Please stop releasing champions so often.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bilun

12-24-2011

But the game's pretty well balanced already?

Seriously, has less obviously broken characters then most PvP games, contrary to what the complainers who can't accept that some champions need to be countered differently would have you believe.

That said perfect balance is more or less impossible when even a modest number of characters with completely distinct skill sets are compared. The best that can generally be done is bring down the stupid OP champions(which has been done) and continuually buff and nerf champions near the bottom/top respectively to keep the meta from stagnating(which likewise is being done).

Moreover the number of champions released doesn't really impact their ability to do this.

Do you really think if we only had 40-50 champions given time a group of mortal developers would create some perfect balance in which every character is equally viable and then all changes to champions will cease as the game has achieved perfection? That sort of thinking is rather naive; in this sort of game the best that can be achieved is the removal of obviously unbalanced characters and a constantly cycled metagame.

bahamutkaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiirra View Post
I personally dislike the mord changes as well, but he is FAR from unplayable, I know of many players who LIKE the changes and think him better. You should not allow your personal opinion to reflect so poorly on a game that truely DOES strive for far more balance than the majority of of companies out there.
Feel free to one on one, play Morde any way you want, I'm tired of listening to ppl and their cheap opinions, they don't even understand what happened to Mordekaiser. 50% of 6 or 7 minions is 300% or more, 30% more to champions is nothing compared to that, the idea that you can knock off a units sustain that much is just stupid... but that's only half of it. Dispite Riot not stating it in the video, Siphon had it's bonus Shield generation removed all together so it only takes in shields based souly on damage, which is also nerfed to 17.5%. Together that reduces his sustain by at least 75%, having 10% more vs champions is meaningless, primarily because it doesn't even compensate for the bonus the champion would include to Siphon, but also because 10% of one unit does not compare to 11.5% of 6 or 7 units (who don't buy MR), a massive loss.

They also nerfed Mace of Spades and Hextech Gun, so his sustain is universally reduced, no matter how they present the numbers and his damage was dumped as well. Anyone dumb enough to think that any benifit became of that doesn't have a relavent opinion. So I already know that anyone who disagrees is completely ignorant and doesn't know how to play Mordekaiser or what the value of a competative champion is.

We'll discuss this elsewhere if you need further education, I woln't detour this thread further.

TheFern33

12-25-2011

they stated that they were going to be reworking older champs to try and make them viable again... bun since then ive just seen more new champs released and not many reworks at all.

TheFern33

12-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamutkaiser View Post
Feel free to one on one, play Morde any way you want, I'm tired of listening to ppl and their cheap opinions, they don't even understand what happened to Mordekaiser. 50% of 6 or 7 minions is 300% or more, 30% more to champions is nothing compared to that, the idea that you can knock off a units sustain that much is just stupid... but that's only half of it. Dispite Riot not stating it in the video, Siphon had it's bonus Shield generation removed all together so it only takes in shields based souly on damage, which is also nerfed to 17.5%. Together that reduces his sustain by at least 75%, having 10% more vs champions is meaningless, primarily because it doesn't even compensate for the bonus the champion would include to Siphon, but also because 10% of one unit does not compare to 11.5% of 6 or 7 units (who don't buy MR), a massive loss.

They also nerfed Mace of Spades and Hextech Gun, so his sustain is universally reduced, no matter how they present the numbers and his damage was dumped as well. Anyone dumb enough to think that any benifit became of that doesn't have a relavent opinion. So I already know that anyone who disagrees is completely ignorant and doesn't know how to play Mordekaiser or what the value of a competative champion is.

We'll discuss this elsewhere if you need further education, I woln't detour this thread further.

a nerf that was more than deserved.

Astronub

12-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloriem View Post
With the number approaching 90, it's getting more and more impossible for you to balance this game anymore.

Please increase time between champions.
Mayor bump. If you reworked some of the old champs to fix things up people have been screaming for, you could rerelease them with a new breath of life, skins and still make money.

Krylok

12-25-2011

The main problem with Riot is that they balance champions around what they read on the thread. Don't try to deny it, it's true. So basically, every month, people will find some new Fotm champion to complain about till it get's nerfed, and then move on to the next champion. After a while, this game is going to be filled with mostly UP champions who desperately need buffs, but they won't be getting them because Riot will be too busy nerfing the new champs.

ZeeSleepy

12-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFern33 View Post
a nerf that was more than deserved.
Looks like we have here a scrub that got pubstomped on by a couple of Morde players.
How is Riot's appeasement policy towards QQers working for you?
"Boohoohoo I got beat by Morde. Nerf please!"

Nea De Penserhir

12-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylok View Post
. After a while, this game is going to be filled with mostly UP champions who desperately need buffs, but they won't be getting them because Riot will be too busy nerfing the new champs.
This right here. Look at this, and then think about it.

If the game will consist mostly of Underpowered champions, that will actually be the new scale to which other champions should be based on; Ergo, that's balance.

Just because it ain't the brand of balance players would rather have (Re: Everyone one shotting everyone) doesn't mean it isn't balanced.

And the fact of the matter is that many champions are actually fine. A few champions need help or a rework, but that's about it.

mjsierra

12-25-2011

LOL the kids always make me laugh.

Riot is concerned with making money, not making you happy. This is why I detest Riot. So many of you have fanboy love for them, but in reality they sell overpriced digital goods using underhanded marketing techniques under the guise of fair gameplay and high level competition.

Don't get me wrong, the game is very enjoyable for me. But let's be honest, it's two maps that never change, and a few new 3D models/textures every once in a while. The ratio of work to profit for this company is astronomical.

They are owned by a Chinese corporation. I doubt they really give a **** if you're happy or not. Once DOTA2 and Blizz DOTA get released, if they lose a significant player base you can bet your WOW subscription that they will suck this thing dry of every drop of revenue while it sinks into the cesspool of long forgotten games.

xRiney

12-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
I feel bad for all the new people just starting this game. There is no possible way they can get all the champions and runes unless they invest money, or play nonstop till the end of time.

I actually feel overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I've missed for the past 5 months.....it's stopping me from getting back into LoL just because of all the new champs, new changes, I have to read all the release notes to see what I've missed.
They REALLY need to consider ramping up the IP gains by like 5% every time a new champ comes out so players CAN get as much content as other players without being overwhelmed into leaving.