[Guide] Blitzcrank!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DataThrust

The Council

10-07-2009

http://datathrust.net/guide1.html

Post feedback here with regards to layout etc taking priority over content, though content feedback is also welcome.
Is a bit wall of text-y, but couldnt find room to cut it down wihtout taking things out. Images are all from the community site, so shouldnt be an NDA issue.
Enjoy.

mermin

10-07-2009

thanks for the guide i've been playing him a lot lately..have you tried archangels? i think it could be a very good item, increasing AP as well as eHP

formats great, wouldnt mind the item build numbered though as well as the overall bonuses from your runes

edit: what about masteries? i go 9/0/21 on him when im goin AP

SmecssRaege

10-07-2009

i find this AP build amazingly intriguing, and i agree with what mermin said about being more specific ont he items section, other than that, looks awesome

edit: ok looked at it a bit more....and i'm slightly skeptical about the rylai's scepter choice.

Reasons being:

Rocket grab lasts for the whole duration of the slow
So does power fist
Overcharge does nothing

And the only practical use is your ulti.

Instead consider another rod of ages, or an abyssal scepter or something defensive ish like banshees veil. (which would be very useful, HP MP MR and spell shield

Nasuchi

10-07-2009

I'll try this out and post later. :P

Look's good I must say.

DataThrust

The Council

10-08-2009

Will look at expanding on the items section, and possibly reconsider Rlyais, probably could be put in with something more consistantly useful.
Generally I think archarngels is a bad choice as it doesnt give him any surivability, the AP isnt all that high until you have 4k mana or something obscene, and I think blitz needs more burst mana than mp5, thus making that part less than idea. Mainly its jsut the lack of defensive stats, and the tendancy he has to take alot of hits. Perhaps could be suggested to replace Rylais instead for MAORRODOFAGESLOL.

SmecssRaege

10-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataThrust View Post
Will look at expanding on the items section, and possibly reconsider Rlyais, probably could be put in with something more consistantly useful.
Generally I think archarngels is a bad choice as it doesnt give him any surivability, the AP isnt all that high until you have 4k mana or something obscene, and I think blitz needs more burst mana than mp5, thus making that part less than idea. Mainly its jsut the lack of defensive stats, and the tendancy he has to take alot of hits. Perhaps could be suggested to replace Rylais instead for MAORRODOFAGESLOL.
At no point did i mention archangels staff because i agree it would suck on him =P

Toorc

10-08-2009

Blitz is my main and I play him with a pretty similar build as your guide says.

By end game I'm usually wearing:

Philo Stone
Boots of Swiftness
Sheen (sometimes upg to Lich Bane)
Rod of Ages
Frozen Heart
xxxx <--- enemy dependant

I gotta have Flash though. That Rocket Arm + flash combo is too ridiculous.

I'm also a lazy ass and never change my rune pages from 0/9/21

PS: Extremely sexy guide layout... very nice

Edit: I also play him a little more Tanky and a little less AP oriented. I'll grab a Banshee Veil pretty often, and my runes are typically more +HP rather than +AP

Bloodba7h

10-08-2009

I've posted it before, but my Blitz build looks like this and is VERY successful.

1. Sapphire Crystal -> Sheen
2. Boots of Speed -> Boots of Swiftness
3. Phage -> Giant's Belt -> Frozen Mallet
OR depending on if you need survivability more
3. Giant's Belt -> Phage -> Frozen Mallet

at this point you can decide what you want to go for:
4. *HP: Sunfire Cape (for more physical oriented team) or Banshee's Veil (for more AP based team)
4. Crit/Speed: Zeal -> Phantom Dancer

I definitely recommend the HP build for 80% of cases though.

I don't upgrade to Lich Bane because I don't feel that AP is worth spending money on, even if you get a small amount of magic resist and movespeed with it (movespeed is so great with Blitz, however). I use Blitz as a puller and gank initiator so the slow effect (and HP!) of Frozen Mallet is too good to pass up. If only Blitz's abilities scaled with AP better I could recommend Lichbane.

DawningFate

01-01-2010

Why not use the trinity force?! It has the sheen, some slowing/damage, health, and some speed/crit., all in one package!