Kill Lanes = Headaches Galore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chchchia

02-19-2012

So in a soloqueue Normal match today, I had my first encounter with a good Kill Lane. Panth/ Leona bot repeatedly stunned our bot lane(Blitz/Vayne) into oblivion. My only question is this: How the fudge brownies do I deal with this in a ranked match?

Any input is appreciated!

SANKA YOUUUUU

Dubledox

02-20-2012

Farm under your turret and have jungle gank bot frequently as they overextend to kill you.

hotfire

02-20-2012

Haa I remember when this was the norm. Every game would be like Xin / blitz versus sion / panth. Back when nobody decided lanes until after the load screen.

ADGarner

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubledox View Post
Farm under your turret and have jungle gank bot frequently as they overextend to kill you.
Kill lanes play very aggressively. This is really the best advice. Your jungler can punish the heck out of them. In ranked play their kill lane will have a counter gank set up for your jungle though. So be careful!

azurefishie

02-20-2012

Get tenacity items when going against Leona or any other CC heavy champ. Ask the jungler or anyone else to help you push lane. If they don't want to kindly remind them it's a team game and if that lane doesn't get beaten then the game will not be going well.

Stevefin

02-20-2012

yeah kill lanes are deadly. Shen and Xin is also very deadly. not even hugging your tower is safe. as shen will taunt you away and xin knock you up

I lemonade I

02-20-2012

stay alive
if you can do that then you have become more usefull then them mid-late game because they require kills to stay as farmed as you

Everspace

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevefin View Post
shen will taunt you away and xin knock you up
What a wingman.

7thcloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

uh, vayne + blitz is also a kill lane. it just so happens that leona + panth is a much better kill lane due (panth's stun is not a skillshot, allowing leona to follow-up with her stuns). it doesnt help that vayne has a rather short auto-attack range (for an AD ranged carry).

to battle a kill lane, with the typical AD + support, it's essentially a game of patience. after several levels, the AD + support lane will inevitably get stronger.

1. if the support has a heal, you can trade harass all day and whittle them down
2. any true support will have gp5 runes/masteries, allowing the AD to get all farm (allowing the AD to wreck havoc on the two non-ranged heroes)
3. try to take advantage of range by picking heroes like caitlyn / trist / sivir / etc. notice how all of them have some soft of escape or protection as well. they are safe laners

that said, jungler gank is not always an option. a good kill lane will not push the wave and only last hit.

The Interficio

02-21-2012

Ward the Bushes, Buy Doran's Blades(Early Tanky is important) and abuse the fact that they need to hard engage against you, You can poke then rest up while farming.