help with jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jen Schmidt

12-22-2011

my groups jungler recently stopped playing ive decided to start jungling in his place. it isnt going well though. now tips are nice but i wanted somepne to actully show me. summoner name is jen schmidt

Tandy69edu

12-22-2011

just watch saint vicious stream

Deathmare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

It's actually surprisingly difficult to be an effective jungler. You wouldn't think so since it essentially gives you a pass to free-farm land. Jungling isn't about that though. It's knowing the who-what-when-where-why's (and hows) of ganking. When you figure those out (which mostly just comes from experience and observation) you'll become a good jungler.

Also, ward ward and ward some more.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

Jungling is sort of like playing the AD carry in the sense that you can't get a simple step by step guide to doing it.

I would recommend playing normals by yourself using a jungler you're comfortable with, or warwick or fiddlesticks. Learn routes and figure out your ganking patterns. When you feel confident, move on to playing with a couple of friends to get well coordinated ganks. And try champions you don't usually jungle with. It's important to be able to play other characters based on the respective team comps.

More than anything, interactions with lanes as the jungler are about being opportunistic. Don't be overly cautious. Farm lanes when champs go back. Steal random camps (Having map awareness helps a lot for this)

Good luck
-Savage

7thcloud

12-23-2011

savage wolves is somewhat right. there is very little one jungling game has with another even if all the matchups are identical. you will need to react to the best & worst players on your team and enemy team. if anything, i would start by focusing on the jungling routes as well as buff timers.