New server idea "South America"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cariborne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2011

I myself am a little sick of playing with players who type in nothing but squares, or some words I can't understand. I don't understand them, and when we lose the game - they like to blame me for not understanding their language.

Give them their own server, so I don't get harassed while trying to learn the game.

killing32

12-23-2011

for me, was good not to do the same server, but that they get the server in North America and put the server in America with the language of each country

Cleyran Knight

12-23-2011

Communication is not my major issue. Latency is. It's impossible to get a ping below 200ms anywhere in Brazil because of host location and poor conectivity with foreign countries. I live closer to Buenos Aires (Argentina) than São Paulo, but I get above 100ms from the former and below 50ms from the aftermentioned in TF2. And it really bothers me that koreans get a lower latency than us, while much further away.
It hurts my performance in ranked, turning every small odd against me. I can't steal baron or other buffs, loose some close calls I know I would have won If I had a quarter second more and I miss a lot of last hits with mages and when I start with boots + pots as an AD carry.

You, sir, have my support. I hope Riot considers our appeal.

A Dry Day

12-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSkyrim View Post
Communication is not my major issue. Latency is. It's impossible to get a ping below 200ms anywhere in Brazil because of host location and poor conectivity with foreign countries. I live closer to Buenos Aires (Argentina) than São Paulo, but I get above 100ms from the former and below 50ms from the aftermentioned in TF2. And it really bothers me that koreans get a lower latency than us, while much further away.
It hurts my performance in ranked, turning every small odd against me. I can't steal baron or other buffs, loose some close calls I know I would have won If I had a quarter second more and I miss a lot of last hits with mages and when I start with boots + pots as an AD carry.

You, sir, have my support. I hope Riot considers our appeal.
Lots of others foreing players plays with 200+ ping and still do well, and are able to perfom all these things nice.

Having a high ping is sure something bad, but u get used to it, cant really put all the blame on ping if you cant steal baron, last hit well, etc...

R3druMz

12-23-2011

if you dont speak english GTFO !! thanks bye

R3druMz

12-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarei View Post
I tried to politely tell some Spanish speaking team mates that I only knew English (with the small amount of Spanish I know) but that I could communicate through pings. They told me to go kill myself.
i know i had the same happen to me and thats why i troll any and all none english team i get matched with XD o.O trololing all day yoyo

Epsilon2012

12-23-2011

I'll say what we are all thinking...

Make it a South America+Korea server...

stadman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2011

That is like saying by mixing youd get a car thief who can't drive...

I welcome my Spanish speaking brethren, it's only the boxes that bother me. Even then only because I look at chat when it comes out, and nothing is legible. Both Korean and SA players typically are fine on my team, if we all just ping.

Ironclad Unicorn

12-24-2011

I know a limited amount of Spanish (took four years of it in high school and am retaking it in college this year) and can usually understand what's being said when some central/south Americans are in my team. I normally play on 3-4 man premades since I main support and I translate what I can to my friends on vent while we play. The problem is I have troubles remembering some of the words when I'm trying to communicate back to them and I -know- my Spanish grammar is horrible since it feels like there's a hundred forms.

But other than my poor communcation skills I have no problems with really anyone on the team if they're not trolling. I use google translator when I need to, to try help communication flow and normally people appreciate it if you just try to talk to them, even if your grammar is ****ty.

Cheesemuff

12-24-2011

I think the point of this whole conversation is that they're being forced to play on primarily English servers and have no other options. Not that you can make them understand by pinging or quoting the taco bell speaking chiuaua. It's an issue that should be looked into. The game has millions of players now. It's ridiculous for this company not to support other western hemisphere countries.