Questions frequently asked by DotA players!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eithyr

Adjudicator

10-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooK View Post
"League of Legends has improved juke mechanics"

Disagree. Juking was way easier in DOTA, given the larger differential in movement speeds and the sharper angles for fog of war.
Agreed with you.

Arafel

Friend of Urf

10-07-2009

Quote:

Disagree. Juking was way easier in DOTA, given the larger differential in movement speeds and the sharper angles for fog of war.
grass.

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

10-07-2009

it was easier, yes. I wouldn't say the mechanic was better though. I dunno.

Sazabi02

10-07-2009

Quote:

It was mostly unintentional in DotA but the mechanic seemed more natural than brush. No complaints about brush though. It's a nice addition.

Surgery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2009

Seriously. Solid staff lineup you've got going on there. B2C relations FTW, Penny.

Sir Prize

10-07-2009

Great idea adding this riot

On juking, juking in lol is just... different than it is in dota. I know that I LOVE brush, I'm not exagerrating to say that it sealed the deal for me and playing this game for quite awhile into the future.

I would be interested to see more dota-style juking, but not in summoner's rift to be honest. There is enough brush and enough juking going on there. Maybe that twisted treeline can have some big trees or something?

NeoIllusions

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

10-07-2009

There needs to be a ramp vision differential. As it is right now, champions can at the bottom of the ramp can see up just by being near it.

MrHoohah

10-08-2009

I agree with NeoIllusions, the elevation-vision effect in the Warcraft III engine added a bit of good ol'-fashioned paranoia. Also, the small miss chance that blighted the lower elevation dwellers was neat, although not entirely necessary in League of Legends.

Aknar

10-08-2009

I just love david banks's passive,he's so smoart

Crazy Demon

10-08-2009

Quote:

Disagree. Juking was way easier in DOTA, given the larger differential in movement speeds and the sharper angles for fog of war
My thoughts exactly when I read this. Tall grass mechanics are also odd; sometimes the enemy hero is still able to see you after you enter the grass for a split second, ruining the juke.