@Riot Teemo NEED buffs, and here is why.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

liddelstrider

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfrappefort View Post
*IMPORTANT* The post may be old, but I keep updating it with patches. It is still relevant to this date. The increasing amount of upvotes prove it. Season 3 is also bringing massive changes, so we will have to wait and see how they affect Teemo.*IMPORTANT*

Please Morello, tell us about what you really think of Teemo now. I'm sure it's not as simple as that. Since his buffs/bug fixes, is he really more seen in high elo (gold+)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The buffs are out...kind of disapointing :

So yeah, these did not help his cores problems. He still need help.

Here are my other threads in general chat (some others are linked in them) :

- Riot, please show some respect to the Teemo community
- Do you hate Teemo? Then read this!

Before you go on with the main post, I'dd like to say this : I consider myself a pretty good Teemo player. My Teemo dedication is unmatched. I have tried played him all roles, tried all builds (Pure AD, Pure AP, AP/AS, On-hit/AS, On-hit/tanky, Hybrid, etc.), so please keep the "just build him right" or "don't suck with Teemo" comments to yourself. The post is not about the build or skill level, it's about the champion himself.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teemo is outdated and weak.

Since the last nerfs he received in April 2011 with the Brand patch (see below), he was left in the dust.

Release Notes v1.0.0.115 – 4/11/2011
Mon, 2011-04-11

Teemo

- Noxious Trap: Mushroom reload time increased to 35/31/27 from 30/26/22
Damage reduced to 200/400/600 from 250/475/700
Fixed a bug that calculated the AP coefficient lower than intended
- Move Quick: Cooldown increased to 22 seconds from 13

Now, all of his kit is lacking, and he suffers from terrible base stats. Teemo need some buffs. He is the weakest of all ranged dps champions and one of the worst champion in the game.

Even The Rain Man, one of the top Teemo player, think so as well. When even a top player like him says his main is bad, you know there is a problem.

Here are the topics that will be in this thread:

1. An analysis of Teemo’s ability, with current problems and proposed solutions, and why his overall kit is weak.
2. An analysis of Teemo’s stats, and why they need to be buffed. Also proposing some changes.
3. A list of all the indirect nerfs to Teemo, making him less and less viable.
4. An analysis of Teemo’s role, and why so many people hate him.

And please don't quote my whole post.

*IMPORTANT* This is a list of what Riot COULD be changing to improve Teemo. Granted, buffing some things would nullify the need to boost others. I'm not asking for a boost in all of these (it would be silly), but rather at some of these. Just proposing ideas as to how each of these could be improved. I don't want him to be OP. I want him to be balanced. Huge difference. *IMPORTANT*

1. An analysis of Teemo’s ability:

Q- Blinding Dart - Obscures an enemy's vision with a powerful venom, dealing damage to the target unit and causing all attacks to miss for the duration.
Deals 80/125/170/215/260 (+0.8) magic damage and causes the target to miss all of their attacks for 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 seconds.
Cost 70/80/90/100/110 Mana
Range 680

The problem: This is one of the two soft CC Teemo got, and sadly, it’s the weakest of all CC. Blind only works against AA, and there are very few champions, aside carry, who relies heavily on AA. As new champions get released, there are less and less champions that Teemo can actually counter with his blind. It's unreliable, because it only works on some champions. For exemple, blind will make Renekton’s stun and Nasus’s Q miss, while Vayne can still use tumble and proc silver bolt even when blinded. Blind is just bad because a stun, fear, supress or knock up all have the same effect, but they also prevent the target from doing anything, not just AA.

The proposed solutions: Only two champions use blind now: Teemo and Heimerdinger. Blind should just be removed from the game entirely, and Teemo could get another CC instead of blind shot, like a damaging slow or something that synergize with his poison. Or it could be replaced by a vision cut, like Graves and Nocturne. It would be far superior and actually useful against anyone, not just AA champs, making it a more consistent ability. Of course, the duration would have to be reduced to compensate (to like 1.5 sec at all ranks). What they could also do is at least make it so that blind makes AD ability miss as well, not just AA (it would delay the effect of on-hit ability, without removing it for the duration of the blind and put effective AD to "0"). Last thing I would propose is keep the blind as it is, but add a slow with it, so that you can actually use it against non AA champions.

W- Move Quick - Teemo scampers around, passively increasing his movement speed until he is struck by an enemy champion or turret. Teemo can sprint to gain bonus movement speed that isn't stopped by being struck for a short time.
Passive: Teemo's Movement Speed is increased by 10/14/18/22/26% unless he has been damaged by an enemy champion or turret in the last 5 seconds.

Active: Teemo sprints, gaining twice his normal bonus for 3 seconds. This bonus is not lost when struck.
Cost 40 Mana
Range 20

The problem: This is Teemo’s chasing and escape ability. The passive on it is nice for moving around out of combat. Unfortunatly, it’s almost useless when Teemo need it the most: in team fights. Since the bonus is lost upon being hit, Teemo is very slow when he needs to be the most mobile. The active on it is also weak, especially since the nerf. Only 3 secs boost for 17 secs CD is ridiculous (even after the "buff"). Just compare it to any gap closer (CD and effect) and you will see how bad it is. Since it's only a small speed boost that offers no protection from incoming CC, it's barely noticeable in team fights.

The proposed solutions: This ability need an added effect, like removing all CC when used (or just slow/snare), or reducing incoming CC or making you immune to the first one that hit you. Another way to fix Teemo’s speed problem in team fights would be to increase his base speed, but decrease the passive speed boost of this ability. This change would reduce a bit his roaming speed and his active speed (since the active speed double the passive buff), but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make in order for him to be faster in combat.

A more detailed explanation about “Move Quick” is below at point 2.

E- Toxic Shot - Each of Teemo's attacks will poison the target, dealing damage on impact and each second after for 4 seconds.
Teemo's basic attacks poison their target, dealing 9/18/27/36/45 (+0.14) magical damage upon impact and 6/12/18/24/30 (+0.14) magical damage each second for 4 seconds.
Cost Passive
Range 680

The problem: This is Teemo’s main damaging source. It’s quite handy to have early game for last hiting and harassing the enemy. However, the more the game goes on, the less useful his poison becomes. In the end, the damage is just a minor annoyance, and is not doing as much damage as it should. Even since the bug fix, the ability does not do enough damage to be meaningful past mid game.

The proposed solutions: Even with the recent increase on the "on-hit" damage ratio (from 0.14 to 0.4), the ability still won't do enough damage later on (the dot nerf was also really not needed). To solve this, I propose adding % of maximum health as magic damage (like an additional ,20/,40/,60/,80/1 % of target maximum health on impact and another ,20/,40/,60/,80/1 % damage over time). This way, Teemo’s poison will still deal good damage even in end game, without becoming too strong early, and will be more threatening. Another way would be to give this ability an active, in the form of increased poison damage, or give him some kind of steroid (in damage for exemple).

EDIT 19 : August 16th : OMG! 1800 upvotes!

I was very interested in what you had to say tell I read what you said about Teemo's E. I stopped there. I completely disagree your opinion of his E. I have gotten so fed as Teemo; tanks run from me and my on hit ap damage. Teemo in my opinion should never be built adc, EVER. That all being said you make a pretty good point for his q and w. I don't think he needs to be changed but who knows once season 3 starts.

Basil Ali

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by liddelstrider View Post
I was very interested in what you had to say tell I read what you said about Teemo's E. I stopped there. I completely disagree your opinion of his E. I have gotten so fed as Teemo; tanks run from me and my on hit ap damage. Teemo in my opinion should never be built adc, EVER. That all being said you make a pretty good point for his q and w. I don't think he needs to be changed but who knows once season 3 starts.
LOL, tanks run from your on hit damage. Okay, that's a mistake right there. Not only is Teemo really easy to kill, there are a good amount of tanks with gap closers. His E is, pretty much a broken ability because he has to compromise his base damage to get this on hit ability. Also, let's not forget his poison does not stack. So he has to build attack speed in order to deal a decent amount of damage and this is to a single target. Teemo is broken and not the op way either. Which is why Riot needs to rework him.

liddelstrider

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil Ali View Post
LOL, tanks run from your on hit damage. Okay, that's a mistake right there. Not only is Teemo really easy to kill, there are a good amount of tanks with gap closers. His E is, pretty much a broken ability because he has to compromise his base damage to get this on hit ability. Also, let's not forget his poison does not stack. So he has to build attack speed in order to deal a decent amount of damage and this is to a single target. Teemo is broken and not the op way either. Which is why Riot needs to rework him.
'Ya I'm rather new to this game so thanks for not ripping me apart. My friend just smacked me and said having maladies and wits end has nothing to do with Teemos E. From what I've heard they are changing him slightly though. So maybe you'll get what you want. gl

Technician Tim

11-29-2012

way too long to read, gonna assume this guy is smart and upvote

Yfrappefort

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus Communer View Post
add elise to the jump list ;(
Good call. It's on the list now.

Warm One

11-29-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2848862

Its really sad how I find at least 3 Teemo-hate threads like this every day I check the forums, how many upvotes it gets, and how red posts also join in at times. --> http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2842551

I just don't get why they hate him so incredibly much that at least 90% join in gleefully at every opportunity. Sure he's annoying to those that are foolish enough not to buy oracles or use dashes and slows, or let him harass you without any countering, but is really the entire community that stupid?

The irony is just how much Riot panders to the young male population that they create champs obviously designed to attract their wallets, yet they hate Teemo for "obviously being a chick magnet", which is odd, considering how different a demographic it was and how rare it was for a female to play this game at the time when he came out.

Vorless

11-30-2012

hes imba. why buff

Kohrylite

11-30-2012

Please god, tell me this guy isn't the f@ggot responsible for how OP teemo has become.

Warroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-30-2012

He does need a buff. Also, AP Teemo is much less viable after the Deathfire Grasp nurf. At this point, you either play Teemo as a strong top hybrid, or you suck. He's no longer versital and it breaks my heart.

Keitterman

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warroth View Post
He does need a buff. Also, AP Teemo is much less viable after the Deathfire Grasp nurf. At this point, you either play Teemo as a strong top hybrid, or you suck. He's no longer versital and it breaks my heart.
http://www.lolking.net/champions/
has him pegged at almost exactly average played, and above average win ratio.

not being versital isn't really a reason to buff anyone. There's several champs that are restricted to one build, and even one lane. Regardless of that Riot does a good job at making thier items versital so that you have options to build the same general idea, but responsive to your situation.

Furthermore, Teemo is a great champ for counterpicking top lane, and is one of the few ranged I'd easily replace a bruiser with to play that role.