Draft Dominion guides from an experienced player.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
Constructive posts only please.

I am sorry.
Thanks for catching that

That said, I like your guides for other champs

GrignardTS

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
Thanks for catching that

That said, I like your guides for other champs
Thanks.

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

Going hybrid akali is going to nerf your damage output late game tremendously. You're much better off going rabs first from the start in dominion so you're scaling goes through the roof. By the 7 minute mark you'll be pushing over 150 ap and once you get your rabs you'll be well into the 250 range which pretty much means as long as you can play smart and your get your giants belt you're going to be a serious threat.

GrignardTS

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinzigerAI View Post
Going hybrid akali is going to nerf your damage output late game tremendously. You're much better off going rabs first from the start in dominion so you're scaling goes through the roof. By the 7 minute mark you'll be pushing over 150 ap and once you get your rabs you'll be well into the 250 range which pretty much means as long as you can play smart and your get your giants belt you're going to be a serious threat.
Dominion is an early game...game.

You maybe be hurting yourself by minute 20, but you gain a very, very strong mid game.

While you do impressive AP damage, once you run out of energy, you are slow continue.

You still gain impressive early survivability with Gunblade and I always go Giant's right after.

Korath Arcolite

01-10-2012

Good guides overall. My budy who mains Akali in both Dom and SR agrees with your hybrid strat. He builds slightly different but says its more about playstyle than one being better than the other.
Thanks for psoting!

EinzigerAI

01-10-2012

Sustain doesn't win Dom with ap champs. Ap champs in dom are there for blowing something up as fast as possible. Akali by design isnt made for going toe to toe with the current ad carry meta which is why you need to have as much burst as possible which means you go with ap. AP double dips your damage, ad does not.

GrignardTS

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinzigerAI View Post
Sustain doesn't win Dom with ap champs. Ap champs in dom are there for blowing something up as fast as possible. Akali by design isnt made for going toe to toe with the current ad carry meta which is why you need to have as much burst as possible which means you go with ap. AP double dips your damage, ad does not.
Are you trying to tell me that Akali, an assassin with stealth, LS and SV, burst damage, mobility, and a bit of tankiness is not a good 1v1 champion?

Sustain, aka lasting longer against multiple opponents and giving you strong tankiness in 1v1 situations, doesn't win fights?

Getting AD doesn't give you more SV?

GrignardTS

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath Arcolite View Post
Good guides overall. My budy who mains Akali in both Dom and SR agrees with your hybrid strat. He builds slightly different but says its more about playstyle than one being better than the other.
Thanks for psoting!
Thanks a lot.

They are a bit rough, but they contain quality observations by me in their use exclusively in dominion. I usually go through 4-5 builds and several starting arrangements until I decide one that works.

GrignardTS

01-12-2012

Updated Orianna and Teemo guides

GrignardTS

01-14-2012

New Karthus video.