. Enough has been said.

1234567 ... 13