@Riot Teemo NEED buffs, and here is why.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsabo

Senior Member

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
So fine that he's picked or banned in every tournament =/

Seriously though, he's not terrible but not worthy of tournament play either.

His kit still needs a little shaking up. He's got a decent solo top laning stage. Build tanky and he's likely to win his lane, though other ranged DPS can do this too. But after the laning stage he can run into problems.

If his team is doing well, he is one of those champions that can amplify the advantage. But if his team is doing poorly, he can't do much to turn it around. This inconsistency is what makes him a really risky pick, and tournaments are about minimizing risk.
I was looking for feedback about Gunblade on Teemo and i found this answer, i think this is the best explanation of why he needs some buffs. As i see it, when Laning phase is over you're so tanky (and still fragile, wut) that you lack the damage to be a threath in team fights, if you're really fed then there's no problem, but that's almost never the case.

Btw, anyone knows if Gunblade is worth on him? i mean the Spellvamp is almost wasted but if for some reason in a team fight a shroom explodes in the middle of the enemy team spell vamp would be awesome, but that's it, and that almost never happens, but the AD, AP and Active is nice, the best available hybrid item for Teemo i think.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warm One

Senior Member

11-28-2012

Lordy. Next week at the earliest for patch 1.72 . I just don't get the point of starting pre-season without the actual testing patches for the general mass to test! Why waste time? Where were they in preparing these patches earlier? I know a standard should be set for public testing, but isn't that the point of pre-seasons, to experiment and iron out bugs on a mass scale with open beta, like with the new TT? Its already week two and nothing has happened.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basil Ali

Senior Member

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzabo View Post
Btw, anyone knows if Gunblade is worth on him? i mean the Spellvamp is almost wasted but if for some reason in a team fight a shroom explodes in the middle of the enemy team spell vamp would be awesome, but that's it, and that almost never happens, but the AD, AP and Active is nice, the best available hybrid item for Teemo i think.
In my opinion, the item is too expensive for it to be worth for Teemo, unless he is owning his lane. Teemo would still be too squishy once he has this item and their opposing top laner would already have several items to counter those items that he is building.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baxter the Teddy

Senior Member

11-28-2012

Teemo is a STRONG counterpick for some of the most dangerous top laners in the game. He effectively( as a GOOD player who is GOOD at the champ) shuts down Darius, Singed, Nasus, etc. These champs can SINGLE HANDEDLY win games if they get even a little fed. And all of them cry in the loading screen when they see you lock in Teemo.

I can't comment on much else, as I don't play Teemo enough but I can say LOTS of champs have only one role in the current meta.

Skarner, Singed, almost all of the ADCs. That's kind of the problem with the meta right now it's very constricting on how and where a champ can be played.

On another note...

Why does Teemo HAVE to have a late game? Isn't he pretty much an EARLY game champion? Like Shaco or LB? Neither of them have a late game, really, unless they destroyed so hard that "late game" is 25 mins and their pub stomping the entire enemy team. They also have practically NO teamfight as well. That's how they balance out. And yes, they aren't great in tournaments but I still see them from time to time and depending on the players, can be awesome. Same with Shaco. Same with LB. Same with, probably, a dozen other champs?

Also, if they make Teemo better in late game I demand Shaco get late game utility. I want to play him again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nykidemus

Senior Member

11-28-2012

I dunno about darius. His pull range is right about what teemo's autoattack range is - and getting grabbed is BAD.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bullettime7

Senior Member

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlC Madman View Post
Teemo is a STRONG counterpick for some of the most dangerous top laners in the game. He effectively( as a GOOD player who is GOOD at the champ) shuts down Darius, Singed, Nasus, etc. These champs can SINGLE HANDEDLY win games if they get even a little fed. And all of them cry in the loading screen when they see you lock in Teemo.

I can't comment on much else, as I don't play Teemo enough but I can say LOTS of champs have only one role in the current meta.

Skarner, Singed, almost all of the ADCs. That's kind of the problem with the meta right now it's very constricting on how and where a champ can be played.

On another note...

Why does Teemo HAVE to have a late game? Isn't he pretty much an EARLY game champion? Like Shaco or LB? Neither of them have a late game, really, unless they destroyed so hard that "late game" is 25 mins and their pub stomping the entire enemy team. They also have practically NO teamfight as well. That's how they balance out. And yes, they aren't great in tournaments but I still see them from time to time and depending on the players, can be awesome. Same with Shaco. Same with LB. Same with, probably, a dozen other champs?

Also, if they make Teemo better in late game I demand Shaco get late game utility. I want to play him again.
Because his early game is countered by the majority of common top lane picks. He has a strong early game only against a few specific champions, and even then you could substitute Teemo out for Kayle, Kennen, or Jayce for the same results and have a stronger late game and actual team fight power.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bullettime7

Senior Member

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykidemus View Post
I dunno about darius. His pull range is right about what teemo's autoattack range is - and getting grabbed is BAD.
Darius vs Teemo is essentially a skill matchup. A good Teemo can bait the Apprehend but a good Darius won't let them. It's a matchup that essentially snowballs in favor of one or the other.

Bruiser Teemo doesn't really have a hard time with Darius after he gets his Wriggles and Phage though. He pulls you, you drop a shroom and blind him, letting you either escape or fight it out depending on CS.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsabo

Senior Member

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil Ali View Post
In my opinion, the item is too expensive for it to be worth for Teemo, unless he is owning his lane. Teemo would still be too squishy once he has this item and their opposing top laner would already have several items to counter those items that he is building.
I know that, i mean for late game, probably 5th or 6th item, not rushing it, it's kind of stupid to rush a Gunblade on Teemo haha.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FlC Madman View Post
Teemo is a STRONG counterpick for some of the most dangerous top laners in the game. He effectively( as a GOOD player who is GOOD at the champ) shuts down Darius, Singed, Nasus, etc. These champs can SINGLE HANDEDLY win games if they get even a little fed. And all of them cry in the loading screen when they see you lock in Teemo.

I can't comment on much else, as I don't play Teemo enough but I can say LOTS of champs have only one role in the current meta.

Skarner, Singed, almost all of the ADCs. That's kind of the problem with the meta right now it's very constricting on how and where a champ can be played.

On another note...

Why does Teemo HAVE to have a late game? Isn't he pretty much an EARLY game champion? Like Shaco or LB? Neither of them have a late game, really, unless they destroyed so hard that "late game" is 25 mins and their pub stomping the entire enemy team. They also have practically NO teamfight as well. That's how they balance out. And yes, they aren't great in tournaments but I still see them from time to time and depending on the players, can be awesome. Same with Shaco. Same with LB. Same with, probably, a dozen other champs?

Also, if they make Teemo better in late game I demand Shaco get late game utility. I want to play him again.
Yes, Teemo is good Early-game and counters some popular champions, but that's all, he's a really dangerous pick (for the player) because he can be countered by a LOT of other champions, his early game may be really good but that's only against some champions, others can just roflstomp over him without little to no punishment and keep snowballing without anything Teemo can do about that. Keep in mind that even if he wins his lane, the enemy can still be helpful in team fights, Teemo doesn't, that's the point, he can't do a REAL difference, he can't snowball out of control, he can't carry by himself (like other Top laners), his only job is to try to shut down the enemy top laner at early game (others champions can do it too and a lot better).

Teemo players don't want him being powerful Late-game, what we want is he being USEFUL late-game, Shaco and LeBlanc are useful Late-game, he isn't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Austinodood

Senior Member

11-28-2012

Build tank teemo and still everyone attacks you cause of that op global taunt. Then you wont think teemo needs buffs xD. Nah jk he just needs to be reworked


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Horus Communer

Senior Member

11-28-2012

add elise to the jump list ;(