Who counters swain and why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrotherCaine

11-28-2012

Orianna. You can shield off trades and run him oom while he still takes damage from your trades.

Orianna more useful for the endgame teamfights.

acosn

11-28-2012

anti-mages.

Junglers.

It's mind numbing how many junglers think the perfect time to jump swain is after he's hit six.

If you're not sure, AP soraka mid is always an option. At least then you're hard to kill, but even then you can shred MR, your MR is naturally high, and you have a manaless silence.

ogi man

11-28-2012

Y o r i c k

AznGreen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2012

Fizz for the healing reduction, executioner call if you're top or jungling, and obviously ignite for the same reason.

kmoose

11-29-2012

Kat destroys him.
Played a blind pick against one the other day and it was GG for mid lane even with the jungle camping. Kat can jump away from pretty much his whole kit. Even if he gets tanky she can usually keep up with burst damage with her ridiculous farming. Just bait/harass until his cooldowns are up and jump on him.

BoneSentry

11-29-2012

You can probably stomp Swain if you shut down his ultimate. Many champs with anti-heal, big lifesteal and/or silence and stop Swain for a long enough duration to shut him down or kill him. Without his ult swain is much more vulnerable imo.

It's worth keeping in mind though that he is kind of one of those champs that counters a lot of others.

Best Furry NA

11-29-2012

I'd imagine Brand would hurt him pretty bad.

Not positive, but the burning can, on an aggressive Brand, neutralize his healing. Swain is weak to cc (stun), and you can burst him to nothing.

Swain is about sustain. Brand can neutralize that and then kill him later. I'd imagine.

Also, unrelated: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2844339