nobody wants to play bot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KrYoS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2011

It's true to an extent. Many more players want the top fights, but I can also say with confidence that many, if not most, games are decided by bot lane. If your team can't hold bot lane, good luck winning. Even when you have a strong bot lane champ on your team, it's not uncommon to see them overextend and try to push the enemy bot tower, die, then lose their tower as well. I see this all the time with Heimer.... If you want to truly be good and have a high normal game elo, master bottom lane and learn to dominate it. Do that and watch your win % skyrocket.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrYoS View Post
It's true to an extent. Many more players want the top fights, but I can also say with confidence that many, if not most, games are decided by bot lane. If your team can't hold bot lane, good luck winning. Even when you have a strong bot lane champ on your team, it's not uncommon to see them overextend and try to push the enemy bot tower, die, then lose their tower as well. I see this all the time with Heimer.... If you want to truly be good and have a high normal game elo, master bottom lane and learn to dominate it. Do that and watch your win % skyrocket.
Not true, was doing Trist bot vs Swain, and let's say Swain sat at the point because he couldn't hold it if he stepped out but would still lose it 1/3 every minion wave since I will poke him down. This opened me up for ganks yet we still lost because after the gank it was an easy point cap as my team can't take top and lose constantly.

Xytrigius

Recruiter

12-25-2011

I usually play the top lane because I'm a good burst damage in the first team fight at the windmill, but I don't mind if people want me to play bottom. I've seen alot of players in most of my Dominion games wanting to play bottom.
Most player's don't like the bottom lane because they are unable to survive (they are noobs) which leads to the enemy capping our bottom point, without anyone defending the bottom lane, we'd rather just surrender...
Dominion is a fast paced mode, and I also see alot of player's playing melee champions more than ranged champions, this just makes it harder for the team to decide who would be going to the bottom lane... If there were more ranged champions, I think we would have more bottom laners.

Nekrogen

12-25-2011

If I don't get bottom I WILL RAGE!!!!!!!!!!! Nah not really, but I definitely prefer bottom lane.

People don't like it down there because they typically play it to a stalemate which is, of course, quite boring. Constant aggression and zoning in bottom lane will offer quite a bit of excitement and end up being very beneficial to your team when you manage to neutralize their point and/or kill their laner.

Esteris

12-25-2011

People don't like bot cause top rarely comes to help. Even if its Yorick or Hiem, they just let it be.

Skytro

12-25-2011

i like to play bot, mostly because i am best during the laning phase in classic and bot is pretty much a perma laning phase

lbgsloan

12-25-2011

Quote:
I just had a game as Fizz where I was basically made to go bottom because none of my team would. I never lost bottom ONCE. We WON the game. I went 7/2/2 with a score of 883. I had an Olaf, ON MY TEAM, tell me I did nothing all game.
This is part of the big reason why nobody wants to play bot; it's thankless. You can hold bot for 15 minutes, then lose it once to a 1v2 gank and have someone on your team start talking **** about you. I've said before it's like playing jungler in soloq; anything that goes wrong is blamed on the jungler/bottom laner.

A large part of it I think is that duo/premades all like to play top together, so of course if they lose it must be the guy who isn't part of their premade.

Ascleph

12-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
If I don't get bottom I WILL RAGE!!!!!!!!!!! Nah not really, but I definitely prefer bottom lane.

People don't like it down there because they typically play it to a stalemate which is, of course, quite boring. Constant aggression and zoning in bottom lane will offer quite a bit of excitement and end up being very beneficial to your team when you manage to neutralize their point and/or kill their laner.
Or force 2/3 enemies to come bot(which is good), then you see how top still gets stomped by 2 while you get outnumbered in bot and lose it, of course, followed by a:
[All]: Our bot sux

sigh

Ensign

12-25-2011

I feel like the best teams and games I've been in have involved 2-3 different bot lane picks on each side. Not only does that let you rotate match-ups, but it gives you strong Windmill defense when you have the lead, and very strong bottom lane duos when the fight shifts that way.

whatwhatintehbut

12-25-2011

Everyone hates bot.