Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

RP to IP conversion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonien

Recruiter

12-30-2011

never gonna happen. just like with XBL and wii points, riot WANTS you to have leftover points. so you always have to pay slightly more than you need too to get what you want. its a marketting scheme.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Immaturity

01-01-2012

Quote:
Amy the Raven:
It's part of the marketing strategy. Because having "wasted" points will lead the majority of people to eventually buy more points, hoping to use up these "leftover" points, and then buy more points when there are still some left over. Customers want to use up every last point. It's natural. No one likes wasted money. Hence odd-numbered points lead to more leftovers and more supplemental purchases. It's psychological manipulation, and most of the time it works.

I figured that was the case. But still, it is worth trying to get less costly uses for useless RP, know what I'm saying? I'm probably never going to buy RP again. So this 200 something RP is going to be with me until either I buy more or I quit league. Hopefully neither will happen. Personally, I find buying Premium cash of any kind a waste. Especially for games that have "special benefits" that give unfair advantages to those who do spend more money.
Anyways, It was worth a try. Obviously nobody really minds the extra RP, however annoying it is.