nobody wants to play bot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phynal

12-22-2011

I play bot most of the time and I enjoy it (except when my team is really failing hard top...). When I start to get bored with it I switch champions and look at it as a challenge to see if I can win the match up this time.

Except against Yorick...seriously if someone didn't ban Yorick and I have to go against him...it's incredibly frustrating. I can occasionally beat bad Yoricks...but good ones...gg...

FDru

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
I do not mind, IF YOU TELL ME IN CHAMP SELECT

FFs, I take runes for Top, Summoner Spell for TOP, setup for TOP

Then 4 people ask u to go BOT, wtf is that???
If nobody says they're going bot, you should assume that nobody is. If you're willing to bot, then be prepared to do it.

There's really nothing terrible about having multiple bot-capable champs on your team.

PrometheanRage

12-22-2011

i love bot the most. no matter who i play, i always end up there at some point in the game. as for the comparisons between SR laning, i don't really think it is the same at all. SR is about last hitting, bot is about pushing. i don't have the patience to last hit, but i sure love aoe-ing the heck out of minions. additionally, between the health packs, mana regen passive, and closeness of one's base, the action never, ever needs to stop, unlike SR. Totally not passive in dominion.

ultimately, the fun comes in forcing people to come down to deal with you - it is rare the games where i don't see at least 2 or 3 champs. my games seem to be about 30% duo bot after level 10 these days, which is also fun.

honestly, i think it is perfect the way it is. it suits me just fine, and if there is no competition for it, so much the better.

MrSmileyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

It gets boring, I get ganked all day by the enemy team but my team never comes to help until after I'm dead and point lost. If I push their point, they get backup in the nick of time.

Maxiroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

I don't mind playing bot at all, and if I'm having trouble I don't mind asking for help, and usually I'll get it. I've found that by simply pinging my node if I think its going to be lost that somebody will come help it, you just have to ask. People take it that no news is good news, and if you wait until the point is captured before asking for help on the bot, then you are doing bot wrong.

Ascleph

12-22-2011

The difference from SR's lanning is that you cant "win" bot. If you do "too good" in bot you'll end up getting crushed by multiple champs and lets face it, even if your top manages to take advantage of the situation and cap top/mid, getting crushed is NOT fun.... and your top failing even more while you get crushed by 2/3 champs is more common anyways.
Bot's only satisfaction comes when the game is won, because before that you are either waiting to get ambushed by multiple enemies if you are doing too good, getting crushed by the enemy bot or crushing the enemy bot while your top is failing miserable or crushing the enemy bot while your top is crushing them too which isnt really fun either.
Bot's fun depends waaaaaaaaaaay too much on top's performance and it shouldnt be like that, since bot is the "less fun" role already

Seņor Pancho

12-22-2011

Quote:
SR is about last hitting, bot is about pushing. i don't have the patience to last hit, but i sure love aoe-ing the heck out of minions
you can AOE and still do your best to last hit... I mean you can make what... 2,500+ additional gold in 10 min? that is huge.

valzyf

12-22-2011

I don't usually like to play bottom. I'm bad at it and I know it. Plus I usually play champs who don't hold up so well down there. I can't out-push the enemy or have no sustain.

I just had a game as Fizz where I was basically made to go bottom because none of my team would. I never lost bottom ONCE. We WON the game. I went 7/2/2 with a score of 883. I had an Olaf, ON MY TEAM, tell me I did nothing all game.

Seriously? I never lost the point ONCE. I held out against the Nidalee at the start, the Ezreal that came after she couldn't handle it, and the Shaco after he couldn't handle it. I died twice. Once was on a badly chosen push with the same idiot Olaf to try and take the quest on their bottom. The other was against the Shaco, who ended with about 10 hp and had to recall or die to minions.

I didn't push super hard. We did take their point once or twice, but I mostly just held out. I held our point and I allowed my team to focus solely on top and get the win. But... I did nothing all game? Yeah... okay. I've watched people bottom who push, push, push. They get ganked hard and lose bottom, often costing their team the win. I played defensive and just held onto it all game. AND WE WON!

PrometheanRage

12-23-2011

Quote:
you can AOE and still do your best to last hit... I mean you can make what... 2,500+ additional gold in 10 min? that is huge.
Difference being, I don't generally have to time my last hits when I AOE - minions pop, I get gold. It's the back and forth, don't attack until the minion is low part that I dislike.

cerealsmok3r

12-24-2011

i play amumu most of the time in dominion but i play him as an initiator and a tank si generally top needs me i like bot but thats only when i want to play certain champions that i believe are great at bot laning