do you think Viktor will be good in ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UncleSamson

12-22-2011

Well he seems pretty good from what i have seen so far http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOW0WwYPSus

Zerifane

12-23-2011

Possibly. Can't say for sure till he's out.

Pros
He seems to have good harass with the shield from his q, lethal in team fights with his w (slows and can possibly stun their whole team (1.5s)) and the silence and AoE from his ultimate. However, I can't be sure on how his ulti works exactly till his spotlight comes out. He will also be very powerful early game due to the free upgrade on his hex core, meaning he gets free extra stats along with his starting items. I see him as a very good mid and maybe solo top, but there's nothings stopping him from going bot.

Cons
I see two major cons in Viktor: His cd is very long and because of his passive, the hex core will take 1 spot in your inventory meaning late game you'll be down one item. This is probably his biggest weakness. The cd shouldn't be a problem as long as you use his abilities wisely.

Verdict
I think he'll be a pretty cool champion. However, his weakness late game may not make him a favorable ranked/meta champion. The flip side would be his strong early game making him quite popular.

I can't wait till he's out, seems like an awesome mage to play. Btw thanks for making this thread so I could rant out my opinions on him.

Gbuss

12-23-2011

@Zerifane, right now I believe it is rumored that his upgrade won't be free and will be 1200g... Still a strong item, but yea. Gin already basically has spotlight video up here http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/12/19/league-of-legends-viktor-gameplay-commentary

Other viktor info that was in the Ahriman files that they extracted are here
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Viktor_the_Machine_Herald

I think he will be very good overall. I think he will be able to be a pretty tanky AP champ while still doing quite a bit of damage and providing a lot of things in a team fight like his aoe slow that can turn into a stun making the enemy team choose, can we run out of this in time and do we dare or do we try and eat the stun and hold our ground, those kinds of things. I also think he will have decent harass, won't be able to get that much off against long range champs, but other mid and short range champs he will be fine, especially because of his shield. Not to mention the anti ganking possibilities he has in his moves.

Zerifane

12-23-2011

@Gbuss thanks for the info. If you do have to pay 1200 for the upgrade, then I think it'll add a more strategic layer to him. Should you give up 1200g for extended range on your slow (or your other spells) or use the gold to buy AP and deal more damage? I think this will make him one of those champions with multiple (useful) builds, making him quit versatile and adding more of that "risk/reward" factor that Riot seems to be adding into new champions.

P.s I can't actually view the video unfortunately until about a week, and by then the spotlight will already be out lol. :/

Orenin

03-30-2012

i doubt it....

WayneKingftw

03-30-2012

who's Viktor LOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOL OLOOLOOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL OOLOLO