Snowdown: A little frozen fun

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackCrossGrave

12-14-2013

Believe it or not that even with all the magic in Valoren at their disposal the Summoners at the League of Legends could not stop at snow storm. It was deemed illegal by the high council at the Institute of War the mutilation of the weather (not on the Fields of Justice) was illegal due to the fact that magic could permanently change and harm the natural order. They had no choice, all or today's matches have been postponed and the all the roads were closed down. It was a snow day at the league.

In truth nobody really minded it at all, everyone including the summoners wanted a day off. Everyone was told to stay inside or in there rooms for the day, anyone in the right mind would have say that the weather was to fierce for anyone to be outside.

But of course that was from a human perspective, they were not Champions of the League who would a little snow keep them from having their fun.

In the court yard was a mass of Champions and mischievous summoners all gathering around one man, a famous summoner named Phreak.

"All right guys, the reason why I called you all here is that I detest the high councils orders to stay inside and sit around all day, we will save that for Saturday evenings." said Phreak.

The crowd stared at the summoner wondering what he had in mind.

"Instead we are going to have some fun, we ourselves the perfect snow storm; 2 feet of snow covers the ground with more on its way, there is no wind and the temperature is below freezing; the grounds are empty with nobody else in sight. It is the perfect day for a snowball fight.

A great cheer escaped the crowd from Champion and summoner alike, everyone liked a little friendly competition, and it was a great change of pace from trying to kill each other on the rift.

"However this game is going to have some rules and guidelines, I can not just let 119 of Valoren's finest onto the court yard, no matter how awesome I am. So guys and gals here are the rules.

Rule 1: Champion and Summoner alike are not allowed to use any magic of any kind
Rule 2: No weapons of any kind and no abilities are to be used
Rule 3: Do not try to kill, freeze, main, injury, eat, beat, or murder anyone on either team
Rule 4: Summoners are squishy please don't through to hard, we bruise easy
Rule 5: I have turned the court yard into an arena with magical barriers and abilities
Rule 6: You can not leave the court yard till the match is won
Rule 7: If you sustain enough damage from battle you will teleport outside of the arena into the steps of the Institute were you can view the match or go back inside.
Rule 8: You have to destroy the other teams Snow Man towers and Ice Crystal nexus in order to win Rule 9: Note there is no jungle or buffs and Champions companions such as Tibbers, Pix, Ball, Willump, and Valor are aloud to partake
Rule 10: Have fun

The crowd seemed okay with the rules and all were ready for the battle, everyone gave out a large display of hoots and hollers to tell Phreak that they were ready. He and 21 other popular summoners grouped together a transported the them into the newly arena.

The Teams were divided into 2 with 70 on each them, summoners and champions alike. Like the rift everyone spawned in at a snow covered summoner pad at the teams nexus, on each side was a store selling snow balls, being run by a cute little poro that were let lose onto the arena, also there was a sign hung up that clearly said "FEED THE PORO" with an arrow pointing to a chest of poro-snaxs. The teams all stocked up on ammunition and headed out onto the snow covered fields.

Like the rift there was 3 lanes on the arena, however there was no jungle or trees in the middle of the lanes, instead in between the lanes were ragging blizzards that made it difficult to see, but were traversal. The Turrets were big ice sculptures of warriors that shot huge snowballs that would bury opponents from head to toe.

As the teams both moved into positions a loud voice boomed over head "Minions will spawn in 30 seconds". Everyone stared at each other quizzingly wondering what the minions would be for this match. To their surprise an army of snow men spawned out of the nexuses and made their way down the lanes, it appeared Phreak had really put some thought into this match.

Each side finally made there way down the lanes and everyone was in position. On each side there were 3 captains, 1 summoner and 2 champions. For purple team it was Phreak, Ashe, and Tryndamere; for the blues it was WildTurtle, Lissandra, and Sejuani. Both teams captains meet in mid lane and shook hands wishing the other side good luck. Ashe took the liberty of starting the match by firing a Crystal Arrow straight up into the sky, the arrow quickly pierced the sky and disappeared in to the clouds. Everyone stood quiet, dieing with anticipation as the snow fell peacefully around them. Then the arrow came back down it a flash of blue light smashing into the ground between the 2 teams. The game was on, each team captain let their battle crys and then both teams started charging in to battle. The fun had finally started.

BlackCrossGrave

12-14-2013

I might turn this into a short series, I was really bored and didn;t want to work on the Sigma story line at the moment, plus it is snowing in New England right now and it has me really excited so I wanted to make this post based off of what has been happening here. I hope you enjoy the small read and what ever I attach to it next.

NOTE: post your own short stories here, I want to make this thread a little place where I want everyone to post in the comments there own snowdown short stories!

Ethereal311

12-16-2013

Alright then, I'm going to try my hand at this. Not sure if this is actually funny or anything, but here goes nothing.

Xerath looked out over the snow covered Institute from his personal chambers.
He watched so many of the other champions having their own sort of fun throwing compacted orbs of crystallized water at each other.
Who the hell named snowballs anyway?
It was snow, compacted into a ball. The level of sophistication to handle the nomenclature was absolutely astounding. Truly the epitome of human genius.
Though, in some sadistic way, it actually sounded fun. It was a weird and illogical activity to him, but he had been human long ago. Perhaps I should try it out. For the knowledge of why I should avoid the next snow day.
And the next.
And for the rest of eternity.

After winding his way down the twisting stairs, he managed to finally get down to the ground floor.
Opening the thick oak doors, he saw white everywhere. The entire courtyard had been covered in an incredibly thick layer of snow. How he had missed this downpour was beyond him. Perhaps he should spend less of his limited free time in private meditation.
There were other champions out here, playing around like little children.
But being a child was so much fun.
So, now, where do we begin, thought Xerath. The first part is a snowball.
Xerath looked around for a minute, gathering as much information about forming a snowball as he could.
Getting the grasp of the concept, he began the construction.
Scooping up a large quantity of dihydrogen monoxide crystals, he began forming the snowball that could trump all others. Something befitting of his power. Those mere fools would wonder at my amazing snow-
His thoughts stopped as he realized that he had lost his grip on the ball.
He looked down at his steaming hands.

Steam.

"..."

The snow had completely evaporated from his innate power.

He continued to stare at its previous position in his hands.
He lowered his head in defeat.

"DAMN IT XERATH! YOU'RE RUINING ALL OF THE GOOD SNOW!"
Xerath looked over to a group of champions nearby the area he had settled.
Sivir, Vi, Ezreal and a few other women of the League.
The Battle Mistress or, more often than not, the Hangover Mistress, from her legendary drinking matches with Gragas, was the one who had shouted at him.
Sivir pointed downwards at Xerath's feet.
Xerath looked down.
The snow beneath him was melting at an alarming rate. All of the snow was going to waste.
"You may want to watch out there Sivir. We all know what Xerath can do from summoner battles on the Rift." Ezreal's word of caution was barely heard above her laughter.
"Yeah, the spark-boy wonder can definitely put on an amazing light-show." Vi's laughter echoed throughout the courtyard.
"Well, why has Brand not been told off already?" Xerath pointed over to the charred head of Brand across the yard.
"He brought protection. Freljordian armor is an amazing heat insulator." Sivir said, nodding over to a dizzy and almost naked Sejuani who was making her way back inside the Institute for her spare clothes and her large ice flail to clobber the thief.
Brand was actually wearing Sejuani's armor, not even caring about the bulges for its owner's breasts. In the limited time he had before Sejuani returned, Brand was frantically trying to form a snowball just as Xerath had.

Protection. I need that. Or he could do something different. He knew enough here anyway.
Xerath started making his way back inside.
"Sivir, catch this then." he said, throwing a large flurry of snow up into the air.
"Like that is going to do anything." Sivir chuckled before she saw an energy blast pierce the heavens.
It was going to come down right on top of her.
While the others around her ran for cover, Sivir stood her ground, knowing how to deal with the obvious barrage.
The crackling energy blasted the area around her.
"Come on Xerath, that was so obvious it was-whaAAAA!" Sivir cried as she fell into the shallow pool of water beneath her. The water quickly started to freeze, Sivir only being saved by her comrades.
Xerath could hear all manner of curses directed at him.
Responding with a middle finger over his shoulder, he slipped through the heavy oak doors and back into the sanctuary of the Institute.

"YES! FINALLY! I'VE MANAGED TO MAKE A SNOWBALL! WHERE ARE YOUR GODS NOW!" Brand cried, proclaiming his triumph over the soft matter.
The snowball suddenly broke apart from Brand's excitement.

"..."

"..."

"GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAH!"

And that is the story how Sivir became a rival of Xerath and how Brand hates snow days.

BlackCrossGrave

12-16-2013

XD I love it, I forgot that Brand and Xerath's bodies would melt snow. Nice connection, and I liked the story as well. Made me laugh at a few parts too.