Who counters swain and why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kallen Kouzuki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

Gragas and Heimerdinger counter Swain in lane (Swain cannot push back or poke back), Tristana and MF counter him later (Healing reduction).

ladieslover

12-22-2011

As a former Swain main:

- Long range; his cast ranges are quite bad and really his primary role is to counter melee.
- Healing debuffs; goes without saying. (Katarina, Tristana, Miss Fortune, Fizz, Executioner's Calling, Ignite, ...)
- Any kind of hard CC, as is the case with any caster that needs to use abilities
- Magic/armor penetration; Swain is naturally tanky and generally will build tanky.

Tristana is the best example of a counterpick in my opinion because mid/lategame she will outrange Swain, mess up his healing, and should have enough armor pen to cut through whatever heal he has left). Trist also tends to take ignite which is good for when her debuff runs out, if he manages to live that long.

Kat is a good counterpick in lane because he has no hard CC to break her ult, she can debuff his healing, and she can blink to avoid his snare. Fizz is also good but has to get in melee range to do damage which is dangerous.

GuardKnight

12-22-2011

This question was asked by a level 9 just fyi.

Any tanky champ with built in healing/lifesteal.

Deathnor

12-22-2011

keep him from getting blue. whatever u got to do he needs blue 2nd go around. really limits him from using his ult to a good advantage.

RandomMan01

12-22-2011

As a person who mains swain I would have to agree with ladislover... I've never had much trouble with the first couple champs mentioned except fizz, then again I only start to be real agressive once I hit lv 6...

Fiddelstacks

12-22-2011

I have yet to go against him mid, but with Malzahar late game he hasn't given me much trouble.
He'll snare my voidling if I have one out, but otherwise I'm generally out of his reach.

GordoSmith

12-22-2011

Nothing...

Actually in all honesty, xerath seems to be the best bet.. or a good jungle.

Mambazo

12-22-2011

Being good and avoiding Nevermove. GeeGee swain

avarisce

11-27-2012

zyra!!!

Penninger

11-28-2012

AP sion dumps on him but is rarely played now. Kennen does well against him since swain is usually in the middle of team fights hes easy to lock down.