Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ahri, The Wumbologist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dirtpoor

12-31-2011

Quote:
Carados:
Thanks for making a point and not trolling.

Wait.

Here's my question: Why are you the only player in the history of theorizing who actually think CDR/level runes are good, despite being functionally idenitical to Flat CDR, even late game?

I dunno. I guess im smart enough to get a blue elixer mid game. I usually rune out with late game stuff over early game. Seeing is the end game is what truly where winning or losing matters. Im not saying early and mid game are not worth worrying about. I just rather have a stronger end game instead of early. When you are min/maxing every percent or number counts.

umadibet

01-09-2012

o.0 VOTE ON IT!!!

PlayGooYa

01-09-2012

I've seen better guides. The guy criticizing you in the comments is completely right and he is not a "troll." Learn to take constructive criticism.

I take Mobafire guides with a healthy bit of salt, but they sometimes have nice bits of advice in them. One example was the math showing that M-Pen is the most effective way to scale Ahri's damage with items. Abyssal Scepter is a fantastic way to build some MR into Ahri without feeling that you're losing out in damage.

One reason I don't take these guides seriously is that they have set-in-stone formula with no explanation. And frankly, that's not how you should play at all. You need to be able to build according to the situation. Other guides I've seen at least attempt to give advice on alternate options or at least make it clear that their way has some very specific goal in mind.

Realistically, you shouldn't have a set build. If I see a lot of CC on the other team or am worried about persistent effects or stun from their AP mid, then I build Mercury Treads. The MR and Tenacity allow you to frequently trade hits in your favor. The arguments for Sorc Shoes and Ionian Boots are pretty self-evident.

If Talon is doing a depressing amount of burst damage to me, I make a point of getting Zhonya's Hourglass to disrupt his combo while getting armor. If nobody is building MR or I'm not worried about their AP damage, then I go straight to Rylai's. If I'm worried about their AP damage or they're building some amount of MR, then I go into Abyssal Scepter.

I virtually never get Deathcap unless they're just never building MR and I'm performing well.

I've also never been particularly persuaded by the Catalyst into RoA build and you certainly haven't made the effort to do so. Generally, I far prefer getting an early WoA since the spell vamp is generally keeping you in lane on its own. And it may have something to do with my penchant for potions.

LancerXXX

01-10-2012

Quote:
dirtpoor:
Its all just choice of preferance. If you stock up on one thing with a rune then you just itemize another. Meanwhile Ill be rocking out champs like lux with deathfire grasp + 25% cooldown from masteries and runes. Just because you think you are hot **** and think they suck doesnt mean they in fact do.

Why are you close enough to enemies that DFG is viable on Lux? Frankly, if you want to use that argument, I'll take an MET and AP/lvl glyphs, thanks. Doing more damage, staying safer, and becoming a viable pick earlier.

dirtpoor

01-10-2012

Quote:
LancerXXX:
Why are you close enough to enemies that DFG is viable on Lux? Frankly, if you want to use that argument, I'll take an MET and AP/lvl glyphs, thanks. Doing more damage, staying safer, and becoming a viable pick earlier.

I have NEVER had a problem landing my deathfire on a character with a spamable slow and snare.... Eventually someone is going to try to rush you and burst you. When they do Deathfire pretty much garentees the kill if you can land your skills right. Why would you NOT get deathfire on her? Its great against bursters and tankies.

Besides I dont ALWAYS grab it. It just so happens to have 15 cdr and is usually what I aim for. Some games I get cdr boots instead. Some games I dont get either.

It seems that I always get people down to 10-20% health with Deathfire, W, auto attack, E combo. Not to hard to pick them off then with ult if they manage to escape.

tataku999

01-10-2012

i like your build I usually go shen first then boots, to get lich, I like the extra movement. but everything else is basically the same. though I like the spell vamp...

umadibet

01-19-2012

Quote:
PlayGooYa:
1.I've seen better guides. The guy criticizing you in the comments is completely right and he is not a "troll." Learn to take constructive criticism.

2.I virtually never get Deathcap unless they're just never building MR and I'm performing well.

3.I've also never been particularly persuaded by the Catalyst into RoA build and you certainly haven't made the effort to do so..

1. that guy is 1200 and added me and asked to duo secondly constructive criticism from what source please? Learn to be better at this game because you logic and how you play are well ****.

2. lol

3. good luck laning W anyone decent and yes I really spent time even demeaning myself in responding to someone so stupid.