Just met a person who literally plays Dominion all day

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Awaken Easley

12-23-2011

Dominion's fun because it cuts out all that passive gameplay in the first 20 minutes of the game.
Straight to PvP.

Malene

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2011

I don't hate the mode itself. I just end up raging at my teammates (but I don't type in chat, I don't have time for that) for not knowing when to turtle and when to capture another point. I don't like raging but somehow Dominion just... brings the rage in me.

I guess I need to rephrase my question, how can they stay so calm to play Dominion? I never rage in Rift. But Dominion just drives me nuts. I don't understand!

SantaColossus

12-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malene View Post
But I must ask. WHY?

When i tried Dominion beta i completly fell in love. Intense,non stop action. Star lvl 3. Non stop exp and gold.

Then I played SR again..And i was REAALLYYY bored. Star lvl 1,exp only when u farm, 1 gold per sec! Seriously SR is freaking too slow for me. That why I prefer dominion.

Awaken Easley

12-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriefEternity View Post
I don't have a problem with the balance. What I don't like is there's no feeling of reward to the game. You're given gold and levels, you hardly have to work for anything. It's just a watered down version of the game, IMO.

I'd have loved it if they took the experience and gold gain away and made it more like a normal game.
I don't think the gold/exp should be cut back so much as...
The points from caps should be slower so the game progresses through all stages of the game and people who are actually good late game get more of a chance to shine.

I like the fact that kills are practically worthless in terms of gold so there's no snowballing.

Everyone gets to play on pretty much equal grounds as far as levels/equipment are concerned.

Awaken Easley

12-23-2011

Quote:
I don't hate the mode itself. I just end up raging at my teammates (but I don't type in chat, I don't have time for that) for not knowing when to turtle and when to capture another point. I don't like raging but somehow Dominion just... brings the rage in me.

I guess I need to rephrase my question, how can they stay so calm to play Dominion? I never rage in Rift. But Dominion just drives me nuts. I don't understand!
Playing against bots or something?

How could you not rage in SR with the teams you get queued into, but rage at the teams on Dominion?

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

a horse running

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2011

Quote:
But... I must know. Why do they prefer Dominion over Rift? I just don't understand!
you like a band that i don't like. HOW POSSIBLE?

zionist shill

12-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken Easley View Post

How could you not rage in SR with the teams you get queued into, but rage at the teams on Dominion?

Gotta spark up that anti-dominion propaganda, bro.

BriefEternity

12-23-2011

Quote:
I don't think the gold/exp should be cut back so much as...
The points from caps should be slower so the game progresses through all stages of the game and people who are actually good late game get more of a chance to shine.

I like the fact that kills are practically worthless in terms of gold so there's no snowballing.

Everyone gets to play on pretty much equal grounds as far as levels/equipment are concerned.
It's not really equal ground, though. Champions that have better late games will always beat champions with better early games. There's no swing in momentum of power either like there is in a normal game.

That's why they should take away the xp, gold gain, and make it more like summoners rift but with points.

Malene

12-23-2011

Quote:

I'm much more forgiving in Rift. I give people the benefit of the doubt that they're having a bad day or just really bad at the champ they're using.

I find that it's common sense when to turtle a point, abandon it, or capture another one, no matter which champ they're using. I go bat**** crazy when they do something stupid like turtling Windmill while Refinery gets captured by two or even three people.

Awaken Easley

12-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriefEternity View Post
It's not really equal ground, though. Champions that have better late games will always beat champions with better early games. There's no swing in momentum of power either like there is in a normal game.

That's why they should take away the xp, gold gain, and make it more like summoners rift but with points.
You do realize that the game doesn't start at level 18 with full builds, right?

Strong early gamers, will still be strong early gamers.

They'll win the fight at top during the 4 v 4 and take the point, maybe even push the enemy's mid cap as well.

Late game champions don't start strong in Dominion.