Regarding the 5 minute wait for queue dodging

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImTheProof

12-25-2011

-There are 2 instances when I queue dodge:
1) When there is an obvious AFK person on the team (lets the timer run out, randoms a champion from it, random hero spells, etc)
2) When I have a friend or 2 log on and they want to play when I'm in queue.

The first (1) instance is the case a large majority of the time, like 9/10 or so.

-If someone is AFK during champion select, I can do 2 things:
1) Do nothing, start the game, hope that the AFK person randomed a champion they can play (or that they are not AFK during the game).
2) Queue dodge and play it safe, but have to wait 5 minutes.

Why do I have to wait 5 minutes because someone else decided to go AFK?

Solidale

12-25-2011

Its annoying but think of it this way:

"Hey I odnt like that other team. ILL DODGE" reque "I dont like my team. ILL DODGE"

it will create a whole bunch of traffic on servers with people leaving and requing. I know you have been in those draft pick games whre your about to start a game. Someone leaves, about to start again, someone leave etc etc etc for 5 games straight. now imagine if you had that on a more frequent basis? makes me want to run my head through a wall.

purplepeopleeat

12-26-2011

bump for this....

In a wait right now someone was afk and got auto assigned. Why not start a new game and kick the person out that was afk especially for ranked.......

Rant over.

combat1921

12-26-2011

This is the reason AFKs should just instadodge if they don't select a champ when the time is up

ImTheProof

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat1921 View Post
This is the reason AFKs should just instadodge if they don't select a champ when the time is up
This was exactly my point. Don't punish the people who want to avoid an almost inevitable loss and bad game, punish the person who went AFK.

Pr0jectseph

12-27-2011

I actually really like the idea of being auto-kicked for afk'ing if you don't select a champ b4 the countdown finishes.

I too am so ****ed sick of entering a game KNOWING it's at least going to end up with a
"Oh sh*T..i got blitz...wtf how do I use him"....
if not that then u get a 4v5 match and you could have saved yourself 20 mins of getting disadvantaged.

MrGumby123

01-04-2012

I find myself leaving queues fairly often. The reason I do is because I see early a large problem with my team. I can often predict... okay we're gonna have to surrender. And it's not a matter of "I don't like that guy's champion pick" or "I want a team who will do exactly as I want". It's a matter of... well I'm on the forums now because I left queue and am waiting the 5 min timer. I started the game and everyone picked AD champions except a Malphite. I can already tell you... if everyone on the other team gets a thornmail or a little bit of armor... that's GG. Often someone will pick a champion at last second, and even though I'll be really whatever the team needs (tank, jungler, AP, AD, idc), I get real mad when my team ends up with 2 supports, or no jungler, all AP or AD, etc. and there's nothing I could have done.

Now there should be a punishment for people who leave during queue. Yes, there will be collateral damage for innocent people like the people in this thread, but there needs to be something to prevent server backup and people leaving queues too often. But I find that I usually end up leaving a queue once per gaming day. If the queue was dropped to something like 2 minutes for first offense. It wouldn't bother me, it would still deter frequent leavers, and it would make for a better gaming experience.

The alternative is... stick it out and surrender at 20.

jerrrry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

I do believe there should be a penalty for dodging, however, the AFK issue is definitely a problem. People should auto-dodge for not picking a hero in time. Also, I suggested a way to take care of AFKers due to auto-re-queue:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1668983

Pa1nsponge

01-04-2012

"I don't like my team so I'm dodging"

This strikes me as the MOST valid reason for dodging. Why should I be forced to play with people who clearly have no idea what they are doing?