How Do I Play Ahri

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seeker07

12-22-2011

Anything on builds and how aggressive to be. Examples of when to press the attack would be appreciated. Thank you and Merry Christmas

EDIT: These have been the most helpful so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperKut View Post
Im no pro or anything but i think i play a decent Ahri. Heres how i play and build her. But first you to be good at Ahri you NEED to be good with skill shots. Its a must if you cant land anything then you do 0 dmg. Learn your range for all her spells. Also smart cast helps a lot.

I start off with boots and 3 pots. At the start of the lane i take a look at who im playing against and see what item they bought first. If its someone who picked up dorians ring i will harass like crazy to get them out of the lane. If you hit them a lot with your Q you can make them play passive and they will be scared since they cant heal. Also i max out Q first then W second. It helps to know what the other champs skills do and think how they would play. Also you usually wont kill anyone before 6. If you do the other guy is just bad. So save your Charm for gankers. Once your 6 you dont have to worry as much since you have your ult as an escape.

If the other champ starts with boots and 3 pots like you then play a little passive and farm. But also make sure to poke with Q every once and a while. First thing i buy with her is Dorians ring then finish boots. After once i have enough i buy Giants belt then build Rylais first. Every spell Ahri uses activates Rylais and is really strong. After that i go Death Cap. Also try not to use your ult unless you know your going to get a sure kill use it to finish someone off usually or maybe set up that charm. But make sure you get the kill if you use your ult and if you dont get a kill it was a waste.

Heres a link to my stream channel. I have a lot of Ahri videos up since shes my fav champ at the moment. Hope this helps you a little.

www.own3d.tv/paperkut
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinjaShado View Post
Things like when to attack and how aggressive to be depends on the champion you are facing, and the skill the opponent has with said champion. If you're up against a champ like Veigar, you can afford to be super aggressive to hurt his farm and harass him out, most of the time. The same goes for facing a champ like Morgana, so long as you're careful to dodge her Dark Binding and stay out of her Tormented Soil. However, against a champ like LeBlanc, your best bet is to be very cautious and just last-hit, trying to harass if you can, but mostly trying to not die.

As for builds, it depends on how you play. I personally play Ahri as a long range poker with really spammy abilities and a great amount of damage, so I build for Pure AP/CDR with Morello's Evil Tome, Ionian Boots of Lucidity, Rabadon's Deathcap, Zhonya's Hourglass, Lich Bane, and either an Abyssal Scepter, Void Staff, or Rylai's Crystal Scepter.

The above build gets me to near 800 AP and 39% CDR w/out Blue buff (going well over the 40% cap if I get a blue elixir). Now, keep in mind, I don't get a single HP item, so I'm always below 2k health (though I do get some resists from Zhonya's Hourglass and Abyssal Scepter) unless I decide to get a late-game Rylai's Crystal Scepter.

Most Ahri's tend to build much tankier though, going for Rod of Ages, Rylai's, Rabadon's Deathcap, Will of the Ancients, Sorcerer's Shoes, and some other random item (I'm not too sure how the average one builds, but I see those items a lot). This allows them to have enough damage to still be somewhat of a threat, and have enough health to live if they get caught. I've never really seen the need for it, but the build does work, and it might be better for someone new to an Ahri-style champion.

And, as the above person said, Ahri's combo is Charm, followed by Orb of Deception, and then FoxFire (E, Q+W) using Spirit Rush to stay on them and cast another Orb of Deception and FoxFire if needed. Keep in mind, Ahri isn't a burst caster, or a burst assassin. She won't be one-comboing anyone unless she's been really fed and is way ahead of the enemy team. Her job is to slowly burn down the opposing team, and then kill off the ones who got hurt the most.

At least, that's how I play her. Others might not like it, but that works for me. I hope my advice can help you learn more about how you can play Ahri in a way that you find fun.

kytez

12-22-2011

Don't know about builds, but your main combo is to charm them into a Q+W with your ult when needed.

seeker07

12-22-2011

ok sounds good so far

John Ngo

12-22-2011

you can rush either deathcap or rylai's. rylai's if your team is lacking in cc or the enemy team has a lot of burst (like leblanc, graves). deathcap for pretty much any other scenario. i prefer rushing deathcap usually.

you max your W against melee laners. Q against ranged or heavy pushers.

good times to be aggressive in the laning phase is when your enemy laner is going in for a cs which leaves them open for a Q/W and an auto attack.

you can easily burst your enemy laner from 75% to 0% at if you land your charm and your ignite is open.

in team fights you can't really be aggressive. just jump around with your ult and W and try to hit as much people with your Q as possible. use your E to peel the tanks off your carries but if their carry is poorly positioned then obviously try to E their carry first.

SilverNinjaShado

12-22-2011

Things like when to attack and how aggressive to be depends on the champion you are facing, and the skill the opponent has with said champion. If you're up against a champ like Veigar, you can afford to be super aggressive to hurt his farm and harass him out, most of the time. The same goes for facing a champ like Morgana, so long as you're careful to dodge her Dark Binding and stay out of her Tormented Soil. However, against a champ like LeBlanc, your best bet is to be very cautious and just last-hit, trying to harass if you can, but mostly trying to not die.

As for builds, it depends on how you play. I personally play Ahri as a long range poker with really spammy abilities and a great amount of damage, so I build for Pure AP/CDR with Morello's Evil Tome, Ionian Boots of Lucidity, Rabadon's Deathcap, Zhonya's Hourglass, Lich Bane, and either an Abyssal Scepter, Void Staff, or Rylai's Crystal Scepter.

The above build gets me to near 800 AP and 39% CDR w/out Blue buff (going well over the 40% cap if I get a blue elixir). Now, keep in mind, I don't get a single HP item, so I'm always below 2k health (though I do get some resists from Zhonya's Hourglass and Abyssal Scepter) unless I decide to get a late-game Rylai's Crystal Scepter.

Most Ahri's tend to build much tankier though, going for Rod of Ages, Rylai's, Rabadon's Deathcap, Will of the Ancients, Sorcerer's Shoes, and some other random item (I'm not too sure how the average one builds, but I see those items a lot). This allows them to have enough damage to still be somewhat of a threat, and have enough health to live if they get caught. I've never really seen the need for it, but the build does work, and it might be better for someone new to an Ahri-style champion.

And, as the above person said, Ahri's combo is Charm, followed by Orb of Deception, and then FoxFire (E, Q+W) using Spirit Rush to stay on them and cast another Orb of Deception and FoxFire if needed. Keep in mind, Ahri isn't a burst caster, or a burst assassin. She won't be one-comboing anyone unless she's been really fed and is way ahead of the enemy team. Her job is to slowly burn down the opposing team, and then kill off the ones who got hurt the most.

At least, that's how I play her. Others might not like it, but that works for me. I hope my advice can help you learn more about how you can play Ahri in a way that you find fun.

Telzin

12-22-2011

You could also... I don't know... try playing with her for a few days and figure things out for yourself?
Also, Xpecial plays a pretty stong Ahri, try looking him up.

seeker07

12-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinjaShado View Post

Thank you. This is exactly what i was looking for.

PaperKut

12-23-2011

Im no pro or anything but i think i play a decent Ahri. Heres how i play and build her. But first you to be good at Ahri you NEED to be good with skill shots. Its a must if you cant land anything then you do 0 dmg. Learn your range for all her spells. Also smart cast helps a lot.

I start off with boots and 3 pots. At the start of the lane i take a look at who im playing against and see what item they bought first. If its someone who picked up dorians ring i will harass like crazy to get them out of the lane. If you hit them a lot with your Q you can make them play passive and they will be scared since they cant heal. Also i max out Q first then W second. It helps to know what the other champs skills do and think how they would play. Also you usually wont kill anyone before 6. If you do the other guy is just bad. So save your Charm for gankers. Once your 6 you dont have to worry as much since you have your ult as an escape.

If the other champ starts with boots and 3 pots like you then play a little passive and farm. But also make sure to poke with Q every once and a while. First thing i buy with her is Dorians ring then finish boots. After once i have enough i buy Giants belt then build Rylais first. Every spell Ahri uses activates Rylais and is really strong. After that i go Death Cap. Also try not to use your ult unless you know your going to get a sure kill use it to finish someone off usually or maybe set up that charm. But make sure you get the kill if you use your ult and if you dont get a kill it was a waste.

Heres a link to my stream channel. I have a lot of Ahri videos up since shes my fav champ at the moment. Hope this helps you a little.

www.own3d.tv/paperkut

seeker07

12-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperKut View Post

www.own3d.tv/paperkut
Thank you very much. This is also very helpful

Fiddelstacks

12-26-2011

A good thing to keep in mind I've noticed, is that saving your charm till after you ult can have amazing results.
Closing a gap and point blanking them with your charm is just... a free kill most of the time, or at the very a least a force back if you're not being completely careless and get yourself killed.