Don't you love AFK'ers/People who leave?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taylion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelvos View Post
The ONLY reason I ever leave a game is if

1) My parents call me for something

2) Said parents give me a chore when they call me.

3) The bathroom, obviously.

4) It's time to eat ( And my parents aren't patient with LoL games when it comes to eating time)

Even if I DO leave, I ALWAYS try to come back. I mean my last game I had to go eat and when I came back ( Because I DID come back) I got banned -.-. I don't think Riot thought about these points when they made the rule.
1) LoL games are a time commitment; check how much time you have BEFORE you join a game. Exceptions are for emergencies.

2) LoL games are a time commitment; check how much time you have BEFORE you join a game. Talk with your parents about chore assignment. Most parents are reasonable enough to give you a list of chores with due-dates. As long as you actually keep up and do your part, most parents will also be reasonable regarding "Hey, I'm about to start a 1 hour game with no pause... cool?"

3) LoL games are a time commitment; check how much time you have BEFORE you join a game. It's understandable that some people have bladder or intestinal disorders; but if you must live with such a horrible ailment then you should already know various tricks and workarounds. If you honestly can't make 60 straight minutes without a bathroom break, you may wish to consult a doctor.

4) LoL games are a time commitment; check how much time you have BEFORE you join a game. It sounds like your parents are the kind who like to have "sit down family dinner" time. This type of dinner usually has lead time on it. Speak to your parents regarding when you get notified about the time dinner will be at.

TL;DR All of your reasons sound like you simply have no sense of time management and no respect for other players.

Taylion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3druMz View Post
no they were thinking about a house with 10 gamers living there on wale-fare with nothing better to do then commit to a game!!!
Or responsible people who understand time and time management!

Taylion

12-24-2011

Quote:
I think you're right on most of those points, but even when I check around as you suggest, and I have enough time, something pops up. Like say I'm alone at my house and i'm like ok cool I can do whatever i want. So I start a game of LoL and then X person calls home to say that Y thing is gonna happen and that they're coming home in about 5 minutes. I then proceed to go FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU and I HAVE to do X chore or whatever. and idk why, but these days it happens a lot more regularly. I also think people report without saying to themselves: Was that person trolling during the match, or being an asset to the team? Does his ping say that he has a stable connection? Maybe something happened in real life to make that person quit during that time? It just seems like most players have their finger glued on the report button and as SOON as somebody sneezes wrongly, BAM.
It sounds like your lifestyle is incompatible with LoL.

Also; you have to remember that the punishments are not just there to cause you harm as payback for harming others. The system is also based on the idea of reducing the initial damage.
Regardless of the reasons behind your frequent afk/discos, you ruin the game for others. The system is there to protect those other players, not just to punish you.

Was that person trolling or asset? If they afk/leave then they were a debt. If they flat out troll, then they should get a permaban on the first offense (assuming it can be proved, ie chat logs where they admit it).

Ping or connection stability problems? Why are you pressing that play button then? I don't care if the damage you do is your fault or your ISPs, I just don't want you in my games if you don't have a viable connection with which to play.

Something happened IRL? No worries mate; things happen. Maybe you get a warning, maybe a short (sub-24hour) ban. No big deal. Happens to the best of us (I got one because we had a power outage that lasted about 30 minutes). But if "something happens IRL" in 10% or more of someone's game... NOPE

Kazfiel

12-24-2011

Quote:
The ONLY reason I ever leave a game is if

1) My parents call me for something

2) Said parents give me a chore when they call me.

3) The bathroom, obviously.

4) It's time to eat ( And my parents aren't patient with LoL games when it comes to eating time)

Even if I DO leave, I ALWAYS try to come back. I mean my last game I had to go eat and when I came back ( Because I DID come back) I got banned -.-. I don't think Riot thought about these points when they made the rule.
So, not one of those is a valid reason. You know that right?

A good reason would be..

House on fire.
Relative with heartattack.
Power goes out.
Internet goes down.

Stuff like that.

Not "i have to go peepee" or "my mum made me yummyyummy foodsies."

Grow up please, if you are not sure you can play uninterrupted... Don't.

The only times when I leave, where its not really the right thing yo do, is when people just plain suck.

I also semi-quit when my connection acts up. Better to not play then feed.

x BloodBound x

12-24-2011

my last two games we had leavers but no big deal we still won

Katzyn

12-24-2011

Yeah, sometimes it just can't be helped. It's frustrating, but you can't really be mad, since you don't know their circumstance. I dc every now and then, and I get pretty mad on behalf of my teammates when that happens...but I really can't do anything about it.

I do somewhat agree with "don't play if you can't play uninterrupted", but you can't always know when you'll be interrupted. Not many people are future tellers, after all.

I also agree that it shouldn't be too big of a deal. Shizz happens, and sometimes you can still win, if everyone plays smart.

Guanyuzhizi

Master Recruiter

12-24-2011

Oh yes.

Welcome2HookCity

12-27-2011

i rly hate leavers and they do desreve getting banned it just ruins the game and gets on your nerves when youwere winning and lost cos ofthose stinking leavers... why play if you wanna leave??

Myk3

12-27-2011

Yeah...I realize LIFE happens and you have to go sometimes, it just gets annoying when it happens time after time. Then, once I finally have a team that stays, they end up feeding like a boss....heh, its whatever though - no use in going HULK over a video game I suppose...or is this game like WoW- a way of life? O_o

Boagster

12-27-2011

Adelvos: Instead of going, "Nobody is around, let me play LoL before I get forced into doing my chores", how about you do your chores first, and then find time to play? That way you don't have to worry about circumstances changing and forcing you to do something you had to do at some point anyway?